Gencon '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

Ok, for the time being, this is our Gencon '09 thread. I'm going to try and keep some more important information stashed in this post for ease of access.

Known members going:
Spartan137
Noble
Drakku
rvb18
Loess
{Cortana
LeeKegan
AlyxOokami

Props/Weapons:
Link4044 Magnum Sidearm (S-137)
DMaster HEDP Frag Grenade (S-137)
LeeKeegan BR-55(?) (LeeKeegan)
LeeKeegan M6G (LeeKeegan)
//Please tell me what you are planing on bringing!
DO NOT BRING A SMICK6 SPIKER! GENCON STAFF WILL CONFISCATE THE WEAPON!

Cosplays:
Arbiter (Drakku)
Cortana ({Cortana)
Mk V Chief (rvb18)
H2 ODST (Loess)
Multiplayer Mk VI Helmet (AlyxOokami)
Multiplayer Mk VI Helmet (S-137)
Multiplayer EOD Helmet (S-137)
Multiplayer EVA Helmet (S-137)
Possible CNC H3 Marine (S-137)
Possible CNC Mk VI (S-137)
Possible CNC H3 ODST (S-137)
//If you have any other cosplays, do tell!

Dates:
Saturday, August 15
//Any other days?

And we still need a meeting place.
http://www.gencon.com/files/indy/2009/CurrentFloorplan.pdf
Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
As it stands right now yes I will be trying to go to Gencon.

I am the man in charge of running the Jail N Bail they have every year. We missed last year for the first time in 8 years due to lack of people and personal issue with many of my team. This year we are working hard to make it, as Gencon has already been in contact with us really wanting us back.

Agh, someone has beaten me to a topic.

I'll be attending GenCon for the unveiling of my Arbiter costume. Woo!
And my boyfriend's coming as well, hopefully in a suit of armor.

I know of a couple other members attending as well.

I'd like to get a time for us all to meet up set aside pretty fast, so we can plan our events around it.

How does Saturday sound, as far as days go? I think the only major thing happening on that day is the Masquerade that night. We could all invade it, haha.

Drakku said:
How does Saturday sound, as far as days go? I think the only major thing happening on that day is the Masquerade that night. We could all invade it, haha.

Saturday works for me. JediStumpy might be going, and Leekeegan would be good too. He doesn't have any armor (I don't think) but he's got those amazing weapons.

I also should have my girlfriend and a few other local buddies going up. We should all hopefully be armored, so that'll work nicely.

If anyone gets a chance to stop by the Jail, I will be working there for most of the con. The Jail runs Thursday - Sunday so I will be busy with that. But it would be cool to meet some of the Midwest 405th members. I can't promise you won't be arrested but the money goes toward Gencon's charity so it would be for a good cause. :D

yo i should be there in some mark V, i went last year and just messed with people in circle center mall lol

PS and what do you mean stumpys the only one with a full suit near here, i got a full suit too ya know!! :cautious:

I'm also headed to Gencon, And I'll be bringing my ODST, but for at least part of Saturday I'll be doing a Spaceballs group cosplay with some friends. *Edit, that plan is on hold for next year*

rvb18 said:
yo i should be there in some mark V, i went last year and just messed with people in circle center mall lol
PS and what do you mean stumpys the only one with a full suit near here, i got a full suit too ya know!! :cautious:

Heh, sorry, didn't know you where a Hoosier (Or if I did, I forgot).

So that'll give us a Mk V, a Mk VI, an H2 ODST, an Arbi, and my suit, which is with-held for the time being.

That's actually not bad.

rvb, when did you go to GenCon last year? I was there all day saturday, and if you where there that day, I'd be amazed if I missed you!

Spartan137 said:
Heh, sorry, didn't know you where a Hoosier (Or if I did, I forgot).

So that'll give us a Mk V, a Mk VI, an H2 ODST, an Arbi, and my suit, which is with-held for the time being.

That's actually not bad.

rvb, when did you go to GenCon last year? I was there all day saturday, and if you where there that day, I'd be amazed if I missed you!
i went to it from a boy scout invite so i didn't do much in the convention but rather a block away at the mall were i held some little kid's stuffed frog hostage lol

Drakku said:

I'd like to get a time for us all to meet up set aside pretty fast, so we can plan our events around it.

Lol, "Hopefully"

Hope you guys have fun I will eventually be at one someday.. lol

Drakku said:

I'm attending as well in my Cortana cosplay, and I totally would love to invade the Masquerade in full Halo force! :D

Spartan137 said:
And a Cortana. We're going to cover everything! :D

{Cortana said:
I totally would love to invade the Masquerade in full Halo force!
I invaded last year in my Gaia avatar costume, but got accosted by Kingdom Hearts fans thinking I was a Heartless..
Halo characters would be WAY more recognizable.
And we could be silly and have masquerade masks to put over our faces.. while still in armor. Haha!

So Saturday-ish is sounding good to everyone? We can prolly get a more definite time closer to the date.
I'm so excited. Haha.

Drakku said:
And a Cortana. We're going to cover everything! :D
I invaded last year in my Gaia avatar costume, but got accosted by Kingdom Hearts fans thinking I was a Heartless..
Halo characters would be WAY more recognizable.
And we could be silly and have masquerade masks to put over our faces.. while still in armor. Haha!

So Saturday-ish is sounding good to everyone? We can prolly get a more definite time closer to the date.
I'm so excited. Haha.
Haha, silly KH fans. :p
But seriously, now you have me scheming different ideas for masks to wear, lol.
And I think Saturday sounds good. :)

LeeKegan said:
My son and I will try to be there on Saturday!

There will be further updates!

Woohoo! We got Lee!

It seems like saturday is pretty common amongst most members (including me, school starts that week). So do we wanna have a 405th meeting / pictures sometime on saturday? 501st does the same thing.

And does anybody know if we're allowed to loan out the 405th banner?

Spartan137 said:
have a 405th meeting / pictures sometime on saturday?
And does anybody know if we're allowed to loan out the 405th banner?
Sounds good to me.
We could meet up in the evening before the masquerade, do a bunch of photos, and then if we want to invade the dance, we can go from there?

And I'm cooking something up for GenCon, and if it gets approved, we'll need a banner. :D Soooo, yeah.

Drakku said:
Sounds good to me.
We could meet up in the evening before the masquerade, do a bunch of photos, and then if we want to invade the dance, we can go from there?

And I'm cooking something up for GenCon, and if it gets approved, we'll need a banner. :D Soooo, yeah.

Yeah, that'd be good. We could do it at the same place the 501st does their photoshoot / meeting. Kinda invade on their territory!

I just thought of something, has anyone emailed the GenCon staff to see if we'll be allowed to troop with our weapons? I know that they have some pretty restrictive regs, since they wouldn't let the friends I'm going with carry the prop knives or revolvers to go with the Jayne Cobb costumes we were originally going to build.

Also, we decided to shelve the spaceballs costumes untill next year, so I'll be able to troop in my ODST kit for most of the day Saturday. :D

Loess said:
I just thought of something, has anyone emailed the GenCon staff to see if we'll be allowed to troop with our weapons? I know that they have some pretty restrictive regs, since they wouldn't let the friends I'm going with carry the prop knives or revolvers to go with the Jayne Cobb costumes we were originally going to build.

I just dropped the Gencon staff an email regarding our weaponry. They replied telling me that they've forwarded the note to someone who'll know the answer. They should get back to us within a week.

EDIT:
Wow, they're fast at responses. They say that our weaponry are fine for showing as long as we get them checked at the Information Desk.

And they also say no Smick6 Spikers. The blades scared them, I think. But I was sure that was gonna happen anyway. Good thing there aren't any Hoosiers with Smick6 Spikers, huh? So, to ease their minds, lets not have any Smick6 Spikers on us, cool?

I'm going to update the first post.

Drakku. Let me know if you need the banner, or lanyards. Did you get any post cards while you were here? I can ship them (if you promise to send the banner back)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back