Halo Reach Noble 6 custom undersuit

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by electricknite, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Takanuva

Takanuva New Member

This undersuit build looks amazing!

2. electricknite

electricknite

Thank you very much Takanuva

Bodysuit is done!! snaps in place, sleeves hemmed, details lined up.
    IMG_0275(2).jpg IMG_0283(2).jpg
    Redoing the crotch piece actually worked to my advantage, because the layers were doubled up it made the whole thing super bulky, now with only one layer I have better air flow.... we all know that's important (no one likes swamp-ass) ANYWAYS....

IMG_0296(2).jpg
    Heres the inside seam of the fix, its easier to see what I did. I wanted the seam to look like it was always meant to be that way so I echo'd the shape of the back detail.
    IMG_0294(2).jpg IMG_0292(2).jpg IMG_0289(2).jpg
    Some contruction details.

IMG_0298(2).jpg IMG_0297(2).jpg
    and the finished bodysuit.

Next up I'll be making the leggings. though I'm not sure what the time frame will be with those. I've been getting pretty busy lately.

If anyone has questions or wants more pictures on a specific part of it, let me know.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  3. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Wow! That looks really great!

How well do the outer arm/elbow pieces flex? I mean does it stretch well?
    Just curious, stuff like that tends to make walking around difficult, especially when you have armor limiting every movement.

Anyhow, Excellent build, I now see that v2 is much better than undersuit v1. The sewn-on parts look a lot neater.
    Excellent build, I hope to see more!

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. CrimsonViper97

CrimsonViper97

Wow, your undersuit looks awesome! Having an accurate looking undersuit adds so much to any suit of armor (although I have no sewing ability so I'm not really one to talk).

5. electricknite

electricknite

mblackwell1002 the elbows are made of spandex, so they're more flexible then I am, the inside elbow is the only thing that doesn't stretch and doesn't need to.
    Thanks, ya I did go over all those details and make sure they lined up perfectly, I'm super happy with it now. Seeing it gets me all inspired for the leggings. Eep!

CrimsonViper97 Thank you very much! I think so too, suits look great one their own but adding a detailed undersuit is just the icing on the cake.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

If I send you my measurements would you make me one? I suuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkk at sewing. I would probably need snaps in a different area though.......:whistle:

Thom A293 and PaiganBoi like this.
  7. electricknite

electricknite

Dirtdives right now, probably not. I've been thinking about making a youtube channel or an etsy shop, I'm just not sure I have the time yet.

8. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

It was kind of a joke but ............if you ever do get the time......:D...

Thom A293 likes this.
  9. mike bike

mike bike

Really cool idea. Looks great

10. Distemper

Distemper

Thank you so much for doing this. The hell you are going through now will help others avoid it in the future and know what to do.

11. electricknite

electricknite

Hey everybody, no update due to Calgary Comic Expo coming up and I'm fixing up my destiny hunter cosplay.

I thought I would get some opinions though if yer feeling like it to keep the discussion going.

Should I add the famous butt detail like the in-game version or stick with the concept model. I am not scared of extra work.
    and if so should I build the leggings so they go under the bodysuit or over top? I'm wondering whether the waistband of the leggings will be visible. or I could build detachable detail pieces that overlap the bodysuit and the leggings. hope that makes sense.
    Or how would you all make this if you had all the sewing skills in the world?

upload_2017-4-11_23-34-46.png upload_2017-4-11_23-35-52.png

12. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

You could prob get away with the leggings going over the body suit. It looks like all the armour that goes around the waist, cod piece and butt piece would cover that up. Also going with the in game detail would be a nice touch.

mblackwell1002 and electricknite like this.
  13. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

I vote for the concept mainly due to the thigh armor the details on the back of them with the two vent ports on each side look really cool! Plus it looks like a lot less sewing then the original Reach butt details, I get where your going with the detachable pieces over the leggings but my wife tried the same thing and it didn't work out so well if you where to make templates I would definitely sew them into the leggings or material you plan on using.

mblackwell1002 and electricknite like this.
  14. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

I...vote in-game. I'm just a fan of extra details, weather details are in...weird...spots or not. While the thigh armor vents do look cool, I still vote in-game part. When people see the infamous Halo: Reach butt, they immediately think "That's definitely an accurate set of armor" LOL...Don't take me too seriously...

....on a more serious note, do make a youtube channel. I desperately need the sewing skills for this type of thing.

vivalablake89 likes this.
  15. electricknite

electricknite

vivalablake89 do you have pictures of what your wifes suit looks like?

just to throw this out there, the undersuit is already based off the concept so I can carry on making it "concept accurate" or I can Frankenstein the concept and game suits together.
    Or make it concept accurate and add extra game details that are detachable if Im feeling like having that sort of attention :rolleyes:

16. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Well, are you comfortable with that sort of thing? lol, I'm joking. Yeah, I'd be pretty uncomfortable with that particular undersuit design. Well, it's not like people look there anyway...or do they?o_O

Haha, I guess you should continue to bring the concept undersuit to reality then, as you've already started on that anyway.

17. electricknite

electricknite

mblackwell1002 haha oh I don't actually care if someone was to look. Most people are pretty respectful I find. And anyone who isn't won't ruin my fun.

I think some day I will make a game accurate suit either as a YouTube tutorial or when this one gets super beat up and I need a new one.

mblackwell1002 and vivalablake89 like this.
  18. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

I agree with mblackwell1002 I would definitely do the in game just more or less sew the pieces on instead of adhering them with something like glue or contact cement. That's what my wife did and they only stayed secure for like a day and half and started to fall off. She plans on sewing them into her suit later on. here is the best picture that captures her undersuit.
    No butt Pics unfortunately but the abs kind of tell the whole story
    photo 1.jpg

19. EndlessForrest

EndlessForrest

I really like this idea!!

20. electricknite

electricknite

SO having these few weeks to think and after replaying Reach, I've come to the conclusion that I want to make an insanely accurate in-game suit of armor. I am so into punishing myself clearly. And to make it even more difficult I will be filming the whole thing and putting it on youtube.
    maybe its just me, but I scoured youtube looking for undersuit videos and found nothing but suit tests and printed morph suits. No more, If i have anything to do with it. Everyone will have amazing undersuits.

Therefore, I am killing this thread. There will be a new one for my progress on the new suit and at the end of any major part I'll be putting together a video.
    Also the time-frame for all of this might be crazy as I am also trying to buy a house.

I'd be sweet of any of you to subscribe now but realistically I wont have anything up for at least a month but heres where the party's at anyways:
    Electricknite

This is the beginning of something either beautiful or terrifying.

21. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

How about something terrifyingly beautiful? :D

Thom A293 and electricknite like this.
  22. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Subbed.:)
    Yeah, I set up my own YT channel as well a while ago. It's most likely gonna be a Halo 3-D printing and foam armor channel, but it will probably contain some Halo: Reach Game night stuff. I'm very loyal to Halo, so it'll be mostly Halo. Maybe a tiny bit of star wars.

Also, we have a Reach game night every Saturday if you're intirested. Here's the thread: Halo: Reach Royale

What's the main topic of your channel, BTW?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Dirtdives likes this.
  23. electricknite

electricknite

Dirtdives will do. Goal set.

mblackwell1002 I'll start with cosplay/prop making.. arty things.... maybe some con vlogs.

Dirtdives and mblackwell1002 like this.
  24. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Also, I just realized what your first post really meant.

"Everyone will have amazing undersuits"
    I kinda just gasped...YESSSSSS!!!!!!
    HALELUJAH!!! UNDERSUITS AT LAAAASSSSTTT!!
    I'll be following the journey...to epic undersuit skills..

Also, my YT channel is SpartanBlackwellProps. Subscribe if you will. :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Thom A293 and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  25. electricknite

electricknite

Haha, just to be clear, I wont be able to make them for everyone but I do plan on making sized patterns for pdf printing and tutorials etc.