Halo: CE mark V HD pep files!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureSuicide

EDIT: this project has been put on hold due to the discovery of Rhinoc's HD mark V, which can be found -here-The files for my HD mark V can be found -here-

I'll be back when I have some more progress on my mark V build.
------------------------------------------------

Hello 405th, I decided some time ago that Moz's (Bungie's) mark V armor files were of too low a quality,
In order to save on memory ingame, most of the details are in the texture mapping.

So a few days ago, I started modelling my own files based around the game models and textures.

A small number of polygons are the same, because I couldn't see any sense in changing them.

Basically I'm rounding off bits that ought to be round, and sunk in the lights and the shoulder triangles, also added things like the (biofoam port? rivet?) in the biceps.

I've also completely remade the codpiece,

STATUS KEY:
Phase 1: modeled (%, note)
Phase 2: ready to unfold (converted)
Phase 3: unfolded (link)

Helmet: N/A. Use rundown's HD helmet. (seriously.)

Chest: Phase 1 (99%, ready to convert)

Backpack: Phase 1 (90%, ready to convert, but i'm not really satisfied.)

Gutplate: Phase 1 (99%, ready to convert)

Pouches: Phase 1 (99%, ready to convert)

Codpiece: Phase 1 (99%, ready to convert)

Biceps: Phase 1 (99%, ready to convert)

Forearms: Phase 1 (90%*, needs touch-up)

Handplates: Phase 1 (90%*, needs touch-up.)

Thighs: N/A, Maybe some other time.

Shins: Phase 1 (100%, ready to convert)

Boots: 0%

BUT I need your help!

If someone with Sketchup Pro 8 can convert some [.skp]'s to either [.3ds] or [.obj], that'd be great.

PM me if you're want to convert them, please.

Once Phase 2 is ready, i'll need help reaching Phase 3, (unfolding help needed too.)

* made using Bungie's FP hands model.

Thanks, PureSuicide

Can we get some pics, Spartan!

A HD set of MKV armor has been modeled by Rhinoc. You should still release your files though, the MOAR the MERIOAR(Merrier :p)!

Ah well that's a little bit awkward, His is better. but i'm not giving up, if someone wants to unfold these files, let me know.

lookin good dude!!! like BD50 said, the more Mk V's the merrier!! :D Keep it up, I wanna see the whole model!!

well i've decided to give up. look up the very top for the zip file containing the [.skp] files.
anyone who wants to work on them, can, but give credit, etc.

I think these are a bit badly done, and i've lost interest now that I know there's already an alternative.

Maybe in the future I will come back to these models.

(A convert and an unfold would sure improve the chances :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back