Halo Reach Noble 6 custom undersuit

Discussion in 'Halo Soft Parts' started by electricknite, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Now I just need the tut on how to sew.........

PaiganBoi and mblackwell1002 like this.
  2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

we are in the same boat my friend.

also.... subbed. Can't wait to see your vids.

Dirtdives and electricknite like this.
  3. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Very nice work.

Sub'd as well. :)

Dirtdives and electricknite like this.
  4. zigzwag

zigzwag New Member

Reading through this has been very inspirational. I have negligible sewing skills. ((I have sewn on a patch once... :) ))

I am going to be definitely following this going forward, as I have many plans for future builds!

Keep up the good work!

5. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

I seriously can't imagine that. o_O Contact cement is permanent - something must have gone wrong there. It shouldn't just fall off! You should be able to tear foam apart from it and not it just falling off...
    I have many parts glued onto my undersuit - wore it multiple times and as I said, I would rather destroy the foam by ripping it apart instead of it falling off...
    Both E6000 and contact cement are permanent...

vivalablake89 likes this.
  6. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Division Staff

I just realized, electricknite, that you're in Calgary. I'll see you at Edmonton Expo in September then? Yes?

7. electricknite

electricknite

FANGS I haven't actually decided yet. It'd be fun but I would have to find a place to stay.

8. FANGS

FANGS Commanding Officer Division Staff

If I didn't have a house full already, I'd absolutely invite you to stay. I have a bunch of Calgary 501st with permanent reservations....hahahaha Do you know Kris? Jedi Ranger is in Calgary as well.

Also...I've moved this thread to the Halo Soft Parts forum but I've left a re-direct for a month so that people won't lose track of where it is!

PerniciousDuke likes this.
  9. electricknite

electricknite

haha its cool, thanks for the thought. ya I know him and sounds good!

10. vivalablake89

vivalablake89

Well I'm thinking in my wife's case it was the fabric, I even tried looking for a tag to read the exact material but there was no tag, she bought just a regular body suit off amazon. I wish I could find out exact material, because contact cement doesn't work on it unfortunately. I'm going to be starting my Buck undersuit soon and thinking of sewing it but do you think CommanderPalmer that contact cement will adhere large pieces of pleather on your standard fabric?

11. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Personally I used E6000, but I've seen multiple people use contact cement and after wearing it on cons they had also no problems at all. All morphsuit cases. E6000 is similar to contact cement.
    No idea how it is with pleather tbh, never tried it, but depends on how the inner surface is when you're gluing it. Personally had no problems at all with EVA foam.

12. bestellen

bestellen New Member

This undersuit build looks amazing!