braytaks epic noob noble 6 build..w.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
heya braytak, I suggest to use some plasticine to fix everything. this you then just may resin again 2-3 times and after that you can go ahead with putty :)
Good luck on that but anyway: your helm looks really good!

Looking good so far braytak. I would say that this simplest fix would be bondo. It would take some time to layer it up, but it will work. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing the finished helmet. :)

Looking good so far braytak. I would say that this simplest fix would be bondo. It would take some time to layer it up, but it will work. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing the finished helmet. :)

How hard is Bondo to sand by hand? Similar to joint compound?

How bad does Bondo smell? I am at work and I am going to have some time to start bondoing , does it smell as bad as resin ? Smell more or worse? I work in a school so I don't want it to be a noticeable smell

The smell of bondo would generally fade after about a day. The biggest problem is the fumes are toxic so if you inhale them you can do some damage. But the residual smell should go inside a window of a 7 or 8 hours.

Great work!! Helm turned out fantastic. A quick note on the chest peace, the chest is designed to be cut apart after hardening. It's suppose to fit around your neck and not slide over your head so if you measured from shoulder to shoulder you have the right measurement. Once it's built and hardened you have to separate the chest from the backpack in order to wear it.

Great work!! Helm turned out fantastic. A quick note on the chest peace, the chest is designed to be cut apart after hardening. It's suppose to fit around your neck and not slide over your head so if you measured from shoulder to shoulder you have the right measurement. Once it's built and hardened you have to separate the chest from the backpack in order to wear it.

O man I didn't think about that I am so dumb I hope it's not to big now , also I am guessing the chest comes with support pieces do I have to add them? I am going to post pics of what I got with the chest so far , I am to far along to stop now if it's to big I will see if someone one here needs a chest in the classified section

Here my chest so far , not sure if it's to big yet what do you guys think

34f334a9.jpg

34f334a9.jpg

Man thats looking good. I see your taking your time with your filler work, Your suit will look Very good in the end. I look foreward to seeing it

Man thats looking good. I see your taking your time with your filler work, Your suit will look Very good in the end. I look foreward to seeing it

Hey thanks, yea I am trying to go slow sneaking in a few min here and there at work, I seen your helmet it looks awesome I notice you Bondo the whole think I was thinking of doing the same

some bondo action.. it bit of a rough start with alot of sanding ahead of me , but i never really use bondo before, this stuff start drying on me quick so rather the waste it i kinda rushed it alittle bit but i am not worried, only thing i am worried about is if my chest is to big

647da766.jpg

647da766.jpg

Your helmet and chest are coming along nicely braytak. Use a little less hardener next time, it'll slow the hardening process for ya. I am currently applying body filler to an Iron Man helmet I made for my little nephew. I have found that bondoing in sections works best for me. It can overwhelm you if quick if you aren't careful. Just take your time, I'm sure it'll turn out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back