Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the boomco assault rifle and I must admit, it's a little smaller than I imagined, but the magnum seems to fit perfectly. I already have a holster for the pistol, but I also want to do the same for the assault. I was thinking of hot gluing magnets inside the rifle and on the ODST back. there's also this Idea of a metal coat hanger as an alternative.

Magnets are probably better. You will have to play around with it because the rifle might have some weight to it (I don't really know). In my opinion, I'd add a few magnets and see if they hold the rifle to the back, if not, add another pair and keep doing it until the rifle holds well and can be taken off easily.

This is awesome it looks like a mirror image of how I did mine, Awesome and keep up the grate work

So I took apart the the gun and sprayed on a clear primer that I got from Sherwin William paint store
IMG_6031.jpg
IMG_6032.jpg

After the Primer dried, I grabbed a black, water-based paint, added some water, put it on the gun and wiped off the excess
IMG_6033.jpg

After that dried, I grabbed a brush, some silver metal paint, and did this tchnique called "Dry brushing."
IMG_6038.jpg IMG_6037.jpg IMG_6044.jpg IMG_6043.jpg IMG_6042.jpg IMG_6041.jpg IMG_6040.jpg IMG_6039.jpg

I will let you know more about this process when I have finished putting on the mat coat.

Last edited:
Update! I went to Home Depot and bought some strong magnets. after that, I took out the equipment inside because it made the gun too heavy for it for the magnets to support.
IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

I put the hollowed piece up, traced it and applied magnets afterwards; both on the piece and inside the gun. Each magnet in the photo is a set of two magnets for extra support.

IMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6103.jpg

Now I am able to do as the games did when setting the gun aside.

IMG_6105.jpg

At first I was worried about this part, but then I saw it has screws. Which means it's hollow, which means it can be taken apart, which means I can put magnets inside. I think I'll paint it so it can match the rest of the gun. but there's the progress so far.

Last edited:
Interesting choice keeping the AR it's original colors. Nice work on the magnet system, being able to mount the gun to your back definitely adds that cool factor

Agreed, but how will it hold up if you bend, flex, or bump in to people and stuff like that? For a smaller item like and M6 or knife...magnets work out ok.....This is a big piece. I'm just worried it will fall and break on you. Try to put a tether attachment on the gun so if it does fall off the magnets, it won't hit the floor.

You tell that to the person who put hours and hours of time in to it. "Just a toy"........ain't gona cut it if its broken.

You tell that to the person who put hours and hours of time in to it. "Just a toy"........ain't gona cut it if its broken.

I understand what you're saying and your comments are valuable, but what you didn't see is me accidentally dropping this at the height I would have this thing at when walking around; And she still purrs like a kitten. If it makes you feel better, I am also making a battle riffle out of EVA foam as well before the Halloween season shows up. and I just got started on this project 2 months ago. imagine all the time I have for another 8 months?

Last edited:
Hey what files/templates did u use for your helmet looks awesome way way way better than the one I built I used the Andrew dft file/templates and looks OK but yours it as I said way better haha help a brother out

Hey what files/templates did u use for your helmet looks awesome way way way better than the one I built I used the Andrew dft file/templates and looks OK but yours it as I said way better haha help a brother out

It's on a file that was created by a user named "Chernobyl." When you enter the website there will be a category in the gray box labeled "file archive." You should find the file there.

It's on a file that was created by a user named "Chernobyl." When you enter the website there will be a category in the gray box labeled "file archive." You should find the file there.
The file index doesn't exist any more man :/ I guess I'm sol

Okay, so I see that the files are still there, but are only on a computer and not my phone. I think it might be a mobile thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back