Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look through youtube and see a lot of armor and weapon videos, (mostly by noobs, but some are from pros) there is alot of bashing going on such as:

"dude lets see about 6 hours for each weapon theres about 12 weapon so 12 x 6 = 72 hours with is ...... get a life !"

"awesome job man... but seriously, GET A LIFE!!!! "

" EPIC FAIL seriously get a girlfriend"

"omg what a NERD!!!"

"im sorry kid but ur a loser
i mean i like halo as much as the next guy but its not an obsession
instead of puttin on a paper costume
put on a football uniform and get out to join a sport or sum thing
dont be a nerd"

There are so many comments from @$$ holes on youtube that have nothing better to do than to make fun of people who make armor.
This kid really does have some nice weapons and armor, but get constant hate comments.

why....WHY

I'm actually afraid to put my armor on youtube for fear of people trying to kill me. (just kidding)

Here's just one of this kids videos.

I completely agree, I find it funny that people have time to sit online and bash others accomplishments, It's a hobby. Unfortunately though, there are those people who like to put others down, and it really sucks. I plan on putting up lots of youtube videos, and Posting links here, and Putting pictures on Here and my Deviantart. I try and ignore people like that. and I'm sure I'll get alot of that crap too. but I'm not worried about it in the least. :)

Maybe the Mods should put up a 405th page on youtube and make a picture montage for the people on the elite section.

Maybe then the bashings will be a little less harsh.

I know I mean I've seen these weapons that are just amazing! "Get a life!" Well some of us make this into a hobby on the side, and some of us make money off of this, and some of us just love doing this! stop the armour bashing!

There was I think a very strong basher that the Mods got banned from youtube at one point. But that was only one person.

We need to ban them all!!!!

It sounds like were trying to start a rebellion lololol :p

People bash less if you have something that's at least partly done (ie. at least started bondo on it). My favorite reply to those trolls that have nothing better to do than say "get a life" in youtube vids is "you first."

But I think in some vids that have over 100K views and 100 comments, there were only like 6 or 7 trolls like that. Hell I get more of those lame "paste this in 12 vids or ELSE!" comments more than trolls.

Maybe.....Maybe..... This is true, but what I meant is that someone needs to "educate" those individuals who feel the need to be lifeless. Maybe a 405th page????

Adam made a 405th channel a little while back but I don't think we've put a lot of vids in it yet.

We do have the 405th Armor Video subforum at least to show vids to the cool folks around here. But you do bring up a good point. We need more 405th promo vids. Show folks just the awesomeness of the projects here and watch the trolls vaporize like Nazi's opening the Ark of the Covenant.

Nice visual picture, Nazis vaporizing :p

What is Adam's name on youtube.

Maybe we could have a visual walkthrough of just how the armor an weapons are made, so that bashers will have a better and more respected view of what we do and how difficult and time consuming it is. Maybe some 3d models and pep designer snapshots??

hlomaster55 said:
If you look through youtube and see a lot of armor and weapon videos, (mostly by noobs, but some are from pros) there is alot of bashing going on such as:

The best way to get rid of such comments IMHO:
1) Disable comments for video you're uploading to youtube
2) Publish that video here on forums (Thanks Adam - code for youtube embedding is exists here)
3) Wait for comments from this community, not from people seeking somebody to bash

That's all

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately people have opinions and not everyone agrees. Some people do not understand the time, patience, detail and imagination put into these suits and some just don't care period. Some people don't like Halo. Some people just don't like people. It is ashame to see people get bashed when we know and undertsand what it took to make the armor or weapon. Lets face it people are just assholes. This is why we have a great group of people like the community of this Forum. My wife even jokes around and calls me a nerd but there is one thing that she does know...if sitting around the house with her for hours on end alone no matter what I'm doing keeps me from being out messing up or messing around then it is well worth it. Simple things please me and that's not a bad thing. I enjoy working on detailed things. I haven't started my suit yet due to obvious reasons but I enjoy graphics design and web design which takes time. My wife and I even run a Reptile Rescue and own ALOT of snakes some of which will be 22 feet long. Now that needs attention...lol. My point being no matter how well your work is someone out there won't like it or they will be upset cause they can not make it and they will bash. When someone says something positive or negative just look at the source. Personaly if my work was rated there would be few people that would matter. Family (some) and the Memebers of the Forum (who else really knows or understands). My line of work your loved and hated, not one or the other but both.

Ithica

*** Image with vulgar language removed - The Mods***

sorry heh, i'm a 4chan'er

That people just want to play the troll, just don't feed them

Anonymity is the social disease of the internet generation.

I have some strong feelings about this, mainly because my email inbox get filled with these kinds of rude comments from videos that I have hosted at a few sites. It just seems that the people who spend the most time on these unmoderated forums have nothing good to say about anything. But I think that the real issue is that anytime you have a populace of people with varying levels of maturity and have no consequences for their behavior, people act out. Their site structure literally brings out the worst in people.

You might feel like it's the majority of the people who are rude at places like Youtube, but in actuality it's only a vocal minority who in turn encourage others to behave badly. Set your comments to preview, or disable them altogether and you'll feel a whole lot better about the world.

An interesting thing I saw recently was Matt Harding's (of the 'Where the Hell is Matt?" world dancing videos) response to the Youtube jerks. He made a really good counterpoint to the whole generation of rude internet commenters, and basically made them look like idiots who are just trying to make others feel worse than they do about themselves.. watch it here:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=36816

Youtube griefers, you just got served!

Rednapx said:
sorry heh, i'm a 4chan'er

That people just want to play the troll, just don't feed them
as am i, but you have to stop and watch the craftsmanship that goes on behind all of this work, but all those people that dont belong on the internets are the ones that make me RAEG.

There were a lot of really nice videos, and a few bad ones: o_O but even the bad ones don't need bashed. Maybe a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but not the names and comments.

Well 1. Its normally a generic thing to say sh*t over the internet [God knows why] and 2. I would just tell you this: It's th internet, noone should get upset over what someone says because theyre either just people that love annoying people and dont know how stupid they sound, or its just some idiot in Irerland trying to piss off someone he's heard of in Nevada. Seriously just remove the comments and/or block the user. thats what i do :3

Wait, hold on.
Arent these the people going online searching "Halo Armor" in YouTube anyways?
If they bash, they were there to bash in the first place.

I like bevbor's idea, just keep comments to people who participate in the community, because yes, maybe you wont get the noob who absolutley loves it and people that are constantly saying HOW MUCH! but you will get alot better feedback here.

I hate those people on youtube, I think they are just idiot jocks looking to insult people. That is what jocks do after all. Yea, I'm a nerd, and proud of it, but when someone tells me to "get a life" it makes me want to shoot them (kidding), just because they are into sports doesn't mean that it is the only right way to live. I could go tell them "Get a life, take off that sports uniform and buy a dang computer!!" but I don't say that do I? why is is it that some people just look for ways to ruin someone else's life? :cautious:

EDIT: I don't mean offense to any of you that play sports, sports players aren't bad, just some take it to far. sorry for anyone who thought I was being to harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back