Carpathia's Carter Build (picture heavy!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the new sheath. Other one was a little too big and simple for me.

I agree. I made the old one simple as a place holder while I figured if the knife file would work out. To my amazment, it did. And I mentioned that I would redo the sheath if I had time, which it's looking like I do, for now.

New toy coming soon...

KnifeandSheath.jpg

Same knife, different sheath.

thats sheath looks amazing but how will it work with mudglass(rondo) should i use the aluminum around the knifes blade so that it will create a perfect shape inside the sheath to harden the sheath and also make my knife fit? i kinda answered my own question there lol, still looks awesome and great job dude

thats sheath looks amazing but how will it work with mudglass(rondo) should i use the aluminum around the knifes blade so that it will create a perfect shape inside the sheath to harden the sheath and also make my knife fit? i kinda answered my own question there lol, still looks awesome and great job dude

This pep has an interior as well. It's not visible in this pic, but there is an inside piece that is just a bit larger than the blade of the knife. If you assemble the outer portion first, then the interior separatly and harden both, they can be later assembled and cleaned up. I will have detailed photos when I build mine in a few days.

Edit: On a funny/personal/parental note, my 2 year old daughter can tell the difference between a spartan and an ODST!! She's awesome!

no she will be going under training to become a Spartan at the age of 4 and she will lead on the legacy of kelly

lol would be cool if someone could make an armor that small

no she will be going under training to become a Spartan at the age of 4 and she will lead on the legacy of kelly

lol would be cool if someone could make an armor that small

challenge accepted starting when i wake up 3 foot spartan otw lol or atleast ima try

I like the new sheath design carpathiavh99, can't wait to see how it comes out.

That's awesome news about your daughter! You need a harness similar to an ODST backpack to attach to your armour, then you can have her in there with an SMG watching your six.;)

Haha next she'll be asking if she can haz recon.

Hey quick question Carp, which I think I already know the answer but I just wanna clarify. I'm assuming the knife is already scaled correct? I could just pep it right now?

Haha next she'll be asking if she can haz recon.

Hey quick question Carp, which I think I already know the answer but I just wanna clarify. I'm assuming the knife is already scaled correct? I could just pep it right now?

It should be the right size as it is, but if you want to wait a few days until I get a chance to pep this, the knife will be included in the file with the sheath, then it will fit for sure. I've already build and nearly finished my knife, so I will not be rebuilding it, so I tried to make sure that if you've already built the knife or plan on it, you will not have to build a new one for the sheath. In other words, without modifying the current knife file or the upcoming knife/sheath file, you should be fine.

It should be the right size as it is, but if you want to wait a few days until I get a chance to pep this, the knife will be included in the file with the sheath, then it will fit for sure. I've already build and nearly finished my knife, so I will not be rebuilding it, so I tried to make sure that if you've already built the knife or plan on it, you will not have to build a new one for the sheath. In other words, without modifying the current knife file or the upcoming knife/sheath file, you should be fine.

Ok cool, thanks Carp. Any idea on when the sheath will be available?

Well that couldn't be any better timing. Im leaving tomorrow for the weekend, I'm being a security gaurd at a festival, which means I have to stay up Friday and Saturday nights and walk around. I'll be back Sunday morning, so if you release it Sunday night I should be back from my gf's house just in time.

Ok, I know I said that I'd be posting this on Sunday, but I finished unfolding it last night since I had some time. So, here is the knife with the updated sheath...

http://www.4shared.com/file/DeYuq93o/knife_and_Sheath.html

I've been working on building this today, and it's going pretty smoothly. The knife I had already build fits into the inner portion of the sheath nicely. The knife in this file is EXACTLY the same size as my previous knife file, so if you've already built the knife (and didn't modify it) then it will fit into this sheath. I'll have some progress pictures up soon.

As far as my armor is concerned, I'm still working on it, but it's going slowly with my resources split up (some at home and some in my dorm) and since I can't resin/bondo/sand/paint in my dorm room, I'm restricted to only working on the armor during the weekends until I have everything painted and all I have to do is the padding and strapping (which I can do in my dorm). I only hope that I have enough time to finish before launch. Even if not, though, I'll still finish.

I'm hoping within a few weeks. I'm thinking (since the launch date is so close) of just painting and finishing the parts I've got as they are now. They won't be the smoothest looking parts, but it will be something to wear to launch, and I will slowly replace the parts as I get time (taking much more time with each piece rather than trying to build the entire suit at once). The good news is, as you can see from my avatar pic, I only have to paint the thighs, torso, forearms and belt. Then it's on to padding and the dreaded undersuit. I've got a few ideas, but I'll have to wait to see if they pan out. I really want to finish this suit, even if it's not the prettiest thing, I've never finished one and that would be an accomplishment.

Hey carpathian just wanted to say, I started building a reach AR over the weekend and I used your reinforcing method. I've only built the back section so far (from the trigger back) but it works beautifully. Gives a lot more control and makes the pep look a lot smoother and nicer. Really simple to figure out too. So thanks for showing how to do it, its really helpful.

yeah, can't wait to see how your build turns out
wish you luck in the last few weeks til release, we're all gonna need it

best of luck

CJ

You've done some great work here, and I must say, you've definitely inspired me with the quality of your armor and the resolve you've applied throughout the project. Although, regretfully, I probably won't have my suit ready for Reach's launch, I wish you luck in getting yours done on time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back