Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reeaally? that's an extremely unlikely conclusion that would ruin 343 if they did that. And not to mention how stupid that would be it looks like a game model render like the original box had.
All I'm saying is it looks more like a drawing than a game render.

I was happy to see that a lot of the work on CE was put into enhancing the appearance of the environment. For me, it isn't necessarily about the armor. Take Reach, while the armor looked great, it was the drama that they incorporated into the surroundings that made me enjoy it most.

As for Halo 4: I understand that it was a CGI teaser trailer, and it was unbelievable, but it is going to a lot of explaining as to how the Chief's armor changed while he was in cryogenic stasis. But again, it was just a teaser. We'll know more this time next year.

I'm excited for both, so I know that it will definitely be 2 more titles to add to my Halo collection.

-Matt

Because it's not, the difference is too great for it to be the same helmet as CE, just look at it. It's the pre-CE permutation of the MkV helmet, you can tell by how tall the visor is and that it's not the right shape .

Believe what you like, as you've evidently made up your mind. I'm convinced that if you asked the developers, they'd just tell you that its the Halo CE Mark V, without any influence from the Pre-CE one.

This wouldn't be the first time they slightly changed the Chief's armor for aesthetic reasons. Case in point, the different Halo 2 and Halo 3 handguards, which are still Mark VI.

Yeah, it's the MkV, different from the Pre-CE version.

This was in response to someone saying that they thought they spotted a helmet permutation in the footage of co-op campaign. I think that in that footage (plasma-grenade throwing co-op partner), the player is wearing Mark V, not a permutation. (This is how annoying rumors get started: someone decides they see something in a brief trailer that they want to see.)

Last edited by a moderator:
man i am excited for both halo games, but it seems like in the remake for halo ce, it seems like they ruined the way master chief looks in that and the way all of the aliens look, like the elite and his energy sword, looks trerrible to me but the halo 4 trailer looked awesome so i am really excited for that =D

wonder if they'll bring all the reach weapons into the remake :/ hope so.

i wonder if the h4 campain will be based on a forerunner ship. like chief land on it and the security systems view him as a threat. just an idea

I really don't see why everyone is up in arms about Master Chief's armor in Halo CE A. The original game had extremely little detail on the armor... what did you expect them to do with it? This is only the first trailer, I think we should wait to see more. Personally, I like what I've seen so far.

What happened to my Halo HD vs Halo 4 thread? Was it combined into this thread?

EDIT: NVM, my thread was absorbed into this one. Nice to see it fed the Halo HD/halo 4 machine.

LandingGameImages_halocea.png

HAPPINESS! The helmet looks epic here, like the original!

OK Awesome! This looks WAY better! Im positive now that what we saw in the video are simple models/textures to keep the frame rates low while in development!

That lokos very good!

OK Awesome! This looks WAY better! Im positive now that what we saw in the video are simple models/textures to keep the frame rates low while in development!

That lokos very good!
I wonder if 343 forgot to switch their renderer from orthographic to perspective. It looks as if the image is a little stretched. The other picture looks much better though.

The CE remake may be the greatest game ever, in my opinion. But I'm a total CE addict. Can't wait for it to come out. Halo CE is my heroin, period.

Yellow Multiplayer in Halo CE Anniversary has an ODST helmet...

From what I understand, the Anniversary edition is going to be kinda like ODST, It is going to contain Reach multiplayer but with a new campaign so it doesn't get rid of a year old Multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back