Blackula and Hypers ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang.......Love how the helm cast worked out.

Thanks Thorn, but that pic of the helmet is not the actual cast, thats the original, Tony is molding the helmet Monday and will probably pull the first cast on Tuesday, I need to get the visor buck for Vac forming sent to Tony so he can make the visor to go with the helmet, I plan to have one of these finished and painted up soon

My Bust.....I guess I finely got ahead of you two.(in the only way I could ;)) This is what happens when you double the Talent on a EPIC build.

Still looks awesome:D

My Bust.....I guess I finely got ahead of you two.(in the only way I could ;)) This is what happens when you double the Talent on a EPIC build.

Still looks awesome:D

LOL no problem Thorn, the way I paint my helmets while still in primer, they tend to look a bit like a cast, I saw pics of the molding process and from the looks of it Blackula is about done with the molding and should be pulling a test cast hopefully this evening also from the looks of it he is also molding some of the armor parts, hopefully he will update the thread with the current progress

Updater!!!

Okay 405, I worked around the clock yesterday and Hyper's fantastic ODST helmet went from this:

2e788824.jpg

To this:

b3a54593.jpg

The 12 to 14hr mold making marathon bonanza went a little like this:

Got the necessary supplies ready:

89279390.jpg

Print Layer:

ea338001.jpg

Reinforce the parting area in the back:

7725d4e8.jpg

Slap keys on it:

6c103fd1.jpg

Finish silicone:

6d1396d3.jpg

Make Jacket:
1c64ab2e.jpg

Ding! Its done:
81924d09.jpg

Run first test cast and see results:
b3a54593.jpg

7a211dae.jpg

8369083d.jpg

00a71d9e.jpg

609385fb.jpg

Well, what do you think guys? Hopefully hyper can manage to get me a visor forming buck and we can start making some official looking ODST helmets.
Keep building 405!
Tony

Man, you got it done! The first pull looks like it came out great Tony. Nice work brotha.:)

Nice job on the molding cast looks great, I should have the visor buck to you in a few days, I definatly want to paint one of these ODST's up

P.S. I noticed you didn't use your male stripper Deck of cards this time.............LOL

It appears you are far removed from the molding-province of noob-country.

Is that plasti-paste you've used to create the mother-mold? I used fiberglass when my brother and I molded his JFO helmet and I found it to be a pain (time-consuming and tedious). Do you find it easier/faster to use the plasti-paste (or whatever it is you've used here)?

Tony, you're getting really good at this molding business! Excellent work. Of course, great job to Hypers on the base helmet. Looking forward to more progress from you guys, this is an awesome project. :cool

Wow! That looks perfect. I foresee the Elite section here.

Thanks Justinian, Maybe…lol. We moving along though, hoping to complete some items this Friday and mold Monday (I have the day off)

Man, you got it done! The first pull looks like it came out great Tony. Nice work brotha.:)

Thanks buddy! I’m a trying you giganormously tall individual you…lol. That’s right 405, it’s a little known fact that Shore is 6’11” ish.

Nice job on the molding cast looks great, I should have the visor buck to you in a few days, I definatly want to paint one of these ODST's up

P.S. I noticed you didn't use your male stripper Deck of cards this time.............LOL
Yeah buddy, you should be receiving your cast either today or tomorrow. Also, I was looking for that deck of cards, but I don’t think you have returned them yet. Heres a pic of the cast I made for myself. I took the liberty of dusting the mold with nickel (Gives it a steel look, thanks Propcustoms for the tip).
1c7c3db7.jpg
Boom!
I didn’t do this to yours because I was lazy, well, I did just finish up a 14hr molding session and you need a cast back asap…lol

woah!!! awesome!
Thanks my man, we’re trying
It appears you are far removed from the molding-province of noob-country.

Is that plasti-paste you've used to create the mother-mold? I used fiberglass when my brother and I molded his JFO helmet and I found it to be a pain (time-consuming and tedious). Do you find it easier/faster to use the plasti-paste (or whatever it is you've used here)?
Thanks for the compliment Satchmo. I appreciate the kind words. I will have to say though, I still consider myself a noob…lol. I did however learn some new tricks from this experience. Also, you are correct my friend, I used PlastiPaste (Original formulation). I’used Plasti Paste II on a previous mold.
SO, let me share what I’ve learned. I love it better than the fiberglass, so much so, that I will not return to that method unless it is my only way due to finances or something. My reason is the ease of use. Also, if your strickly using it for a support shell/mother mold/ jacket, then I would suggest just going with the original plasti-paste formulation due to price. Its about$20 to $30 cheaper on the gallon kit and honestly for use as a mother mold, it does just as good a job.

Also, your Elite build is looking pretty darn Shmexamazing (New word invented to describe your build) my man! Keep it up!

Tony, you're getting really good at this molding business! Excellent work. Of course, great job to Hypers on the base helmet. Looking forward to more progress from you guys, this is an awesome project. :cool

Thanks Vincent, we’re getting there. As I stated above to Justinian, you can most likely expect some updates on the actual armor parts soon. I want to finish up some minor things, mold on Monday of next week before I start getting busy with work (End of quarter is nutty for an accountant).
Thanks again everyone for the wonderful comments, I appreciate it.
-Tony

Small update, I finally have the visor buck made for vacu forming the visor, this was the last piece I needed to finish to complete the helmet, I wanted the helmet to look as game accurate as I could, so making a proper shaped visor was required, I made this visor buck to form visors for the specific model that I built, they may also fit other ODST helmets modeled by others, I believe Blackula plans to redo a buck of this visor to make it fit any odst helmet so if you need one you may want to hit him up, anyways heres pics of the completed buck, once Blackula recieves it he will have to level it off on the vac table, I did not do this part as I do not know where he plans to place the buck or what angle he needs

DSC05076.jpg

DSC05075.jpg

Awesome job Hyper! Now send it...lol.

Okay, little update:

I've completed the chest plate and shoulders. Now I'm getting them ready for molding. Hopefully next update, I can have some castings to show.

Here you go:

03da85e3.jpg

162aa7a2.jpg

c5fe8c7d.jpg

a5a16052.jpg

Well, let me know. Keep building 405!

Tony

Everything looks wonderful, but the visor buck turned out great!! Keep up the good work guys!!

-Matt

Wow "BLACKULA727" the molding of your ODST pieces looks really well done. Also from what i can see frome the photos of some of your first cast pulls they look really clean without any air bubbles or warping. Amazing job on the build so far, I can't wait to see the finished armor sets. Furthermore, waht kind of plastic are you going to use for the visors, PETG or something else?

Andrew:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back