Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I was just looking at the Dutch bucket (I don't know who's exactly) and it seems that it isn't game accurate. Is there a new model in the works? If not, I can see if I can make some modifications to it if that's ok.

hey night my man, could you do a request for me? i was wondering if you could make a bio-foam canister. like the one they use on romeo.

Ahh yes Bio-foam,that would be good.This is one thing thats been bothering me ever since i saw seans ODST.His Knees are perfect,they have the ODST detail in them,Let me show you pics of what I'm talkin' about:

ODST GAME PIC:

Halo3_ODST-Dare.jpg

ODST PEP KNEE:

KNEE.jpg

Sorry to bring this up,I'm not trying to annoy you,just pointing out some Faulties.

mjolnir follower said:
Ahh yes Bio-foam,that would be good.This is one thing thats been bothering me ever since i saw seans ODST.His Knees are perfect,they have the ODST detail in them,Let me show you pics of what I'm talkin' about:

ODST GAME PIC:

Halo3_ODST-Dare.jpg

ODST PEP KNEE:

KNEE.jpg

Sorry to bring this up,I'm not trying to annoy you,just pointing out some Faulties.

Apples and oranges. The in-game shot is from Halo 3: ODST. The pep file is based on the WETA live-action short film. To call the WETA file "faulty" is unfair since this version predates the H3:ODST game by more than a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
Apples and oranges. The in-game shot is from Halo 3: ODST. The pep file is based on the WETA live-action short film. To call the WETA file "faulty" is unfair since this version predates the H3:ODST game by more than a year.

I know,I know.But any ideas on how to get that little detail onto a pep piece.Like we dont have any other ODST knees except for the WETA edition.

That piece is just a small piece added onto the surface of the knee. It's also on the Weta knee, but I left it out of the model because it's so thin it seemed pointless to pep.

Cut the shape out of sintra, styrene, or cardboard and glue it onto the surface, that's what I had in mind.

Lol, hey guys I'm back, after a peaceful three-day senior retreat, just in case you wondered where I was (then again, three days isn't much)

Anyway, rvb18, sorry I'm dumb, do you mean one of these?

biofoamcanister.png

If this is it, then yes, if not, please post a pic. Google didn't bring much up.

And about the knees, come on guys, don't be afraid to scratch-build a little one-inch-squared detail ...

Nightshade said:
Ok, got it Rvb18, I'll try to finish that when I finish my homework (I'm off of school today, so ... yeah)

he if u need some ref pics ill get some but i dont have my odst tonight but can get it by Wednesday afternoon

hey shade. i got a challenge for ya! any chance we could get a newer game-accurate sniper plate model like your original? pwetty pwease?

DreadMullet said:
CANISTER, MEDICAL BIOFOAM

POLYETHYLTRIPHOSPHATE Application lo (?)

NITROUS OXCIDE ACCELERANT

Apply up to wound Entry, compress lever until all

contents dispersed(???????)

UNSC-MED-5469-Bh

Bio Foam OBJ file

ill would work on an unfold,but pep designer is being stupid and crashes when i open the file,any chance of getting it in a different file type

Okay, so I had some extra time this morning. This is my first unfold ever, let me know how I did. Thought this might be an easy starter piece to get me into unfolding. Hah, I was wrong!

Bio-Foam Canister modeled by DreadMullet.

Ended up scaling it to about 11", that was my best guesstimation of the size based on what little we get to see of it ingame. At that size it was a pain in the arse to get anything to fit on a page. If anyone tries to pep this, let me know what I could have done better.

Harding29 said:
ill would work on an unfold,but pep designer is being stupid and crashes when i open the file,any chance of getting it in a different file type

yea i can get you a .3ds file of it.... even tho, you are going to manage to find 300 open edges :angry .... i dont know why your pep hates OBJ's, i never have a problem with them in pep...

BioFoam.3ds you want to just do a unfold in pep 3 Harding? it might not be needed tho, Flyerfye's unfold is really good, im getting ready to start it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back