A general warning to those attending Comic Con on the 22nd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said Trooper, you get cookies!

plate_of_cookies.jpg

I just took a peek at their website. I never knew it was possible to cram so much hate into a single webpage. It is deeply sickening. They used to make me angry, but now they just sadden me.:(

I can't wait to see these people in person just so I can piss them off. I watched the BBC documentry awhile ago, and laughed histarically at the fact that they spend so much money just to picket around the country for only 45 minutes. I wanna picket behind them holding a sign saying: "Join the WBC and reserve your spot in hell today!!"

I'd mess around with them so much OMG. But seriously, they need to get social services out there cause they are endangering their children hardcore.

If you are going to SDCC, don't bring airsoft guns, don't go disrupt their demonstration, don't stand next to them and mock them, don't go simply to rant to them. Definitely don't trolll their website and spam it. Don't you hate it when people troll our site and spam it because they don't like us? Why would you do that to others?

They have a constitutional right to do what they do. I may not agree with or support it, and I think it's in very bad taste, but I will support their right to demonstrate in public areas (now if a cemetery should be designated a private space is something I support).

If you are going to SDCC, then go and enjoy SDCC. They shouldn't be on the center grounds so you can ignore them easily. If you absolutely, positively cannot live without interacting with them, then do so in a civil manner as an individual and with an open mind. While I have not dealt with the WBC, I have dealt with a similar groups at other conventions and at my school. They are individuals and vary in their own thoughts and feelings, and many do truly believe that what they are doing is to try and help people, twisted though it may appear to the rest of us.

It is not against the law to be where no one wants you to be. Their freedom to demonstrate does not infringe upon the attendees freedoms in any significant manner, and they do have the right to insult, just as you have a right not to listen.

Again, I urge 405th members to take the high road and do not engage, do not interact, do not get provoked. Just like the issue with the CCE, just leave them alone unless something illegal actually occurs.

You may only be partially kidding, though from what I've had to deal with working security at Fanime, it's not unreasonable to expect people to act on that. Half of the problem with protesters showing up is trying to control the crowd that shows up on the other side of the fence. Help the organizers, police, etc. by just going on about your day.

I won't be the person to get violent with them, however, they like to perversly exercise their right to demonstrate/be idiots. I find it disturbing how they "try" to crash funerals of service members. Being in the Army myself, I am truely disgusted. In the documentry, they just say that they are trying to "spread the message," I.E., hate through demonstrations. It's truely a cult, they have some old geezer running the thing that preaches all of this slander and they are all brainwashed.

Like I said, I'll never go violent with them, but it would also be MY right to tell them my opinion. They obviously don't care about anything other then themselves or what everyone else thinks. If they are going to be at an event where I could be one day, I'm gonna make it worthwhile.

Feeding trolls, eh, the way I see it, they try and make funerals harder on grieving families. Nothing gets lower than that. Ignore them, sure but they never go away, not until they die and go to hell. Might as well make some use out of them!

Thats just me. I have absolutly no problem making my thoughts clear towards people like them. Way too many service men and women died for the rights they abuse severely.

I cannot wait to see the older members of this cult get their teeth kicked in by going to another country and pulling this BS someplace else. Karma will get them, it always comes around, and they will get what they truely deserve.

I'm glad I'm Catholic so I cant be caught up in that crap! I'm not dissing Baptism, my best friend for life is Baptist, I'm just saying that those dudes just make Baptism look horrible and they arent! There is nothing wrong with nerds, gays, mentally ill people, crippled, and people who are just different! The only one to judge someone is God... and Peter the angel, the one that stands at the gates of heaven allowing people to enter.
Don't forget Chuck Norris and Ajax.:p

If im not mistaken, what religious lifeform has a major hate for all things human (in this case also conventions) in a popular video game on these forums. And im pretty sure there are going to be a lot of UNSC there to kick covenant but.

Cult, Covenant, whatever they are or are not, its a semi riligous group that im sure does not care for spartans.

BRING IN THE MAC GUNS!

LOL

if i could go this year i would totally help out in distributing teabags to all those idiots

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where these guys backgrounds reside from, to make them dislike certain parts of society so much as to push against those that they dislike and disagree with.

Wow it's people like this "church" that make Christianity look bad. Someone should tell them God hates sin, not people. I take offence to them saying they're christian because christian broken down means Christ-like and honestly they aren't. Jesus wouldn't protest comic-con. Then the deal with the soldiers funeral. Jesus would most likely give the eulogy. I say we protest them protesting.

if jesus was still alive, he would probalbly be there autographing his own comics

I wonder where these guys backgrounds reside from, to make them dislike certain parts of society so much as to push against those that they dislike and disagree with.

Honestly I think the WBC are a bunch of imbred rednecks, who would rather ruin other people's lives, than try to improve their own.

does anyone else have the sudden urge to get all..... what is it, like 15,000+ members on this site, go to their next protest, quickly entrap them in a giant circle of armor-clad spartans (with a few execptions, yes im talking to you bevbor, bring your tank) slowly tighten the circle and then........................ super happy fun time spartan teabag the air party 405th style while singing the national anthem and the opening theme from halo, reading comics, playing video games, making armor, and drinking energy drinks........'takes breath'...... all at the same time. then when they stop s****** bricks, we give them cookies in the shape of hearts with various nerdy things writen on them. then we all say good-bye, throw down smoke bombs and vanish, only to haunt them on the news the next day

One of the great things about our Country is that everybody has ther right to belive what they want to belive, yet sadly, this is a double edged energy sword. It also gives some people the soapbox they need to tell everyone else that what they belive is wrong. We see too many people hide behind thier religions to spread hate and biggotry and still be able to sleep at night (hey, it's not me it's my god...so that makes it okay) One of the reasons I don't buy into the whole religon ideal. If it's your thing great, just not mine and I don't wanna hear about it... I'll stick to spiderman. Now I am in no way defending the actions of this group who are claming to be doing gods work, I think they are morons. Don't overcomplicate things, use your common sense and don't sh*t on other people and you can go far in life. Of course if my day comes and I'm worm food... and I find out I'm wrong well that's my problem, sucks to be me.

The late Great George Carlin probably sums up religion best IMHO, though his material isn't sutable for all audiences, I won't repeat a lot of it here (just youtube it if you must) but keep this in mind "Some of the bloodiest wars throughout history have been fought because somebody gave the wrong answer to "the god question""

It is not against the law to be where no one wants you to be. Their freedom to demonstrate does not infringe upon the attendees freedoms in any significant manner, and they do have the right to insult, just as you have a right not to listen.

So that means if anyone wants to stand about thirty yards to the side of these... well I suppose calling them people is a stretch, but nothing appropriate comes to mind.. so if anyone one wants to stand near the vicinity of this massive inconvienence holding signs with arrows poining in the general direction that say "do not feed the trolls, the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause hate them" that would be totally okay right? I would love to be in the front of that line, sadly I'm on the wrong coast.

EDIT: I really hope this doesn't come off offensive to anyone, it's not meant to be. I tend to rant sometimes, so if I do, or did, or might possibly offend someone, it's past my bedtime and the meds have worn off. I want to offer a humble apology right now.

So that means if anyone wants to stand about thirty yards to the side of these... well I suppose calling them people is a stretch, but nothing appropriate comes to mind.. so if anyone one wants to stand near the vicinity of this massive inconvienence holding signs with arrows poining in the general direction that say "do not feed the trolls, the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause hate them" that would be totally okay right? I would love to be in the front of that line, sadly I'm on the wrong coast.

The main things I've seen people demonstrating at get knocked on:

Blocking sidewalks/traffic.
Using certain noise amplification devices without a permit
Specifically calling out people (The police allowed the protestors to say "you are all going to hell" but asked them to stop when they started "You with the balloons, you're going to hell", etc.")

While I still say non-confrontation is the best route, if you do just stand outside their personal space (30 feet is plenty, nevermind yards) holding a sign like that, you should be perfectly fine. Just follow any instructions that security or police might ask of you in regards to blocking sidewalks, etc and you can safely exercise your own free speech.

However, again, I stress that simply ignoring them at conventions is the best route, especially if it's comic con. Debating with them is pointless because you're unlikely to change their mind anymore than they are to change yours, and you don't need to waste your breadth trying to show the rest of the world that their ideas are a bit off, since that's the general consensus anyways. It is a waste of time, and if you let their actions and words bother you, you're giving them way more credit and time than they deserve.

I wonder what makes them get scared...............

if not replica rifles and such(rednecks are usually intimidated by prop weapons), what???

just wondering out loud to see what their reactions would be to rifles and mjolnir armor.........

FYI I don't intend somebody to wave a prop at them at all(I know I wouldn't try doing it)....and they might be thinking that is a sue able offense.......

I once heard Teller (from Pen and Teller) Explain how they feel about Proselytizing. He said it this way. "How much do you have to hate someone to not tell them about eternal Damnation". He's a VERY devout Atheist. For those of you that do find it offensive when your friends and family try and share thier religious beliefs with you, don't be offened. They just care enough about you to make sure, according to thier religion, that you're not going to some eternal torture. That being said.....

Those people should be friends and Family. WBC is the doing the Equivalent of the Crusades. Attitude at least. The Message of Christ is Love, not forcing people to believe what you believe. The decision should be personal. Grrs......I hate people that ruin it for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back