Guilty Spark 343 Is Now Completed Pix Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex spartan177 said:
are you using aqua-resin or fiberglass resin???

<~~~~hubby: well i am using a fiberglass resin and i have no problems at all doing it in our garage!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HaloGoddess said:
Since I am assuming that the model is hollow and doesn't seem exactly easy to fiberglass, do you have any other means to make it more durable? I think the stuff that some people use is called great stuff? However, I know that the stuff expands so you have to be very careful when using it or it can ruin your build! D:

Yes it is hollow, and no i cannot fiberglass. The other means i have been looking at is bondoing the outer if it is hard after that and i feel comfortable with the durability of him i would leave it be. Since i will be installing a lighting kit and a voice box inside of him. If the bondo isnt making him strong enough i am thinking about drilling a hole and inserting expanding hardening foam to fill him after i did the bondo. Main thing is seeing how he will be after the resin and bondoing is complete. I also need to keep in mind that i don't want him to be heavy due to the fact i am going to have him attach to me and hovering over my armor.

spartan-087 said:
Yes it is hollow, and no i cannot fiberglass. The other means i have been looking at is bondoing the outer if it is hard after that and i feel comfortable with the durability of him i would leave it be. Since i will be installing a lighting kit and a voice box inside of him. If the bondo isnt making him strong enough i am thinking about drilling a hole and inserting expanding hardening foam to fill him after i did the bondo. Main thing is seeing how he will be after the resin and bondoing is complete. I also need to keep in mind that i don't want him to be heavy due to the fact i am going to have him attach to me and hovering over my armor.

A voice box? Will he hum annoyingly? That would be quite amusing, yet it would bring back memories.... not too fond memories....

Posted for your enjoyment.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/188418

Sorry, I can't find the Youtube vid

Cheers!!!

Sniperbaas392 said:
A voice box? Will he hum annoyingly? That would be quite amusing, yet it would bring back memories.... not too fond memories....

Posted for your enjoyment.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/188418

Sorry, I can't find the Youtube vid

Cheers!!!

yeah thats the plan for him to hum and say things at random times at comic con. Its just now im trying to find a file of him saying things and humming. The voice box isnt to hard to find but figuring out how to hook it up is another thing

sorry for the double post but big update:

ok well 3/4 done with bondo so just wanted to post the pix so u guys can c the progress and let us know what you all think and sorry for no updates latly been peping an 2 odst suits and have had to do the helm 3 times now.

1020558.jpg

1020562.jpg

1020559.jpg

1020561.jpg

1020560e.jpg

1020557.jpg

1020556.jpg

Totally awesome. After bondo it's paint then voice box followed by anti-gravity system and then a miniturized laser haha. Actually, have you guys considered making it turn from blue to red for a few seconds as it randomly shouts out stuff? Just a thought. Anyway, great build and good luck to you both.

That looks really , really good. On the voicebox sound effects what type of file would you need them in .mp3 or another type?

<~~~~~~hubby again

it really dont matter if it is the wrong file we can just get a converter and change it to what we need. why do you happen to have the files?

ok well this is after todays bondo job inner is complete and the eye is complete and the outter ring is about 3/4 complete tomorrow or friday it will be fully bondoed and this weekend will be sanded hopefully.

1020564.jpg

1020565.jpg

1020567c.jpg

1020555.jpg

1020566.jpg

1020563.jpg

spartan-087 said:
nah our plans are to make the eye light up and hat a piece of metal holding him up and make him look like he is floating behind me or my hubby at comic con.

See you there! I'm planning on having my MK VI, Marine, and ODST armor casted out by then so we'll have a whole UNSC squad at C-Con :p

HARR 18 said:
lookin good!

you should check out this site (www.goldmine-elec.com) for your electonic needs!

and this site (led.linear1.org/led.wiz) to help with LED's

Hope this helps.

HARR18

i dont know electronics that well it is confusing me trying to understand the led thing u sent

Oh my Spark.

That's a great idea. I can't wait to see how this pans out. You're definitely much braver than me, making a spherical prop like that. God, Bondo sucks on spheres.

As for the LEDs, it shouldn't be too complicated. I'm more worried about the means for speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back