Halo E3 News, Halo CE HD and Halo 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is more close up look at the new Chief.

NewChief.jpg

kinda looks like the forearm piece doesn't cover the whole forearm to me, and almost like they copied the ab plate and shifted it down to be the belt lol MC is becoming so BA that he doesn't need armor!

Here is more close up look at the new Chief.

NewChief.jpg

...ok...I'm actually begining to rethink my stance on whether or not they're going to acknowledge the change in armor at all, and that he probably is just going to start the game looking like this. Why you ask?
Take a look at that left breastplate....it still has the iconic battle scarring they added in Halo 3 to show the armor's been through some history.

Now ask yourself: why if this armor is differnt would it have such a similar marking in the exact same place, especially if its a brand new version of the Mjolnir armor? If it is in fact supposed to be a new suit then the only real possible explanation is that the artists have just decided that that Scar is just part of Chief's character design now and he'll always find a way to have it against logic. I could see that being possible, especially now that there are other Spartans and you have to walk the fine line between keeping chief's iconic and (intentionally mind you) generic armor set, and also helping him stand out more.....but it's odd none the less.

Sweet! You can go into Classic Mode hitting the back button, But the only thing I'm worried about now is the soundtrack, only time will tell.

Also anybody have that picture of the partly flooded chief? the new armour looks like that somewhat.

Sweet! You can go into Classic Mode hitting the back button, But the only thing I'm worried about now is the soundtrack, only time will tell.

I was thinking about that....I don't know if they could get O'donnel since he's pretty closely tied to Bungie...but it'd be great if they kept all the music cues from the original game but re-scored them with a full orchestra. For that though, they should have the ability to switch both visuals and audio separately. Give it a noble effort, but if the guy they get blows it I'd at least like to enjoy O'Donnel's original music WITH the visual upgrade.

That's what I thought initially, but after he fires the gun, the top of the gun elevates at a 45 degree angle, plus it's a little to big to be the pistol. Looks closer to the rear half of an assault rifle. Like some others said before, it could be a plasma grenade repurposed for human use. This is what I've been wanting to see, combined human and covenant weapons. How about a human assault rifle that fires plasma bolts? Though I highly doubt they'll do it.
They have a perfect oppourtunity to introduce experimental weapons, the ship could have been carrying some since the ship was on a mission of galatic importance.

maybe it opens up like that to release heat?

WHY DO I NOT HAVE AN XBOX!?

why does this guy not have an xbox?

...ok...I'm actually begining to rethink my stance on whether or not they're going to acknowledge the change in armor at all, and that he probably is just going to start the game looking like this. Why you ask?
Take a look at that left breastplate....it still has the iconic battle scarring they added in Halo 3 to show the armor's been through some history.

Now ask yourself: why if this armor is differnt would it have such a similar marking in the exact same place, especially if its a brand new version of the Mjolnir armor? If it is in fact supposed to be a new suit then the only real possible explanation is that the artists have just decided that that Scar is just part of Chief's character design now and he'll always find a way to have it against logic. I could see that being possible, especially now that there are other Spartans and you have to walk the fine line between keeping chief's iconic and (intentionally mind you) generic armor set, and also helping him stand out more.....but it's odd none the less.

Since he went into cryo in his mk 6, Perhaps these are just add-ons for the armor, like it's part of the jetpack?

It kinda looks like its an upDATE not an upGRADE. frankie will tell in time.

There was junk floating around every where as well as explisions, maybe he got hit by something on the way out of the ship?

There are seven total multiplayer maps, and we’ll reveal them over the next few months. But one of them and another factor that pushed us towards the Reach engine is a Firefight map – a Firefight map unlike any you’ve ever seen before. One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done.

This is VERY clearly a hint to, FLOOD FIREFIGHT!

Oh, and in the trailer i saw that the map "Infinity" is also in halo reach!!!!! YES!

There was junk floating around every where as well as explisions, maybe he got hit by something on the way out of the ship?

...yeah, but that doesn't really work as an explanation since it just means that yes, in fact, he does start the game with this new armor for some inexplicable reason.

Since he went into cryo in his mk 6, Perhaps these are just add-ons for the armor, like it's part of the jetpack?

It kinda looks like its an upDATE not an upGRADE. frankie will tell in time.

You know...that could very well be. Kind of makes sense too. I'm alright with the armor changing/evolving aesthetically due to technical improvements in the game engine personally, so I don't mind the visual change in the chestplate (although I'm not sure on the design yet). It's the jetpack and functional upgrades that make me raise an eyebrow.

I wished that 343 Industries revamped the whole game when it came to Halo C.E. Anniversary, using the gameplay and graphics from reach as tools to tell the story of the original game. That would be crazy to play, and have the version that is just updated graphics as a second disk that came with the game for the people who loved the original gameplay of C.E.

I can't wait to see Halo 4 and what they have in store for us, I am wondering who is the enemy is ???? Who would be dumb enough to mess with John 117 now!!! I feel sorry for them if John get to a radio, he'll have the human race and some of the covenant forces ready to back him.

But didn't they get sent through slip-space? It could be too far away for them to reach them in time.

I'm thinking that it may be the forerunners, possibly explaining the armor upgrade. According to 343, the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/HumanMark V is ranked on this scale as equal to a Class 2.

Or a sentential planet. Like Onyx.

Unless the forerunner devolved just like what they did to the humans. That would be Karma :)

The MarkV visor would look so much better if they used the visor from the MarkIV (Halo Wars) I'm just biased because the Halo Wars helmet just looks awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back