Yet another Jorge WIP (with Pics...;-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few pics of my boot cover as it stands, so to speak, LOL
JorgeBuildWIP011.jpg

JorgeBuildWIP009.jpg

JorgeBuildWIP010.jpg

What do you think?..I wear a size 13, and before I put the braces in I tried it on for size on the boot, and it was really huge, not sure if it looks right or not.

Man, just realized how bad my boots look. I need to break out the polish again..heh heh

@ODST479 - Thanks man, I really like hearing about my work...(pats self on back) .. Heh Heh
Do you think the boot cover looks like its the right size? It took a day to do the peps on the 3 pieces, it just looks so much bigger than any of the other boot covers I've seen.

Back from the drawing board...

Sorry about the lack of updates for a couple weeks, but my project went back to the drawing board. I'm now using most of the ACTUAL Jorge armor pieces for my build. After getting the McFarlane fig in and checking it out, I decided to go more pure to the original concept of Jorge for my armor.
The only pieces that I'm using that aren't from Jorge's armor are:
Mk VI Hand Plates
MK VI Boot covers
Ruze's Halo Reach Knee
Mk IV Groin

And here is the new progress PIC:
progress-03.jpg

And Here are the new peps:
The new Bicep and shoulder pieces (still have the other bicep to pep)
JorgeBuildWIP014.jpg

And the scale of the Left shoulder piece
JorgeBuildWIP015.jpg

Forearm and Jorge add-on:
JorgeBuildWIP016.jpg

New and improved Backpack (thanks to FoolyCoolyMan's pep file)
JorgeBuildWIP017.jpg

JorgeBuildWIP018.jpg

Thigh Pieces (with foam inserts to complete the piece to be made):
JorgeBuildWIP013.jpg

Calf and Knee Pieces (not sure how to join/mount them yet):
JorgeBuildWIP012.jpg

New Handplates (the first ones were too big):
JorgeBuildWIP020.jpg

And the new Boot covers (same problem):
JorgeBuildWIP019.jpg

So still have one forearm, one bicep, and helm to go.

And my Arduino and various electronic components came today (YAY, time to experiment).

Everything on your build looks really good so far. One thing to keep in mind about the boots, since they are the models out of Halo 3, is that they are probably scaled to Master Chief's size. When I built mine, I did have to shrink them just a little bit so that they didn't look so bulky on a 5'8" person.

-Matt

Thanks Matt, and these are version 2.0, the first ones I made I scaled to my foot size and didn't allow for the plunger parts in between the sections. They could have fit a size 18 boot I'm sure. These are much better I think.

You're build is looking great. Good pepping skills all around. I do have one suggestion tho, You're knee.... it's the wrong type for jorge. There is a much more heavier looking one for him, and it will attach easier to the shin. Other than that I'm in awe at the speed and/or quality of you're pepping. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them...;-)
And yes, the bracer was probably the hardest pep up to that point, but I'm now working on the helm...UGH. So many "fiddly" pieces to cut and glue. Has anyone made the add-on that you know of?..I'm thinking about passing on the pep of that and just scratch-building it.

Another update...;-)
FINALLY got all the peps for my armor complete!!
Here's a shot of the codpiece: The Extra pieces are for elect boxes on my belt, and to fill in the gaps on by bigger than normal waist...lol
JorgeBuildWIP.jpg

And a few shots of my helm:
HPIM0268.jpg

HPIM0269.jpg

HPIM0270.jpg

HPIM0271.jpg

The last shot shows the detail pieces that will be added after I harden and smooth the helm. And yes, I scratch-built the lower detail pieces because I just couldn't get the pep right.

I think there's a bit of a tweek in the helm brow, but I'm not sure it's worth doing the whole thing over again. I think i can straighten it during hardening, or fix it when I bondo it, if nothing else.

@CFH935 Oops, didn't update the list of files I used in this since I went a different way than the original concept. The file I used for the helm is Forged Reclaimer's Grenadier helm that BMcClain unfolded. But TBH, after building this helm once, I'd make some changes to the unfold and plan on scratch-building some of the pieces. It's just too small for me to pep with my big, fat ogre fingers. I also haven't built the helm attachment yet, but I'm not sure I'm going to. If I do it won't be pep, I'll just scratch build that as well.

@ODST479 Thanks man. You bet I'm making the big gun. How can I say it's a Jorge build and use a shotgun or AR or something. I'm in the process of drawing up plans based on the McFarland toy and what references I can find online. Right now I'm really wishing AceHigh was still here and not stingie with his files, but after checking into what happened, I guess I can't really blame him. Back to the gun, I'm not sure how I want to go about this build tho. I'm really wanting to go all out and have a linear actuator or something in it for recoil, and electronics for sound, and realistic muzzle flash, but I'm a lil bit dry on inspiration and ideas on how I can get some of that to work. I still have to decide if I want to go with a modified pep design or scratch build also. Although when I start on major work on the gun I think I'll make a new post for it. I think more peeps would be interested in the gun than my armor. You can't throw a rock (or grenade) without hitting a Jorge anymore these days...LOL

Looking great, This is one of the up and coming builds to watch and is on my list. Keep us posted.

I have good news and bad news...
After much searching on RapidShare and a cpl other file hosting sites, I think I've found peps of Jorge's gun, the bad news is I think they're AceHigh's files. So until they are confirmed and verified by several reliable sources that they aren't I can't and won't share them, But I will use them.
For verification purposes I'll post several screenshots of the pieces. The gun is sectioned and it has some differences from the McFarlane gun, but I still like it.
JorgeGunHandleSideView.jpg

JorgeGunBackSideView.jpg

JorgeGunPlate.jpg

JorgeGunHoldFrontView.jpg

JorgeGunBarrelSideView.jpg

JorgeGunCover.jpg

JorgeGunClip.jpg

If I can get a few replies as to wheather or not these are AceHigh's files I'd appreciate it...

That is without a doubt AceHigh's gun model. I really don't know how to handle this one. His last request before leaving was for people to not distribute his files, but whoever had them already was welcome to use them. My advice, wait for another to be released. I know that wtfmfkr is currently working on trying to make his HD model more pep-friendly, if you want to keep an eye on that one.

-Matt

Man, now I feel like I'm copying you... I was just about to start my own WIP Jorge thread and then I saw yours. You're way ahead of me too. I only have the helm pepped and have just started on the chest. I wouldn't mind seeing your measurements/scaling spreadsheet, since I'm about the same size (6'3", 230 lbs, 13 shoe).

I'm using some different files, so it will be interesting to see how different the final products are.

That is without a doubt AceHigh's gun model. I really don't know how to handle this one. His last request before leaving was for people to not distribute his files, but whoever had them already was welcome to use them. My advice, wait for another to be released. I know that wtfmfkr is currently working on trying to make his HD model more pep-friendly, if you want to keep an eye on that one.
QFT.

I concur that this is AceHigh's model. If you found this online, then kudos to you. But as 405th forum members, we should abide by his wish, no matter how much we disagree with it, and not post a link here. I think Wtfmfkr's work is worth waiting. It might even be more accurate that AceHigh's.

OK, it sounds like they are indeed AceHigh's files, but like I said earlier, I am going to be using them, at least as a base for my gun, which I'm now thinking that its going to be a scratch build / pep combo. I won't provide links or post the files, as per Acehigh's wishes.

@Jonus, no prob man, I don't expect to be the only Jorge out there, but TBH it isn't going to be a copy of Jorge anyway. I'm going with most of his armor, and his weapon, but the paint is going to be completely different. I'm going with a red / black theme, similar to my avatar. Here's a link to the spreadsheet that I used for my peps scaling factors, as well as my sizing sheets for armor. You don't need ALL the measurements to be taken, but it's good info to have...;-)
http://dc219.4shared.com/download/eAz5ILbq/My_Measurements.doc
http://dc317.4shared.com/download/ikqSqxUR/Sizing_My_Armor.xls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back