Complete Noob List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude well done, now all i need is the time to do it...lol

Also the rough cost for Australians will be in the 600-700 range depending on where you buy some of the stuf. For example the bondo can be bought from any hardware store (Mitre 10, Bunnings you get it) some of the stuf is going to be harder to find, for example the fiberglass fabric. Is there anyone out there who can help me locate some of this?

halofreakgeek said:
Dude well done, now all i need is the time to do it...lol

Also the rough cost for Australians will be in the 600-700 range depending on where you buy some of the stuf. For example the bondo can be bought from any hardware store (Mitre 10, Bunnings you get it) some of the stuf is going to be harder to find, for example the fiberglass fabric. Is there anyone out there who can help me locate some of this?

hey im also in australia making the mark vi, and i found most of the materials either at bunnings or an auto shop. but fiberglass cloth and mat is sold at bunnings,as thats where i get mine, hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering I don't own a gas mask, I think I'll go with AquaResin instead so I don't kill myself. Assuming of course that I can find that stuff.

RoxyRoo said:
Considering I don't own a gas mask, I think I'll go with AquaResin instead so I don't kill myself. Assuming of course that I can find that stuff.

its available online if you can bare to wait.

Well, I'm on this thread, and I'm a noob as you would say. However, thanks for posting this up, because I did not realize all the tools/supplies that were involved in making a suit. Very helpful indeed. Thanks again!

Definitely a lot more things than you would think, now I need to start working to support this as my new addiction.

Ithica said:
Some people may cheat like me (explain later) or you may want to do everything from scratch. If you do here is complete list of what you will need by name and location. Ebay is a place where you can get ANYTHING. I am sure you can find better prices but this is based on needs and not cost effeciency. There are little odds and ends like tape, scissors, pens and knives that you will need but you may have that around the house already so I did not post items like that. Unless a direct link is given then it I searched for it on Ebay. I am posting the exact titles as they were found. Links are usless because auctions and sales end. Be advised you will need variations of some items such as resin and etc. When you look at the prices also look at the quantity of the item. Some things I went with the better deal, obviously you don't need 2 sets of eyeware and so on. If you need further guidance please veiw the well written tutorials on specific areas. This is propbably the starting point to learn as a noob (which I am). The Official 405th Q & A Team. Download Pepakura, learn it, love it. Then you can download the pdo files and always watch other Members.

First off let's start with SAFETY:

Unti-Dust Spray Industrial Chemical Gas Respirator Mask: (So you can breathe when your old)

Price: $10.49

5x4w0i.jpg

RUBBER GLOVES/ INDUSTRIAL USE: (Who wants skin cancer)

Price: $2.50

You know what they look like...lol.

2 PAIR CLEAR WOOD WORKING SAFTEY GLASSES NEW: (You may need your eyes to finish the project)

Price: $9.60

You know what they look like...lol.

Be sure to wear you long sleeve shirt and pants as well.

Software:

Pepakura - Free The Official 405th Q & A Team (Needed to view and print pdo files)

pdo file - Free The Official 405th Q & A Team (The project itself begins here)

WAUSAU INDEX CARD STOCK 110LB WHITE PAPER 250 SHEETS: (What did you think you started with)

Price: $10.00

Looks like normal paper just thicker.

DREMEL MULTIPRO MODEL 395 WITH CASE AND ACCESSORIES: (For cutting and sanding Bondo)

Price: $20.00 - $40.00

351z9xz.gif

200 1/2"-1/4" SANDING BANDS WORK W/DREMEL ACCESSORIES: (For the Dremel)

The brown one all the way to the right in the image above.

Mini hot glue craft scrapbooking hobby gun: (For Pepp and to hold other stuff in place)

Price: $5.00 - $10.00

30vj68i.jpg

Hot melt glue gun adhesive sticks, 25ct 4" by 5/16": (For your glue gun)

Price: $5.00

In the image above.

Xacto #1 Knife with Safety Cap: (To cut out Pepp, scissors can be used to)

Price: $4.00

esutlx.jpg

Art Advantage/ Xacto #11 Blade for a #1 Knife 5 pack: (For your Xacto Knife)

Price: $2.00

In image above.

QUART BONDO AUTOMOTIVE BODY FILLER W/ HARDENER 262: (For detailing your Armor)

Price: $15.00

14wredu.jpg

FIBERGLASS RESIN by FIBERGLASS EVERCOAT - QT: (To harden your Pepp)

Price: $35.00

2nc4gg2.jpg

Plastic Cups: (Container for Resin)

Wal-mart of course for a couple bucks

Acetone: (Used to thin Resin and clean brushes)

Also at Wal-mart for under $10.00

2" White Bristle Chip Paintbrush: (Brushing on Resin and some paint)

1.43 oz 1080 38" Fiberglass Cloth 50 yd roll: (To add strength to your Pepp, Only use inside)

Price: $50.00

6hnuwh.jpg

Paints: (Duh)

Best bought at Wal-mart

100 PopSicle Sticks Craft Sticks Plain Wood Naut.Color: (Used to do Bondo and stir Resin)

You know.

Sandpaper: (Used to sand Bondo)

Best bought at Wal-mart

Under Armor and Clothing for Armor:

Tactical Full Finger PVC Rappel Combat Glove MEDIUM FS4: (Your gloves silly)

Price: $13.99

2napd9y.jpg

Crash Pads pants snowboard, motocycle armor padded: (You can use anything black depending on what you want to spend)

Price: $45.00

2zfs7lh.jpg

Sette Impact Protective Suit w/ Zip-Off Sleeves Item #93109: (You can use anything black depending on what you want to spend)

Pressure Suit

Price: $105.00

Image in site.

Black Leather Military Combat Boots - SZ 9 R: (You can use anything black depending on what you want to spend)

Price: $20.00

Military boots...

Balaclavas &Face Mask &Neck Gator &Hood 4IN1 COLD GEAR: (For under your Helmet)

Ninja hood.

Items used on Armor:

1" Plastic Buckles 10 for Webbing Strapping: (For Armor Straps)

Price: $8.00

33nje4m.jpg

1" Black Polypro Webbing Strapping 50 yards: (For Armor Straps)

11uz5g2.jpg

Load Bearing Suspenders Black LC-1 "H": (To support the weight of your belt)

Price: $12.00

24maoeb.jpg

Military - style SWAT Pistol Belt: (To hold your Groin pieces)

2rqzn6t.jpg

1" Aluminum Bookbinder Chicago Screws & Posts(100 sets): (To fasten the Groin pieces to the belt)

Price: $13.50

2556erm.jpg

1" Plastic purse Slides Tri-glide buckles 100 PH16A-BK: (To use with the Armor Straps)

2ivjwaw.jpg

HJC HJ-09 RST Replacement Shields X2: (Your Dual Layer Helmet Visor)

Visor

Price: $30.00 - $35.00

6og8zn.jpg

30' x 2" Generic velcro type Roll Comm. Adhesive Tape: (To use on Hand Plates and padding inside Helmet and Armor)

2mn16h1.jpg

GT Water Products SHORTY MASTER PLUNGER MPS4: (For rubber connector on boots)

Price: $5.00

260prtk.gif

Light Kits for Helmet and Suit: This pricing is based on bulk

100 pcs 5mm White LED 17000mcd & Free Resistor: (The lights)

Price: $8.99

Shipping: Free

Total: $8.99

200 X 5mm black plastic led clip Holder Display Panel: (Clips to fasten the LEDs and look pretty)

Price: $14.25

Total: $14.25

Lot50 9 Volt Snap on Battery Clip Connector Type T 6": (Your power source plug)

Price: $3.30

Shipping: $6.00

Total: $9.30

LOT 2 MINI TOGGLE DPDT ON-ON SWITCH 125 VAC 6 AMP 6A: (Toggle switch for power)

Price: $2.99

Shipping: $1.75

Total: $4.74

20 ft Test Probe Wire 20 gauge rated 1000volts RED: (Power Wire)

Price: $9.99

Total: $9.99

NEW 20 ft Test Probe Wire 20 gauge rated 1000 Volt BLK: (Ground Wire)

Price: $11.99

Total: $11.99

New Solder Kit 30 watt Soldering Iron wit Solder and Heatshrink: (For Soldering, this one included Solder and Heatshrink, you may need to buy it seperate)

Price: $3.99

Shipping: $5.63

Total: $9.62

100pcs 100 ohm metal film resistors 1/4w +/-1%: (Use to reduce the power going to the lights so they don't blow out)

Price: $1.30

Shipping: $3.75

Total: $5.05

If there is anything I forgot please PM and I will research it and add it.

Ithica

Your right about safety!!

[]

Love this list, I have a copy of it so I can get some of this stuff whilst in Denver in a week or so. Army Surplus, fabric stores and thrift stores here I come!! Thanks for posting it!

this guide was very helpful...already had most of this stuff already...but a few things i was lacking...thanks for putting it all in once place

:) lol... Oh I'm so glad I already have most of this junk from other resin-involving hobbies. Thank you for the list, I was wondering about some things... (especially the visors!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back