Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!

Yeah I have my first pepped chest sitting there.. guess I will have 2 now.. Just downloaded it.. It looks great!

Just a question on scaling are all your axis correct? The measurements are so close I just wanted to make sure the
height is top to bottom and the the width is going across the shoulders?
Yessir, the axis' are correct! the width is the width and the depth is the depth lol

Well L3X provided me with a nice tool to verify a measurement for scale built in .. I printed the inside reinforcement strip and the 2 pieces that attached to it and used it as a shoulder measuring tape.

Which I got lucky at the default scale and they rest perfectly at the bumps on bones my shoulders leaving about a 1/2 inch on either side before it drops off my shoulder. That should allow for plenty of arm rotation with out it dropping down.

Just a shopped figure to compare.. I like the figures since they do have articulation factored in.

haloreachfigures2e12824.jpg

I found my weekend project. Can't wait!

Well L3X provided me with a nice tool to verify a measurement for scale built in .. I printed the inside reinforcement strip and the 2 pieces that attached to it and used it as a shoulder measuring tape.

Which I got lucky at the default scale and they rest perfectly at the bumps on bones my shoulders leaving about a 1/2 inch on either side before it drops off my shoulder. That should allow for plenty of arm rotation with out it dropping down.

Just a shopped figure to compare.. I like the figures since they do have articulation factored in.

haloreachfigures2e12824.jpg

I found my weekend project. Can't wait!
Taking this into account, what is your height measurement(trying to see if I need to scale up or down)?

The model default height is 442mm or 17.4016 inches tall.. I am 5' 11" . A rough measurement of shoulder level to just under center of breast bone was about 12" I am guessing there is about 2" to 3" of that vest above the shoulder so that leaves about 3 or 4 below for that lower stomach plate.. So the cut out in the stomach ends up i am guessing 2 to 3 inches above naval. Again close guesses..

Hope that helped?

I still can't believe they never made a distance measuring tool in the Pep Designer so you could measure points of reference in the model..UGH! It would save a lot of us the time of scaling.

Good luck to ya..

I am not sure this version is going to be a slip over the head or not as I haven't got that far yet. after your shoulder test another fitment test would be print top neck portion and see if it clears your ears. If it does then that's kinda a bonus.. If it is to narrow yet appears to be the right scale every where else it could end up a front and back 2 piece chest.

This latest model is great L3X!! Extremely accurate, and can't wait to take a tackle at this, with foam no less. Thanks for all of your hard work!!

-Matt

*flatline*_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

*flatline*_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great, now I have to get the defibrillator. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock* Damn it! I'm going to try it again. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock*.

He's...gone...

-Pony

Great, now I have to get the defibrillator. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock* Damn it! I'm going to try it again. 3..2..1 CLEAR! *Shock*.

He's...gone...

-Pony
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

L3X, that thing is freakin amazing!!!! I did notice one little detail that might have been overlooked, but that is still freakin amazing!!!!!

when i looked at it, after downloading, in the viewer, i have to say. THANK YOU! That is a great chest piece and even better since i need to make a new one since my last Mark V chest was too large

This thing is epic! Thank you so much for putting in the time to make such a uber acurate piece. I will def be doing this one to replace the one I already made. You rock! Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back