Gencon '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't make it guys. Cost was just an issue for me right now (due to the "aka" economy) I would of loved to been there to meet you guys and gals and share with everyone else about the 405th...in my armor (duh). Thanks again to "you know who" for thing in help me out. It really mean a lot to me. It just didn't work out this year. Hope to see more photos!

Had a great time getting together with everyone at GenCon.

I haven't seen these group photos from Saturday morning yet, so here we go;

th_GenCon023.jpgth_GenCon028.jpgth_GenCon022.jpg

Sorry I didn't make it to the costume parade, I was getting the early symptoms of heat exhaustion right before we were supposed to get back together, so I had to get out of armor. :( (I've got way too much experience with that.)

And a couple pics that are just too cool not to brag about....

th_GenCon014.jpgth_GenCon016.jpg

I actually got to pose with some of Lee's masterpieces.... My life is now complete.

Sorry I didn't get to be there on Saturday, but I had a great time on Friday at the demo. It was great meeting everyone that came on Friday.

next year (when i can drive) il be there all four days and i didn't even know about a parade or i would have gone saturday not friday, oh well leasons to be learned. also i need to know if it was draku who was the one in charge of the work shop. if she was maybe try to do the work shop later on in the day when we are awake lol

rvb18 said:
next year (when i can drive) il be there all four days and i didn't even know about a parade or i would have gone saturday not friday, oh well leasons to be learned. also i need to know if it was draku who was the one in charge of the work shop. if she was maybe try to do the work shop later on in the day when we are awake lol

Yes, Drakku was in charge. She set it all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also could not make it due to work. But I know a group of friends of mine did. They where the ones running the Jail for charity. They raised $1300 dollars. I hate that I missed it. But there is always next year.

Noble said:
I also could not make it due to work. But I know a group of friends of mine did. They where the ones running the Jail for charity. They raised $1300 dollars. I hate that I missed it. But there is always next year.

so those were the guys and gals running the gallows lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we have been running the jail for a while. We did the last 3 years in Milwaukee and all in Indiana save for last year when none of us could make it. We have a ton of fun every year and we raise a lot of money for charity. Its Win, Win. I hope to have my halo armor done by next Gencon but we will see how money goes.

Normally we get contacted by the Event Director or her assistant between February and April to run the jail. That way I can start looking for people to volunteer and settle thing on the the Volunteer Agreement. Earlier this year in April they signed an extension for Gencon to be in Indianapolis til 2015. There forum site is already set up for 2010.

Lol, I mean when will the forums start talking about us attending Gencon '10. I know they have it up. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Oops...Sorry...I guess I did quite understand what you meant. But as far a I am concern it is never too early to talk about Gencon. Lets look at Dragon Con, it has like three threads. Granted I have never actually been to Dragon Con but from what I hear it is worth going to. I know Gencon is worth go to and I even went when it was in Milwaukee. So we should go a head and start a Gencon '10 thread unless people are just not that into Gencon. Now later I guess it really doesn't matter I know I am going to do what ever it take to be there in '10.

I go to chicago comic con every year and i'd be nice to go to gen con, only thing is idk how much it'd cost for rooming.. I wish I could get my dad to go, maybe I could bargain with him. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back