Countdown Back On B.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The explosion reminded me of the Covenant cruiser jump from New Mombasa in Halo 2. Perhaps this game is that story about the fight for Earth before the chief comes back. The timeline in between Halo 2 and Halo 3 perhaps. Sort of a nod to what Star Wars did with the Clone Wars.

Makes the most sense to me. Someone with book knowledge: Wasn't that graphic novel about that storyline? Also, doesn't the diorama depict some of the events from that timeline?

All good questions and very plausible to me at least. If it's not, oh well. We'll find out in due time. Just need to Believe.

Well. Thank you for the heads up Bungie! Blood pressure on the rise, lack of sleep, anticipation, you pick your ailment. Once again, quit with all the games. Just announce and tell us when it will be out. Leave the mind games to the psy ops and school kids. It does look really nice in the trailer. It'll be interesting to see what it eventually turns out to be.

keepitclean1mp6.th.jpg

Apparently this is Regrets ship.
Sorry about the image being so small.
Heres the link: http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keepitclean1mp6.jpg

23Magnum said:
The explosion reminded me of the Covenant cruiser jump from New Mombasa in Halo 2. Perhaps this game is that story about the fight for Earth before the chief comes back. The timeline in between Halo 2 and Halo 3 perhaps. Sort of a nod to what Star Wars did with the Clone Wars.

Makes the most sense to me. Someone with book knowledge: Wasn't that graphic novel about that storyline? Also, doesn't the diorama depict some of the events from that timeline?

All good questions and very plausible to me at least. If it's not, oh well. We'll find out in due time. Just need to Believe.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Play as an ODST?

There certainly were a lot of ODST references.... "Prepare to Drop" I reeeeeaaaaaally hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loess said:
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Play as an ODST?

There certainly were a lot of ODST references.... "Prepare to Drop" I reeeeeaaaaaally hope so.
that would be awesome, so f****ng awesome. i would paint my body pink for a day if that comes true. (hold me to that if it does)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. I wish I would've found this thread earlier. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the video. ODST! I cannot wait for this one. But yea, you can see 3 space elevators in the background.

Did anyone else notice the expression changes on the SI icon? Noticed a lot of 1/6/09s... It looks a lot like an ODST game, but they've gotta change something about the core to make it not seem like just an expansion.

Well, i've looked through a lot of speculation on it...and this is my analysis of it. (Most of it's just old news, but if you haven't really followed it, it's more than I knew when I first saw it :p)

1.png

The first camera shows the skyline of New Mombasa. The security camera says that the population is currently 0, meaning everyone has been evacuated(also shown by EVAC.COMPLETE). It's around 4:10. You can see the space elevator in the background, and the phantom that Finnish and a few others hinted at as well. Also, the SI's icon is in the top right, with 2 wide eyes.

2.png

Next would be the HEVs dropping in, presumably to help combat Covenant forces or clean up?

3.png

An On-Street camera of New Mombasa is shown, with numerous billboards saying '< evacuate >'. Street is empty, and is slightly war-torn. I haven't really read up on the events in between H2/H3, but did the Covenant actually set foot on New Mombasa? In the fine print near the bottom left, you can see "Your tax dollars at work" and some other things.

4.png

Next shot is a good shot of the space elevator and a couple of the skyscrapers. The SI's expression has changed to a somewhat annoyed look. "Threshold Trigger" is on the bottom(I honestly don't have any ideas what that means)

5.png

Then a shot with the numerous HEVs coming from the sky.

6.png

But, something stops them from getting to their location. A shockwave from Truth's ship entering slipspace(which uncovered some of the ark) blows most if not all of the HEVs off course from New Mombasa.)

7.png

You can see the scale of the explosion in this pic, and what effects the shockwave actually has in the next :

8.png

Words like "EMP(ElectroMagnetic Pulse) Trip Detect", "Activating Subroutine 'Vergil'", and "Warning! Data Leak on Level 9" flash, indicating an emergency.

9.png

This shows one of the HEVs being blown off course, and "Save Sys(tem) State" along with some of the disarray the cameras have been put in (time is reset, "ERR", "Link Fail")

10.png

The screen is shaken to black. After a few seconds, this array that most of you have seen before pops up. Phrases like, "Keep it Clean" "Where are you, Maddie?" "Please Remain Calm", and many others flash on, along with the SI's icon changing faces constantly.

11.png

This is sort of self-explanatory, just the basic runthrough checks of the city.

12.png

The aftermath of the explosion is devastating. The same scene is shown before, with the skyscrapers destroyed and the streets littered with debris.

13.png

I'm GUESSING another scan was done, and the population is STILL 0. I think this means that none of the HEVs got to land near New Mombasa, or were destroyed in the process.

14.png

The SI's icon is now turned to a sad expression, and a clearer shot shows one lone HEV in the distance. The Space Elevator is very weakened and looks very unstable.

15.png

A camera looking up towards the skyline shows the HEV, and it slams into the camera, shattering it. This is the player, maybe?

16.png

And the PREPARE TO DROP, after the Halo 3 logo. After this is mainly just Bungie/Microsoft logos along with the Xbox Live logo.

If the images are too big, I can link them.

question is, what happens to an ODST pod that goes through a warp just as it collapses? maybe some ODST have already made it to that planet at the end of halo 3

Doubt it. I think the end of Halo 3 was only to show that master
chief wasn't killed but instead went back to cryo state. (make sure
all the 5 year-olds don't cry too much. :p ) I think that Halo has been shelfed
forever by Bungie. . . but not by another company willing to take hold of their
baby and further the story. I think the ending is an ace in the hole for if later
on Halo comes back. . .

I really don't think Bungie will allow some other company to take hold of Halo, it's under Bungie's copyright. Besides, they have said on multiple occasions that "the ride isn't over". So there is really no solid argument for believing Halo has been shelved for good.

In Halo 2 the Chief used a HEV pod to land on Delta Halo. It could be another spartan in there instead of an ODST. But man I hope it's an ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back