FoolyCoolyMans Jorge 052 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ral!
But anyways, anyone got any tips as to where to start?

Hey man, thanks for the compliment. I don't know about everyone else but i personally found it better to start with the bottom and pep my way up. This was when you do the ring (aka base line of the helm) you figure out if you can squeeze your head through easily or not and helps you figure out if the helmet will be too big or small in proportion to the rest of the armour.

That way if its not right you can stop pepin and rescale the helm and avoid making an entire helmet that isn't quite right...

If you want pics to help explain what i mean i can post some up for you? :D

I don't know about everyone else but i personally found it better to start with the bottom and pep my way up. This was when you do the ring (aka base line of the helm) you figure out if you can squeeze your head through easily or not and helps you figure out if the helmet will be too big or small in proportion to the rest of the armour.
That way if its not right you can stop pepin and rescale the helm and avoid making an entire helmet that isn't quite right...

Hadn't thought about doing this. I'm really glad you brought this up. Definitely going to help with scaling.
Would you know of any helmets in which regardless of the ring size, you still need to worry about the height of the helm and how far it comes down?

Hadn't thought about doing this. I'm really glad you brought this up. Definitely going to help with scaling.
Would you know of any helmets in which regardless of the ring size, you still need to worry about the height of the helm and how far it comes down?

hey, only helm i can think of is probs Emile's helmet... but thats really cause of the visor shape... But usually it all comes down to If the helmets been modeled properly, then height and length shouldn't really be too much of a problem. if you've scaled using the width demention (which i do myself)... hope i made sense lol

Sure, if you want to :p
Thanks!

Coolio. Just gimmie a day and i'll put up some pics and highlight what im talking about :D

hey, only helm i can think of is probs Emile's helmet... but thats really cause of the visor shape... But usually it all comes down to If the helmets been modeled properly, then height and length shouldn't really be too much of a problem. if you've scaled using the width demention (which i do myself)... hope i made sense lol

Yeah, that makes sense. Basically if the opening is big enough for your head width wise it should be fine for all the other aspects as well

well the ring size of emiles helmet is a little small but all me and my bro are doing is getting it all bondoed and fiberglassed and then cutting it out to the right size oh and flcl hows the back pack going?

FLCL, When you get the chance to make your next Jorge gun, I'd love to see a picture by picture walk-through of your progress on it.

FLCL, When you get the chance to make your next Jorge gun, I'd love to see a picture by picture walk-through of your progress on it.

well im working on jorges gun as well but i havent had a chance to post up pics so you can keep checking out my fourm ill keep updateing it as much as i can oh and what did you do to harden your gun?

Hey I got the unfold done, 3 different ones. Out of those 3 only 1 of them was structured enough to hold up. I'm just trying figure out how to save it still. But I'm not doing a Jorge build. I'm using the pack as an Ammo can. um, I'm going to pm you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back