carter helmet build/ marine helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its certainly a beautiful place to live, perfect setting to work in, I have a workshop in the hills that I live in, so I can work basically whenever I want... I'm trying to set up a group of guys with things I've made/making to go through melbourne in an advertising stunt.
and as a side note... anyone who is familiar with airbrushing, what colour is the masterchiefs armour colour scheme and how do I mix that colour with my airbrush paints?

And here is what I plan to make :D after the mark VI of course.
Forerunner.jpg
[/IMG]

What is this a picture of? It looks pretty badass. BTW, Great job on everything so far!

I think it was google image that I found it on... I was actually commissioned to build a small scale Forerunner keyship, in searching for the pics I accidentally came across this :D shame I don't have any pics of the keyship on this laptop though :p was also considering making 343 guilty spark....

I think it was google image that I found it on... I was actually commissioned to build a small scale Forerunner keyship, in searching for the pics I accidentally came across this :D shame I don't have any pics of the keyship on this laptop though :p was also considering making 343 guilty spark....

Well, where ever you found it, you need to build it. It's straight up Badassery. Looks like the ish is about to go down, when I see the pic.

two and a half hours of work just to get the left breast plate correctly measured and cut, and still got to do up to the shoulder and the side of the breast plate... then the other side to go.. phew a lot of work :p
anyways.. what do you think?
chest010.jpg
[/IMG]
chest014.jpg
[/IMG]
chest012.jpg

chest015.jpg

Your helmet is looking incredible! And considering that I have no idea how to work with clay, I'm really impressed with your work so far. Keep up the great work, looking forward to more progress on the chest!

Thanks man, I'm currently in the process of attempting motivation :p random question... what do the stars mean that are on a thread?

Thanks man, I'm currently in the process of attempting motivation :p random question... what do the stars mean that are on a thread?

No problem. The stars are the rating for this thread. People can rate your thread based on how good they think it is; look above the first post of a thread for the rating options. Hope this helps. :)

hahaha well now I know :p ok tonight I'll finish off the left shoulder and start work on the right breast plate then tomorrow at about the same time I should have some good progress pics.... none of it will be completely smooth or detailed until I've got the basic shape of the entire thing done, and at the end of the week my new bust should be showing up (hope) all my other ones are being used by one thing or another... so I can start on didacts helmet! :D

just a tiny update, internet is being a mega A hole right now so I could only upload two pics... but all I managed to get done today was the right breast plate, but on the other hand its identical to the left one :D how fun it is to spend hours on end doing this :p
chest017.jpg

chest018.jpg

Thinking of taking a day off from all clay work tomorrow...

ok... I randomly decided that I hated the masterchief helmet and I sort of tore it apart :p so when I've finished the Mark VI chest piece, Didacts helmet, Forerunner soldiers helmet and suit I will get around to redoing it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back