CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Time Update!!

Tomorrow is an exciting day for me!!!
It is the day that I will finally be ordering my Mold/Cast materials :)
Happy and nervous at the same time!
Will keep you all posted

Dave/Cereal

Last edited by a moderator:
Your neck seal update is totally ridiculous. I never cease to be astonished by the craziness you create with your bondo skills! Amazing as always :)

Ooooooo! Casting soon :)
Looking forward to it Dave.

Lol, me too Tom! ;)

Your neck seal update is totally ridiculous. I never cease to be astonished by the craziness you create with your bondo skills! Amazing as always :)

Thanks Lil!
Ridiculous is my middle name! :p

cant wait! watcha molding first?

I'll be molding/casting the helmet first! (very excited)
Then as pieces are completed, I will mold/cast them piece by piece.

Dave.

Everything is coming along so well dave :)
Yay for casting stuff! Good luck with that buddy

oh dang my patience has started to pay off! cant wait!

Lol, Thanks!
Will be getting going on it soon enough ;)

Everything is coming along so well dave :)
Yay for casting stuff! Good luck with that buddy

Thanks man!
Am a bit nervous about casting, but I've done my reading and gathered my info! That and with the input I've gotten from Blackula and Brandon, I'm quite confident everything will turn out fine!

Dave.

Happy Time Update!!

Tomorrow is an exciting day for me!!!
It is the day that I will finally be ordering my Mold/Cast materials :)
Happy and nervous at the same time!
Will keep you all posted

Dave/Cereal

You mean there's going to be more than one perfect suit running around;)
Thank GOD, I went with the Noble6 then;)
You're mold's will be just as great, Dave/Cereal. No doubt about that in my mind.:D Till you're next post.

UPDATE!!!

Alright, here we go again!

After looking and looking.... and looking....
Something wasn't right! And here's my problem:

When you look at the center of the back, it doesn't look right!!! The boarder isn't the right size (when compared to H3 game footage) so after some scratching my head and sighing... I've decided to change it and make it right! So I taped off the new dimensions and went to work.

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Sanding, sanding and sanding...

DSC_0142.jpg

Then some glazing, as usual...

DSC_0149.jpg

Which bring us to my next issue... The lower center back, once again... I keep coming back to it, not being happy with it. So after some debate (due to the work involved) I finally decided to go for it!

First, I took all my measurements and drew in the rough design:

DSC_0150.jpg

Then went to town with some sculpting expxy.

DSC_0167.jpg

24 hours later it was nice and cured, sanding and sanding... and shaping and sanding... (sigh) ...

DSC_0183-1.jpg

I then glazed it, while waiting for the glaze to cure I did all the finishing touches on the top center of the back. Then I completed the left side boarder for the lower center back. Then sanded down the center detail.

DSC_0189.jpg

Once everything was nice and dry, I hit the center and right side with a coat of primer (have been dying to do this!)

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

Im quite happy with the changes! And could not be happier with how it came out!

This side is now considered to be "Rough Finished" which means that it will sit like this until the other side is done. Once the other side catches up to this, I will go over the whole piece and do all of the fine detail work and clean up all of the imperfections and inconsistencies.

So for now... Done and done!
Next, will be the left side of the back which will have the key points covered in the upcoming video installment!

Well, that's about it for now!
As usual, questions/comments/critiques.... always welcome!

Dave/Cereal.

That is starting to shape up sexy Dave.
Masterfull work as usual.

Tom.

It's amazing how a quick coat of primer makes of all your hard work just POP!! I know I'm not alone when I say thanks for sharing your hard work and methods with all of us. This continues to amaze....keep up the great work sir!!

-Matt

Damn it Dave! Why do you do such amazing work? The back looks SO GOOD! This Mk VI puts all others to shame. (no offense to all others lol)
I'm very eager to see the arms and legs and cod and boots turn out just as good. Keep it up Dave!

As always, awesome update! Those lower center details are a very nice touch. Having smaller areas with fine detail like that really compliments the bigger, smooth expanses. I'm sure whoever did the armor design for the Mk VI would totally dork out if they saw this. Love it!

As usual youve exceeded all of our expectations and youve raised the bar. This is definately shaping up to be a higher quality then even the fabled adam or bluerealm suits. Definately jaw dropping. I wish i could see this in person.

Slightly off topic, one shot shows your toolbox setup and i thought that that alone was an impressive feet. Cannot wait for the next update, makes me want to get off the train, run the three kilometers home and finish my helmet. Kudos for inspiring us all to reach for a new level

As usual youve exceeded all of our expectations and youve raised the bar. This is definately shaping up to be a higher quality then even the fabled adam or bluerealm suits. Definately jaw dropping. I wish i could see this in person.

Slightly off topic, one shot shows your toolbox setup and i thought that that alone was an impressive feet. Cannot wait for the next update, makes me want to get off the train, run the three kilometers home and finish my helmet. Kudos for inspiring us all to reach for a new level

Oh my god man! That is truly amazing! I hope I'll be able to see the suit in the end in person eventually!

This is all looking rediculously amazing! I can only hope to end up with something half as epic as this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back