Your favorite Halo cutscene and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Halo Reach Emiles deathscene being caught off guard be the elite and putting up a fight

In Halo 3 the opening scene and ending when the Chief tells Cortana to "Wake me, when you need me"
after that I so knew we would get Halo 4 one day and my prayers were answered when the said it'd be a trilogy

Has to be in halo 2 when masterchief pulls the bomb off the ship and plummets to the planet.

For comedy value i'll add i like every one of noble 6's death scenes.....because they die.

Apart from emile, because he looks scary even though he is smiling.

heres mine

masterchief is gliding through space with a bomb about to blow up a ship. whats not to like!
Watched it. GODDAMNN! I got chills. The dialogue was somber, no-nonsense, straight-up storytelling and then the inhumanly confident boast: "I won't" in reference to Cortana's concerns about missing. When he opens
the airlock and Earth is under full scale attack. A frigate evaporates before his eyes and small ship combat zipping all around. Then with the deed done, he lands with a thud onto his ride down to the surface to kick MORE ass. How many lives did the Chief single-handedly save during this engagement alone? NICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
mine is when lord hood sends in his 3 frigates to attack the dreadnought. (hope i spelt that right) it just shows that the unsc is will attack even when all hope is lost! then only thing i think he should have done is charge up the macs for a second salvo and fire some archer missles!

One of the most heartbreaking and demoralizing cut-scenes in video game history has got to be when the Grafton becomes "dust". Here you are slogging through Tip Of The Spear and working your way to The Spire all in an effort to gain some sort of advantage against an unstoppable opponent, hoping against hope that the fall of Reach won't be as gruesome and one sided as we know it will be. Infiltrate enemy lines losing a Falcon and her crew in the process, making it to the top of the spire with what appears to be a one way vector, then making the leap of faith and failing only to be caught one handed by the gentle giant Jorge. Mission accomplished right? A small yet telling victory right? One down...who knows how many more to go, right? WRONG.
The voice acting on behalf of Carter and Jorge was excellent! You can detect Carter's utter frustration and Jorge's abject, disbelieving horror in the way the lines are read. Noble Six, The FNG, is stunned into silence and probably wondering what the heck he's gotten himself into. on my first play through this scene caught me completely off guard. I sat there, after playing it on normal one night for what seemed like hours, mouth-agape when this cutscene came on. I was dumbstruck by the clever brutality of this extraterrestrial enemy. More so than any alien invasion movie I'd ever seen.

My favorite cutscene is the ORIGINAL Flood-revealing one from Combat Evolved. Anniversary's looks nice and all, but it somehow doesn't live up to the memory of being a six-year-old and trying to figure out what the scuttling noises were, and then suddenly the Flood are there killing all the Marines and Capt. Keyes. It was so bone-chilling, but also showed the Flood in a fair light, not as an evil parasite, but rather as a creature looking for food...

I like all the scenes with the frigates! The grafton is heart breaking and the assault on the dreadnought gives hope! I hope halo 4 includes frigate cutscenes and maybe will let you command a frigate!

Main article: Battle of Earth
"The message just repeats. "Regret, Regret, Regret.""
— Cortana
"Catchy. Any idea what it means?"
— Commander Miranda Keyes
"Dear Humanity; we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!"
— Avery J. Johnson
"Ooh-rah!"
— Pelican Pilot and Co-Pilot

I think not sure havent played halo 2 in a while. This was funny af. Dang this line from Johnson cracked me up.

Halo CE: Gentleman, we led these dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep them from gettin' their filthy claws on earth, and now we found something they're so hot for, they're scramblin' over each other to get it. I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-sonofabitch machine or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let em have it! What we will let them have is a bellyful of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in! AM I RIGHT MARINES?!
Halo 2: For a rock, he flew pretty good!
Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!

RIP GySgt AJ Johnson

Halo CE: Gentleman, we led these dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep them from gettin' their filthy claws on earth, and now we found something they're so hot for, they're scramblin' over each other to get it. I don't care if it's God's own personal anti-sonofabitch machine or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let em have it! What we will let them have is a bellyful of lead and a pool of their own blood to drown in! AM I RIGHT MARINES?!
Halo 2: For a rock, he flew pretty good!
Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-schmanzy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon—and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you are one very lucky marine!

RIP GySgt AJ Johnson

amen to that, too bad he never become a ful fledged spartan :D

favorite scene...

Halo CE:
Masterchief falcon fuckin punchin the **** outta captain keyes head hahahaha

mcfalcon.jpg

and yes i literally took 15 minutes out of my night just to spend on making a better imagery standpoint for my favorite scene. this is what i see everytime i think of that scene :D

The cinematic at the end of the first level in Halo 2.

Master Chief: Sir permission to leave the station?
Admiral: For what purpose Master Chief?
Master Chief: To give the Covenant back their bomb.

mine would have to be what buck told the rookie on the last level about dare. which went "if you ever fall for a girl rookie make sure she's got balls."

and i went WTF! which i guess is the same thing the rookie was thinking.

from 5:54 on. It's not a "cutscene" but it's my top for the most memorable halo moment. This is why halo is my favourite series, because it can add subtle moments like this in the middle of an action packed shooter.

Definitely the fight scene at the end of Halo Wars. Three SPARTAN-IIs taking out a company of elites like it was nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back