Your favorite Halo cutscene and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought about making this thread for a while, searched and didn't see one already made, so here we go....

I just want to know what everyone's favorite Halo cutscene is. Throughout the series, there have been some pretty epic ones, and I want to know what your favorites are, and why you like them. I'll start:

My easy favorite is the cutscene at the end of the level "Floodgate", from Halo 3, on the bridge of the Elite carrier Shadow of Intent. There are three reasons why this scene is my favorite.

EDIT: Link added. Skip the first minute:

First, it's absolutely crackling with drama. It feels as though the entire Halo series thus far has reached its ultimate climax. The wrong decision will mean the destruction all humanity; we can't retreat any farther. This is it.

My second reason is the number of memorable lines. Almost every line could be quoted on its own for dramatic effect. This really makes the exchange memorable.

My last reason is one that few will share. At the end of the scene, the humans and Elites prepare for battle together, exchanging weapons in the process. It's awkward for both sides; there is almost definitely some distrust and bitterness between the two races, probably over brothers in arms lost to the other. However, at the same time, there is curiosity there, and both sides feel a little more secure going forward knowing the other has got it's back. After all, the Elites respected the humans and wanted them admitted into the Covenant. I have said it before, but I feel this dynamic has not been very well explored in the Halo series, and as they move on past the events of Halo 3, I hope to see more of it.

Now, that's my favorite cutscene. Lets hear yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is Once Again, With Feeling.

It represents Master Chief's decision to finish the fight, no matter what happens, even at the expense of Cortana, who he leaves behind, with the promise that when he defeats Truth... John's unwavering resolve becomes clear as he rides the gravity chute into the Dreadnought. And Cortana's sorrow, realizing she will likely never see this man, who she veritably loves (come up with your own interpretation of the word, it has many meanings), again, is evident in the now-famous line, "Don't make a girl a promise, if you know you can't keep it." The scene is filled with emotions, for me, that really set the course for the end of the story, and give a look back on the two characters, from the beginning of the story, and it manages to do so within the course of 40 seconds.

Without this cutscene, much of Halo 3, where Master Chief resolves to find and rescue Cortana, and bring her with him to the endgame, would have no meaning. Without the development of their relationship it brings, Cortana's remark as they leave the Ark would mean so much less.

The end of Halo: CE. Master Chief being chased onto the longsword fighter by a horde of Flood and taking off, followed by Johnson and the Elite struggling with the AR.
I like this because the part where MC gets on the Longsword is a "Oh SH**" moment.
The part with Johnson speaks for itself; "This is it, baby. Hold me."

Halo 3 : Odst - "Prepare To Drop"
It makes you feel like you are a part of somthing much bigger. The epicness of dropping from the ship and seeing the whole city and just how massive it is . You can see all of the drop pods surrounding you, and you realize that you are just a normal soldier. Overall my favorite Halo game (story wise) .

Mine is the end of Halo: Reach.
The epicness of N6 fighting off a horde of high ranking elites and finally succumbing after killing ~7 high ranking elites by hands alone is just a great movie.
My friend even cried at the end of it...
Second in the cutscene in which Jorge dies, the lines "Listen, Reach has been good to me. Time has come to return the favor. Don't deny me this. Tell 'em to make it count." are just extremely brave and sad. I shed a tear.
Third is the one where Carter dies. A noble death for the leader of Noble team.
Tied in third with the one above is when Emile dies. "I'm ready! How about you?!" is brave.
I also shed a tear. -sheds another tear-

It makes you feel like you are a part of somthing much bigger. The epicness of dropping from the ship and seeing the whole city and just how massive it is . You can see all of the drop pods surrounding you, and you realize that you are just a normal soldier. Overall my favorite Halo game (story wise) .

Forgot about that. I love that scene

heres mine

masterchief is gliding through space with a bomb about to blow up a ship. whats not to like!

Yeah, that came close second for me, but I have to say I'm stuck, preferring the central story arc over the ODST story. (Still, I love ODST)

Totally agree with what everyone's saying about ODST. In prepare to drop, the characters seem more human, like you can relate to them better than previous Halo characters. Still, if I had to choose a second favorite, it would be the scene at the end of Halo Wars where Jerome and his team waste an Elite honor guard, and Sgt. Forge wastes an Arbiter...with a knife!

well i have about 5 favorite ones and these are them.........
1:chief teleports in HALO 2 and scares a grunt...
2:spartans and forge fighting the elites and arbriter from HALO WARS...
3: HALO CE. when chief asks how big of an explosion....
4:the opening to ODST with the drop...
5:when they find Delta HALO in HALO 2...

Any cut scene through out the series that shows Johnson with one of his kick-a speeches, especially the legendary Speech in CE on the POA. RIP Johnson. :'(

ODST prepare to drop

Halo Reach- The Charge at the beginning of Tip of the Spear, Jorge's death (very noble, no pun intended, RIP Jorge :'( ), The Saber launch (i was stunned), and 6's end (so sad, RIP 6 :'( )

Halo 3-The cut scene at the beginning of the Ark, At the end of Flood Gate, At the beginning and end of the Covienant.

But the one i like the most out of all, is Halo 3's ending scene, after the credits. I don't really agree to leave it at that, but i like how, after all the hell John wet through, he finally gets a much need nap. :)

I'm not sure about my favorite cutscenes, but one thing I really love is the Halo commercials, those things are awesome. I'm suprised by the amount of time and money they put into those things, that they don't make a Halo short film or something. I mean they already have everything!

Hmm... a hard choice.

I'd have to say, my absolutely favourite cutscene is the one at the beginning of 'They'll Regreat that Too'. The first level in New Mobasa in Halo 2. There's just something about Johnson being so snarky about the Covenant in general that really got me i the series, and hat was the best.

My second favourite would have to go to Jorge's death scene in Reach, including his monolgue to Six pertainig to his reasons, simply because of the deapth it gave his character. My only regret for that game is none of the other Nobles got a similar ending.

My third would have to be the first conversation between the Gravemind, Arbiter, and Chief in Halo 2 - another piece of character development that just seemed so right to me.

In Halo: Wars (yes, you read right, Halo: Wars) the cutscene where elite honor guards charge at Spartans - and get their asses kicked. That's what you get when you mess with Spartans!

In Halo ODST, The scene after Dutch lands from the Warthog jump. He gets off the ground and says, "Lord. I'm not a pilot. Please tell me I'm not gonna do anymore flying today?" A scout drone crashes into the hog. "Soo... is that a yes or a no?" BOOM. The warthog explodes. Dutch smiles and says, "Amen!"

XDD Dutch isn't my favorite character, but it's my favorite scene because it's just so funny. I laugh every time I play that mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back