Grenadier Spartan III

See I felt bad taking the red and orange rolls since they look nice and I know they're going to be painted and covered up. That's why I usually go for black or gray. But free materials is free materials.
Exactly. Also, for some reason black is more expensive than the neon colors.

Both shins are now fully printed and welded together with a 3d pen.
20210418_160024.jpg

20210418_160125.jpg

20210418_155438.jpg

Wait.... No color coordination on the other one?

On a more serious note what 3D pen are you using? Ive only done super glue and bondo to put mine together.

Wait.... No color coordination on the other one?

On a more serious note what 3D pen are you using? Ive only done super glue and bondo to put mine together.
So the pen is the MYNT3D PRO. There are still parts on the outside that need to be filled so I still plan on using bondo there or maybe high temp hot glue. This project has been my first time using a 3D pen and it's mainly because I happened to have one available through my 3D printing club.

Ok so now I've got all of the parts for the left thigh printed out and I've got the first grenadier knee printed! I've already started printing the 2nd knee and I've been getting some sanding in on the other parts while things are printing
IMG_20210516_111437_630.jpg
?hash=f53ef1f392a3c8baaaa25392973fefff.jpg
20210516_110231.jpg

Attachments

• 20210516_110201.jpg
    20210516_110201.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
Got the belt printed out! This was the last part of the base armor I needed to print! The boots I'm thinking of doing out of foam later down the line, but who know, maybe I'll come back to printing. Now I just need the helmet, collar, shoulders, and knife (which I almost forgot about but I've been seeing other people work on the Reach knife so I should probably get on that before I forget again).
20210530_222338.jpg

Also here's an update on my armorsmith model so it's easier to visualize what's left (orange is printed)
1622443673478.png

Got the knife printed, sanded with 150 grit, and glued together! Thank you indigoD0g again for helping me find the knife files! I haven't printed out the sheath yet because I'm still trying to decide where I want to put the knife. I know for the collar/breacher it goes on the non dominant hand side of the collar but I'm worried if I did that the sheath would collide too much with the commando shoulder on the right. I'm open to any suggestions if anybody has ideas!
20210604_230455.jpg
20210606_154900.jpg

Got the knife printed, sanded with 150 grit, and glued together! Thank you indigoD0g again for helping me find the knife files! I haven't printed out the sheath yet because I'm still trying to decide where I want to put the knife. I know for the collar/breacher it goes on the non dominant hand side of the collar but I'm worried if I did that the sheath would collide too much with the commando shoulder on the right. I'm open to any suggestions if anybody has ideas!
View attachment 306682View attachment 306683
Looks amazing! That’s such a solid print. I’m happy it worked out for you.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back