BR for $1,025!? and other Bungie Day goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. I do personally believe that a prop made by Weta is itself most likely a masterpiece and worth much more than a self-made one. However, though these props were indeed screen-used, they were not used in a major motion film, which would not render them as valuable to me if they were.

On the contrary. What is also not as well known is that the live action shorts were also to show "how" a halo film would/could possibly look.

The one thing that I find unique about Halo advertisements in general, is that they don't really fall onto using actual game play, and have gone above and beyond what most other game makers do. They have done alot of live action shorts, not to mention that apartment sized diorama used for the "Believe" campaign. I'd still kill to own one of these pieces, especially the Brute Spiker they auctioned off from one of the shorts

Yeah it may not be a major motion picture but it is still something from a major prop house, as well as being a project by Blomkamp who at the time was unknown but really took off after D9. As tubachris mentioned this was supposed to be a precursor to the Jackson/Blomkamp/Weta Halo project.
If this thing came along when I had this year's tax return I would have given some serious thought into getting it at any cost...

And don't forget for anyone who's thinking about getting a shirt, it's only available for 2 weeks! I'll be ordering one this weekend I think.

Yeah it may not be a major motion picture but it is still something from a major prop house, as well as being a project by Blomkamp who at the time was unknown but really took off after D9. As tubachris mentioned this was supposed to be a precursor to the Jackson/Blomkamp/Weta Halo project.
If this thing came along when I had this year's tax return I would have given some serious thought into getting it at any cost...

And don't forget for anyone who's thinking about getting a shirt, it's only available for 2 weeks! I'll be ordering one this weekend I think.

I think I'm going to run around with my grav hammer busting skulls if I don't get one of the swag bags.

I was prepared for the swag bag restock today and promptly spent the time from 9 to 10 refreshing both the amazon and bnet pages every few minutes. This continued until just a few moments ago when I realized that bungie would be updating the store at 10:00 am PST not my eastern time XP. Looks like I'll be waiting a few hours.

Bungie just posted this to FB couple minutes ago:
Bags O' Swag, new Bungie Store items, and updated eBay Auction items are about to drop. Bags are gonna go fast, get your F5 fingers ready!

It now says limited run of 777, I dunno if that's 777 more or only 277 more than the previously listed 500...

Wow, the Weta BR is up to 4,550!

Edit:
Lol, bungiestore got broken:
bungietweets said:
Whoa. Pretty sure you just unintentionally DDOS'd Amazon's servers F5ing for Swag Bags. #overkill

Is the swag bag all sold out again? I went to the store and noticed thatit was still out of stock. Don't know if it got replenished again or not. :(

Is the swag bag all sold out again? I went to the store and noticed thatit was still out of stock. Don't know if it got replenished again or not. :(

Looks like it. Since everyone knew almost exactly when they'd go back on sale, I'm sure they went even faster than last time. :eek

I've been outside doing yard work all day, so I missed the Bag 'o Swag redux. That's OK though, because the more I thought about it, the more I wasn't sure I'd want one anymore. I'm all for Bungie, but I'm not so obsessed with them anymore to want their "leftovers". I buy their games and make custom armor from them, that's enough for me! :)

However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what other people got in theirs!

Wow, the Weta BR is up to 4,550!

Also, Ruze, if you don't mind me asking, I'm curious to know how expensive the BR prop would need to get before you would think it's too much?

I REALLY wanted that Halo stuff. :( It would have been a perfect addition to my collection. Anything that was NOT Halo related, I would have most likely sold it off since I wouldn't find a use for it. It sucks because the description says that it would be available for 2 weeks! It's only been one week. :\

Looks like it. Since everyone knew almost exactly when they'd go back on sale, I'm sure they went even faster than last time. :eek

I've been outside doing yard work all day, so I missed the Bag 'o Swag redux. That's OK though, because the more I thought about it, the more I wasn't sure I'd want one anymore. I'm all for Bungie, but I'm not so obsessed with them anymore to want their "leftovers". I buy their games and make custom armor from them, that's enough for me! :)

However, I'm still looking forward to seeing what other people got in theirs!

Also, Ruze, if you don't mind me asking, I'm curious to know how expensive the BR prop would need to get before you would think it's too much?

All the people F-ing crashed Bungie's Amazon store as of right now the bag-o-swag has not gone up for sale

Ya know, I started thinking more about this and since you really seem to not know what you are going to get, I would be afraid to get one and not get a whole bunch of Halo stuff in it. :\ It would be cool if the swag bags all came with the same thing and you knew before hand what you would be getting, but I would not care for any non Halo related items. So maybe I will pass and hope that I get lucky and maybe find it on ebay for cheap. :p

It was In Stock, I was typing in a post on here and it was gone. I had one in my cart on bungiestore but by the time I got to the Amazon store form it said it was out of stock. Good luck to anyone else who was trying to get one.

I feel like Bungie dropped the ball on this. I saw that, the "Bag of Swag" at Gorilla Scren Press or whatever, but was afraid it wasn't legit, and didn't see anything on Bungie's Twitter or facebook page, so I didn't order. I then looked on B.Net's forums and saw someone claim it was legit, but didn't see an official post to that effect, and afraid of phishing/scam didn't buy one. Then I saw the second bag of swag on the actual BungieStore, by clicking on just "20th Anniversary" not any of the previous front page links, but, by then, it was sold out.

Just even a tweet, saying "Hey we had to move it to a new page to not crash Amazon" would have been enough. Oh, well.

Hey guys just want to let everyone know the Amazon store front is back up and you are able to purchase the "Bag of Swag" again! My order just went through :) I'll post back again when it arrives and let you know what I got!

After trying all morning to get a bag, they were sold out in what seems like seconds once they were restocked. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back