Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harding29 said:
i think u should get them and let us know how there are since they do look good and accurate

Just so you guys know, I ordered them off ebay, so they should be here pretty soon. Ill be sure to post some pics up!

Last edited by a moderator:
mc hammer time said:
Just so you guys know, I ordered them off ebay, so they should be here pretty soon. Ill be sure to post some pics up!

sweet i cant wait to see what there really like,hope for the best

i just ripped my Weta one apart in a raith or rage ...

Just wondering, what's a "raith"??

And about the sniper plates, yeah, I realized that, well, they aren't too game-accurate. I guess that's what you get from a complete lack of reference pics. I looks like the middle of the top sniper plate is raised an inch or two. I'm planning on scratch-building that part. And I need to re-pep the sniper plates, 'cause they are a bit too small and not bad-azz-lookin' enough ...

Also, I am thinking about using THIS for my undersuit since i can use the MOLLE feature to hang the chest pieces off of and it also has farely accurate straps and a hydration pack. Opinions?

@ Nightshade,lol i meant wrath

@ Hammer,i think its a good find i was thinking about getting a vest or whatever with a hydration pack

Just wondering, what's a "raith"??

And about the sniper plates, yeah, I realized that, well, they aren't too game-accurate. I guess that's what you get from a complete lack of reference pics. I looks like the middle of the top sniper plate is raised an inch or two. I'm planning on scratch-building that part. And I need to re-pep the sniper plates, 'cause they are a bit too small and not bad-azz-lookin' enough ...

hey shade. do you think you could throw up some pics of your first one? with something so we can reference it to? oh and any word from 1MB? i told him to email it to you. if he hasnt contacted you, pm him your email so he can send you the file.

No, 1MB has not contacted me, but I guess I'll PM him my email. By the way, I think my sniper shields were with 300mm or 320mm in height, but still way too small looking ...

Oh, and by the way, you know how sometimes stupid people get an idea they never thought of before and think it's great, and then they tell a bunch of smart people about it and they are usually thinking, "I thought of that weeks ago, but I never got around to mentioning it," ... Well, I just got one of those ideas. Anyway, I was thinking, instead of having a bunch of links/screenshots on the main post which make it a little difficult to find exactly what you want (despite lots of time spent by yours-truly to continuously simplify that post), why don't I just compile each area of armor (mainly, all the chest armor) into one big .zip file, in which all of those pep files would be located? I thought that would make it easier for people, to have 'em all in one download in one folder. Is this a good idea?

sounds like it wont hurt Nightshade,and i thought about that like 2weeks ago but never got around to mentioning it.jk

okay good. and shade that sounds like a good idea, except for ppl who are just waiting on one or more files and stuff. but otherwise any new ppl would love to see it. and harding, i know u said jk, but SKG and crew beat us ALL to that idea haha :p

flipboy439 said:
hey shade. do you think you could throw up some pics of your first one? with something so we can reference it to? oh and any word from 1MB? i told him to email it to you. if he hasnt contacted you, pm him your email so he can send you the file.

On second thought, yeah they do need to be remade...XD

Can i dremel cut through a bondo'd visor? Because I was thinking of cutting out the visor using a dremel after i've smoothed it with afew layers of bondo.

sierra092 said:
Can i dremel cut through a bondo'd visor? Because I was thinking of cutting out the visor using a dremel after i've smoothed it with afew layers of bondo.

yeah i wouldnt see y not

and btw whats goin on with the sniper plates,what should i scale them to,cuz im working on my shoulders(i know i said i was doing the sniper goggs,there on hold)i wanted to get my shoulders done but everyones having a prob with them

Harding29 said:
yeah i wouldnt see y not

and btw whats goin on with the sniper plates,what should i scale them to,cuz im working on my shoulders(i know i said i was doing the sniper goggs,there on hold)i wanted to get my shoulders done but everyones having a prob with them

Sorta...The sniper plates kinda don't look like the one in the game. The one in the game looks like it kinda connects on the sides with a small gap in between. Also, they look a bit bigger than the 1st ones made.

Harding29 said:
so should i wait to pep the sniper plates?

Go ahead and pep it and everyone can compare the two. You and Nightshade have been doing a great job so far with these. I'd do it myself, but I'm as new to this as someone who would just join the site today XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back