Grenadier Spartan III

Got some more PLA+ and have started printing the chest piece
20210319_103357.jpg

Printed out the top back right of the chest. Most of it came out good except for the shoulder area which got messed up by supports. I tried printing at an angle that would save material but caused that to happen. For now I did a bit of hand sanding to clean it up and im going to try printing the left half at a different angle. Worst case I get some battle damage haha
20210322_120152.jpg
20210322_120158.jpg
20210322_214701.jpg

Man! It is so cool to see all the 3-D files you have put together! The tac pad you have is super awesome. Thats going to be such a cool touch when you are wearing the armor. You can check messages and everything without having to fish for your phone. Lol

Man! It is so cool to see all the 3-D files you have put together! The tac pad you have is super awesome. Thats going to be such a cool touch when you are wearing the armor. You can check messages and everything without having to fish for your phone. Lol
I do actually have a spare arduino sitting around that I'm not sure what to do with or how to fully use yet. That'd be cool if I can find some way to connect it to phone messages!

Made some sections of the lower strap of the chest. These were originally part of a larger sections I cut out of the chest but those were just a little too big for the ender 3 so I split them up. I was going to try printing the larger sections I split these from but it would have been cutting it too close for the material I have left in my current roll of PLA+.
20210325_181918.jpg

This is super cool! are you planning to having room in the data pad to fit your phone? I know you mentioned using an Arduino, but not sure if that's what you meant or not?
So the data pad doesn't have room for my phone, I was just thinking of making the tactical softcase attachment to hold my phone lol. The arduino would probably be for the tacpad.

spitzkitz and I had a quick little build session going. (Be sure to check out some of the work he did too!) Got my back pieces glued and welded together with a 3d printing pen.
20210414_220832.jpg

20210414_215117.jpg

Also used a dremel to fix the shoulder that was messed up by supports.
20210414_220855.jpg

And the top of my left shin happened to finish printing by the time I got back.
20210414_220728.jpg

Lmao, the red and orange PLA+ rolls really happened to be left over rolls, from a 3d printing club im part of, that no one else was using. You can ask spitzkitz he was there!
I like free filament too. I just take all of the neon filament that no one likes. Since there's already so much primer and filler putty, no one will ever notice.

I like free filament too. I just take all of the neon filament that no one likes. Since there's already so much primer and filler putty, no one will ever notice.
See I felt bad taking the red and orange rolls since they look nice and I know they're going to be painted and covered up. That's why I usually go for black or gray. But free materials is free materials.

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back