Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only used paper templates, and he's doing a foam build. I'd recommend not pinning it so you don't puncture the surface plane. I like to use my ruler to hold it in place.

ok I missed that...my brain isn't working........I know that pins leave holes, but even using a ruler doesn't assure the template doesn't move.

You're right, it doesn't. In my experience it's easy enough to get it back exactly where it was if it does move. It's all personal preference as the end of the day though.

Depends.....if you are doing this in foam, you may get away with it. May. Just pin down the templates so it doesn't move around when you trace it out.....If you are doing fiberglass, no way in hell will this work. Regular paper will soak up all the resin on the first layer and then collapse under its own weight. That is why we us the card stock or 110 lb paper. It is much thicker and will not implode when the resin is applied.
I am just using EVA foam so I think it should work

You're right, it doesn't. In my experience it's easy enough to get it back exactly where it was if it does move. It's all personal preference as the end of the day though.
True....to each their own. More than one was to skin a cat, as the saying goes.

I just use a metal cutting board and magnets
Doesn't that kill your blades....I mean if you are just using it to mark the templates (holding it with magnets is a brilliant idea) that's fine, but as a cutting board?

I am just using EVA foam so I think it should work

Most definitely will. Regular paper templates for foam is exactly how I did mine.....I know that the heavier paper allows for one to push the pen/marker(whatever you use) a little harder w/o the paper crumpling up, but its a bit harder to print and cost more than regular paper. You're doing just fine my friend....keep going.

.bad news. We printed everything and it’s way to small. It was printed in printer paper...What paper should I use? I’m really bummed out..View attachment 292279
If you are doing an EVA foam build then I'm pretty sure that it's a good idea to take off the tabs you can do so by: Clicking on the 2d menu then click show flaps which should uncheck it. And when you print the printer will usually ask you, some part of the development might not fit, and then it says something about auto re scale. You have two options(well 3 but no) The first is to click either no or yes then immediately click cancel, then move around the pieces, or click no, but some of the tabs might be missing. HaloGoddess also has a good scaling tutorial but be careful because the reach armor is not the same, so you might want to pull up a reference image.: HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

If you are doing an EVA foam build then I'm pretty sure that it's a good idea to take off the tabs you can do so by: Clicking on the 2d menu then click show flaps which should uncheck it. And when you print the printer will usually ask you, some part of the development might not fit, and then it says something about auto re scale. You have two options(well 3 but no) The first is to click either no or yes then immediately click cancel, then move around the pieces, or click no, but some of the tabs might be missing. HaloGoddess also has a good scaling tutorial but be careful because the reach armor is not the same, so you might want to pull up a reference image.: HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial
RandomRanger also has a good reference image tab(I don't know what else to call it): Halo Reach HQ Armor Reference Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back