Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
waynes-world-schwing.jpg

SCHWINGGG!!!!
Dude, this is epic!!!! So is the file going to be released as only that, with the sprint device attached or will there be one with just the regular back piece??

Stoked to see this file!!! :D

OOOOOoooooOOOOoooo..............VERY nice. Me likey. hehe

I personally am not too big on the armor ability add-on, but I had NO CLUE that Ruze made the spine armor!!! :O I was going to model it myself.........eventually. :p I wanted to make it for my Kat armor.

L3X!!!! OMG! I fixed it! :D It opens in pepakura JUST FINE NOW!!!! :D :D :D I have a few faces that need to be fixed from what I see on the model as it appears in pepakura, but the model works! It's not going to take me very long to fix those couple faces either. Once the model is solid, I can either upload it and post it here for other's to take a crack at unfolding it or I can just e-mail you the .obj file of it. Just give me the word. :p

EDIT:
Okay. It's finished. No more open edges and it appears that all the little problems are fixed. :) I believe it is now ready to be unfolded. :D

L3X!!!! OMG! I fixed it! :D It opens in pepakura JUST FINE NOW!!!! :D :D :D I have a few faces that need to be fixed from what I see on the model as it appears in pepakura, but the model works! It's not going to take me very long to fix those couple faces either. Once the model is solid, I can either upload it and post it here for other's to take a crack at unfolding it or I can just e-mail you the .obj file of it. Just give me the word. :p

EDIT:
Okay. It's finished. No more open edges and it appears that all the little problems are fixed. :) I believe it is now ready to be unfolded. :D

Hey, thanks a ton goddess! Id really like to see the little adjustments youve done with all the extra verts and stuff! Plus Carprtahia and Ben have sent me fixed files too so ill see which one i like best and use that one. :D

Hey, thanks a ton goddess! Id really like to see the little adjustments youve done with all the extra verts and stuff! Plus Carprtahia and Ben have sent me fixed files too so ill see which one i like best and use that one. :D

Well I've actually already started to unfold the one that I got. So far I've managed to seperate the spine armor pieces, the armor ability piece and have a decent amount of the actual chestplate itself unfolded.

So any news on the new and improved suit? It is looking pretty freaking sexy. LOL Oh and btw when you export your 3d models, have you considered exporting them as quads instead of triangles. It would make it so much easier to unfold. Just a thought.

It dosen't matter how you export the models, Pepakura reads all geometry as triangle-based. It's the program, not the model.

It dosen't matter how you export the models, Pepakura reads all geometry as triangle-based. It's the program, not the model.

Actually I just double checked Pepakura Designer 3, and it doesn't only read triangles. I have always exported my models as Quads and Pepakura reads them as such. LOL

Most 3d software gives you a few options when exporting models as .OBJ files and one of them allows you to export as "Quads" vs "Triangles". Anyways Its a thought. And like i said before it makes unfolding in Pepakura a breeze. LOL

V4 Foam Unfold

markvV4.jpg

Feel free to start making your own pep unfold if you like, ill probably have mine up in within the week.

@HaloGoddess - Hey, if you've finished your unfold, go ahead and post it up in here and ill put it in the first post so people can start downloading it! :D

thanks L3X!! I actually just signed on to the forum to see if this was updated! lol! is it the same sizing equation like you mentioned earlier in this thread with the V3 file?

*sobs* just when i finished the V3 in foam. O well from what i can see not so much has changed that I can't compensate for. But for the future reach armorers, excellent job :)

This is phenominal work LEX, great unfold for foam, i'm going to start it today! :D
BTW, ill take the "unrealistic to make armor module outta foam" as a challenge ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back