First build WIP - Halo 4 Recon Helmet / Halo 4 Mark VI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
//...receiving data....
//EMERGENCY ALERT BROADCAST TO ALL UNSC
/The halo 4 mk.VI torso is now fully complete, pics up in the second post on the first page under the complete helmet pics. Quick linky: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...o-4-Mjolnir-Mark-VI-Armor?p=670621#post670621

Holy crap that looks really really good! Where did you get that visor or how did you make it!?

Hey thanks, the visor is just any old motorcycle helmet visor but I used a stencil over the top of it and a satin clear coat to achieve the pattern. I have a link in the first post here to where I got the stencil.

I am actually really excited to see this one in it's finished form! Can't wait and thanks for the answer

Thanks everyone! The next step is the boots, my computer is currently down so pep of the left boot is on hold for the moment but I expect to have the parts I need to get it running by the end of this week.

Nice! I like the blue and white pattern.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was really having a hard time deciding what color to go with when I began but I'm glad I chose the blue and white, I think it's working out well.

I have another pic I snapped quick with my phone. Also, incase anyone missed it the final shots of the torso are in the second post of this thread.

11189823585_44cb89d774_b_d.jpg

Attachments

• 11189823585_44cb89d774_b_d.jpg
    11189823585_44cb89d774_b_d.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 186
Maaan, I hope to troop with you some day, sir. ^_^ That suit is shaping up to be the best that I have seen to date, and it's probably even more epic in person.

I await the boots patiently. :p

Your build is awesome! I admire your attention to detail.

How embedded are your joining clasps? The reason I ask is because I am getting a pair of ski boots from my local thrift store and they have clasps that look very similar to the ones here. If you want, and since I only need 4 and there will be 8, I would be willing to send you the others.

Sorry this came just after the previous comment. That didn't have any relation to my offer, I think your clasps look great. I simply saw yours and thought to myself how sweet the ones I am getting would look on your suit... as it is totally worthy!

Absolutely amazing! You sir have a wonderful talent. Would you mind posting the link to the pep file you used for your awesome chestpiece?

I had to break my silence to get some replies in, I can't thank you all enough for the continued support.

Oh I can't wait to see the boots, I'm curious to see how I should do mine

Pep progress is progress so far ;)

Wow... that is impressive...

Thanks!

Maaan, I hope to troop with you some day, sir. ^_^ That suit is shaping up to be the best that I have seen to date, and it's probably even more epic in person.

I await the boots patiently. :p

Likewise, if you are ever in my neck of the woods give me a shout! And truly, thank you again.

Very inspiring dude.

I gotta get me one of these...

Thanks!

looks good the joining clasp kinda ruin it tho

Thanks. To each his own really, I needed something not bad looking yet functional. It's actually quite nice being able to get into/ remove your own chest piece with the current system. As you see if you read the comment below I eventually want to convert it over to a magnetic system but that will come at a later date when I have the armor totally complete.

Your build is awesome! I admire your attention to detail.

How embedded are your joining clasps? The reason I ask is because I am getting a pair of ski boots from my local thrift store and they have clasps that look very similar to the ones here. If you want, and since I only need 4 and there will be 8, I would be willing to send you the others.

Sorry this came just after the previous comment. That didn't have any relation to my offer, I think your clasps look great. I simply saw yours and thought to myself how sweet the ones I am getting would look on your suit... as it is totally worthy!

Thanks for the compliments and the offer. The current clasps are embedded enough where they won't come out, but not so much as they are 100 percent permanent. I'm actually playing with the idea of making the joining of the two pieces into a magnetic function to eliminate all traces of clasps. For now I'm going to leave it alone while I work on the rest of the armor parts but the clasps are on the top of the "revisit later" list. Right now they are just functional and (purely my opinion) not that bad looking. I think at this point I've dropped the need to make everything totally in-game accurate because I've added tons of my own little tweaks here and there that I really like.

Absolutely amazing! You sir have a wonderful talent. Would you mind posting the link to the pep file you used for your awesome chestpiece?

Thanks! The torso file (actually every piece for the h4 mk6) is by ATZLAN and can be found here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...546#post666546

Now back to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back