**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks awesome Carpathia! The paint job and the undersuit details really top it off. Excellent work! :D

Just out of curiosity. . . . what's the wattage on those LEDs? They look like they are tons brighter than my son's in direct light. I know you got them from a Christmas light strand, but they sure are bright. . . . LOL!

They are pretty bright. I couldn't tell you with 100% certainty what wattage they are, but I calculated the circuit assuming 3.5 for the forward voltage and 20 mA for the forward current and varying power supplies ranging from 6, 9 and 12 volts depending on what was needed.

...have you considered a Dual Layered Chief visor? It'd really top of your costume...

Yes, I have considered it, and it will happen eventually. As soon as I can afford a second visor, it will happen. Money's just a little tight at the moment.

To everyone else, thank you again for the praise.

I got out to the video shoot today and had a blast. I got there early enough to see the entire shoot happen (they had originally planned on me showing up later after some of the other parts had been shot). So, since they were a man short, I helped out a little behind the camera by operating the air cannon for the grenade blasts and the contraption they had for the blood spurt. Since I was helping out most of the time, and since everyone pretty well had a job, there was really no one to take any pictures with my camera. However, there were a few guys running around between shots, snapping pictures (most of them after I had put on the suit) and the director will be sending a lot of them my way later on this week.

The suit held up pretty well. The only damage was two of the buckles on the boots broke loose (half way expected) and part of the scope on the rifle that was only secured with a bit of hotglue broke free (not expected but not surprising). The scope wasn't a huge deal since it's just the prototype and will be replaced after launch, but it's already on the mend, as are the boots. I'm considering looking into another method for the boots and, if successful, retiring the ones I have now since they've always been the weakest part of the suit. They'll most likely become the boots for the base of the display when I get my duct tape dummy built.

So, tomorrow night is the launch party at Game Stop that I'll be suiting up for. I have some cards to hand out to anyone who takes a picture of me so they can email me the pictures. Any I get will be posted here as well.

So, stay tuned. Much more to come.

The whole kit together with the new BR is just awesome. I love all the detail work you did.

Got the go ahead to share some of the pictures the director of the video shoot sent me. So, here goes...

Here's me standing next to most of the insurrectionists (there's one UNSC militiaman in there). Hmm, they have no idea what's in store for them...
IMG_7341.jpg

A few shots during filming...
IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

The cast and crew...
IMG_7396.jpg

And I thought this one was pretty epic. This is from the perspective of one of the characters...
IMG_7354.jpg

I've got a few more, but these were the ones that I uploaded to photobucket right away because they were my favorites. I'll share a bit more later on.

Those photos look awesome, looks/sounds like it'll be awesome to see too. Excellent call for people taking photos so you can get them too!

Thanks!

One thing that I really liked is that the lights on the armor aren't overpowering outside. You can still see them and know that they're lit up, but they're more subtle, like in the game.

Thanks!

One thing that I really liked is that the lights on the armor aren't overpowering outside. You can still see them and know that they're lit up, but they're more subtle, like in the game.

That's awesome. How about in the dark? This is a big concern of mine on the Splaser. I have to figure out a day and night setting for my LED so the lights don't make the Splaser (and me) into a bullet magnet. Can't be stopped if I'm insistent on keeping the lighting, but I know I can mitigate it, I'm just not sure of the circuit.

Redshirt

That's awesome. How about in the dark?

Ha! Yeah, in the dark, I'm a big beacon of blue. I don't mind though, I think it at least looks cool.

I got to the midnight release last night! The turnout was a little less than I had expected, but there were still plenty of people who loved the suit. Bane even showed up and we had it out (pics of that as soon as the guy sends them to me). Here are the pictures that I've gotten back so far...

304481_4922093612742_2058764561_n.jpg

548947_4922093892749_358157990_n.jpg

32384_4922094212757_1922605157_n.jpg

184960_4922094772771_619539660_n.jpg

644090_4922095052778_132548800_n.jpg

I was on "guard duty" for most of the night since I was restricted to the store (a condition of being able to carry the gun around). One of my goals was to see how many people I could convince that I was a statue, then get a reaction when I moved. I managed to get a few, but got a great reaction from one person.

I also overheard a lot of conversations while I was standing around. The best one was between the store manager and a girl...

Girl: So, does that guy work here then?
Manager: No, that's one of our regulars, he made that himself.
Girl: NAH UH! You've got to be kidding me.
Manager: No, not kidding. He volunteered to bring it in and hang out for the night.
Girl: That's insane!

Overall, it was a great night. Unfortunately, I have yet to play the game (that will be hit hard tonight), but I was exhausted after a day of shooting Sunday, then work and the midnight release yesterday.

Anyway, I'll have more pics up as they come to me. So, stay tuned.

Got another one! This was before I was given the go ahead to carry the rifle around. The girl pictured here didn't believe that I actually built the suit at first.

IMAG0141.jpg

Nice clear picture too. More as they come.

Got another one! This was before I was given the go ahead to carry the rifle around. The girl pictured here didn't believe that I actually built the suit at first.

IMAG0141.jpg

Nice clear picture too. More as they come.

Let's face it, the world loves masterchief :D

Have you found the pics of you and Bane yet? I want to see those ever since you told me of them.

-Seth

Have you found the pics of you and Bane yet? I want to see those ever since you told me of them.

-Seth

I have not heard back from the guy dressed as bane. I handed out 19 of those cards and only gotten replies from 6 so far, so it's possible that that's it. Bit of a bummer, but what am I to do.

On another topic, the film is still being worked on. The director hopes to finish it up and post it sometime during Christmas break. So, keep an eye out here for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back