First Build: Fallout 3 T45-D Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

Done a ton of smoothing, no detail work just yet, just smoothing. Took pics of it but they weren't that interesting, so here is the whole suit progress so far instead, which is 70% cooler.

DSC02531.jpg

DSC02532.jpg

Enjoy!

Wow, This is looking really great. The pep and glass phases look like they went smooth for you. I'm looking forward to seeing more. :D

Update:

Cod
DSC02542.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Edges are a bit messy but nothing bondo can't fix.

Resined stuff.
DSC02545.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

So, one shoulder left to pep, which will be done by the end of this weekend, also, I am 99% done with the thighs, just need to do some final sanding and spot putty, then paint.

Sorry for the double post, this update wasn't supposed to come until Sunday, but I got a boost and did what I had to do and got it done way early.

I am very proud to announce the the pepping is fully complete! No more pepping! YAY!
Since just pics of the pep parts are boring I set this up in like 5 minutes, enjoy!

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

How do you think I did with the proportions?

@Robotails: Thanks for the support and reference!

Update, been slaving over bondo for the past like 8 hours.

WIP thigh, done with major smoothing and detailing, just have to remove some lumps and spot putty it.
DSC02568.jpg

You may notice the upper part facing the inside is very messy, it's because it won't be visible at all while I'm wearing it, in fact I didn't even bondo that section at all of my other thigh.

Finished thigh
DSC02567.jpg

DSC02566.jpg

Forearm
DSC02565.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

Bicep
DSC02563.jpg

DSC02562.jpg

Looking at these pics I'm noticing a bunch of errors I didn't see before, I'll be sure to prime them and fix up those areas so they end up super smooth.

Feedback is extremely welcome, I want to know how I'm doing with the bondo.

Did some more resin/glass work and I left them out overnight to dry, I came out today and they were all piles of mush, didn't rain but I guess they were covered in dew. Shoulders gone, chest gone, elbows gone, helmet gone, one shin gone, and one knee. I don't know if I'll be continuing this anymore or not , man this sucks.

Thats just incredible. Nice work and can't wait to see more.

story of my life my friend

You're build is coming along great. I'm looking forward to seeing it in paint.

Thanks for the kind words. Things have gotten much better, I fixed the major warping on the helmet and partly fixed one shoulder, it will be a pain to bondo, but at least I don't have to remake it. As for the chest, shin, elbows, and knee, I used a hair dryer and LOTS of supports and they are okay for the most part, just needs a but more bondo work when I get there. So the only things I completely lost were one shoulder and the cod. (Which was a pain to pep!). I have already cut these out though. As for progress, I glassed the chest, elbows, knees, and built two HD boots. I'll put up some pictures once I get more progress.

Did some more resin/glass work and I left them out overnight to dry, I came out today and they were all piles of mush, didn't rain but I guess they were covered in dew. Shoulders gone, chest gone, elbows gone, helmet gone, one shin gone, and one knee. I don't know if I'll be continuing this anymore or not , man this sucks.

Dude, that is really heart-wrenching...
I hope you can salvage most of it, Good luck and, jeez, sorry for the loss.

After reading this i also noticed, mine are outside in an outdoor covered area that has 2 windows and a standard size door that is open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back