"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the reach thighs dont have the overlapping metal part on the inner thigh like the mark VI does. Is there another file that has those, or do you have to use foam padding for that?

I noticed the reach thighs dont have the overlapping metal part on the inner thigh like the mark VI does. Is there another file that has those, or do you have to use foam padding for that?
Usually people just use foam for those (more flexible=less chafing, if you know what I mean) but having those in the pep first helps more with the structural integrity.

what would you use to cover up your neck when your wearing your suit. cause I have a ninja mask from an old costume I can use, but it wont stay around for long since I am still growing. And also, how do you put the signature under your post, (computers arnt my specialty) cause I wanna post a link for my armor thread without having to put it on my question all the time.

what would you use to cover up your neck when your wearing your suit. cause I have a ninja mask from an old costume I can use, but it wont stay around for long since I am still growing. And also, how do you put the signature under your post, (computers arnt my specialty) cause I wanna post a link for my armor thread without having to put it on my question all the time.

I think you just go to Settings and "Edit Signature" should be there

the new idea

alright guys my name is hidden potential. why? because i am hoping to someday become well known as a armor maker:p i have new idea on how to make good realistic armor;) well it is basically just making the helmet out of paper, getting milliput (search it learn it live it love it:D) rolling it out and adding to the helmet. milliput is like a clay but it is i guess u could say industrial because it dries rock hard and is made for sculpting, fixing, and commercial use. the best part about it is that it dries in about 3-4 hours and since it is a clay u can scratch in details scratches etc. (optional) u then paint it and bam!!!! u got a great helmet ;)

alright guys my name is hidden potential. why? because i am hoping to someday become well known as a armor maker:p i have new idea on how to make good realistic armor;) well it is basically just making the helmet out of paper, getting milliput (search it learn it live it love it:D) rolling it out and adding to the helmet. milliput is like a clay but it is i guess u could say industrial because it dries rock hard and is made for sculpting, fixing, and commercial use. the best part about it is that it dries in about 3-4 hours and since it is a clay u can scratch in details scratches etc. (optional) u then paint it and bam!!!! u got a great helmet ;)

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it. Welcome to the 405th.

Where do you get the picture of your armor with all the different pieces where you can color code it to your progress?

Hi!
So I'm new to the 405th but am really excited to join the community and get to know everyone!
I have yet to actually start my project, however I've been doing a lot of pre-project research to make sure I have all of the details down correctly. So I had a kind of -broad- question here:
Originally I thought the only way to build MC was through pepakaru, however now I've been seeing a lot of people doing theirs from molds and casts. Seeing that I dont know much about those and assume that they require a lot of materials that I probably dont have, I was wondering if using the pepakaru based mc method could still turn out sturdy and official looking like a casted / molded MC?

Thanks a ton!! :)

sounds like your off to a good start, my advice is look through the threads. Theres a lot of molding stuff in the elites threads.

And welcome to 405th!!:D

Sorry, another question that I did not see posted anywhere.
I'm a girl and probably dont have the same measurements as Master Chief, so do I need to change the measurements which are defaulted in the Pep. files for the armor? Would hate to start building it only to find out that its way to large
thankyou for any help that you can give :D

You can find in the Pep threads scaling tutorials. I prefer looking at where the piece lays on the cheif's body and measure that on myself and use that in pep.

whats the computer program where you can make the files wich can later be unfolded. cause I wanna get into that(cause I have a few ideas for a helmet). and do you have to pay for it or not?

We were all noobs once but that dosnt make a question noobish. and the quesstion you ask has been asked befor but not directly so you are right that you would have to resize the armor befor printing also it would be a good thing to lay it out so you now what sections of the inside of the armor will need more or less padding to fit you. please never feel that a question is to "noobish" to be askedall questions are welcome as long as they go along with the pourpose of this forum.

welcome to the 405th

@ halo95. there isnt a distinct program it can be any 3D modleing software. once you have your modle then you take the file and put it in pepakure you can then do an auto unflod or by hand the more complicated the peice or depending on how big the peice is you might want to do it by hand. before you can unfold though you have to make sure you have the 3D software or some people will do it for you and then you can unflod it. Or you can take the video game modle if you now how i personaly dont so i dont recommend that one. Any other questions please ask.

thanks late to the meeting. I did some searching and I found blender and google sketch up. now ive actually worked with sketchup before and know how to work with it. but is blender better?

i have a random question and i didnt know where to post it,
but im planning on going to Comic-Con 2011 in my MarkV when its finished,
and i never been to Comic-Con before, so i went to their website and it said
No badges for the 2011 Comic-Con will be sold on-site at the Convention
so do i have to do it all online or whats up with that?

i have a random question and i didnt know where to post it,...
Since this has nothing to do with costume- and prop-making, you should have posted this in the General Discussion forum.

...but im planning on going to Comic-Con 2011 in my MarkV when its finished,
and i never been to Comic-Con before, so i went to their website and it said
No badges for the 2011 Comic-Con will be sold on-site at the Convention
so do i have to do it all online or...
This means that you have to preregister ahead of time. You cannot just show up at the front desk and buy a badge. And it's online preregistration only (no snail mail).

...whats up with that?
It's their event and they can afford to set their own rules without any repercussions. It's also a huge convention and every fan around the world wants to attend it, thus the logistics that goes along with it is also going to be huge. Limiting it to online preregistration streamlines the process enormously. Snail mail is not longer practical. Being in Canada, this should make it easier and less expensive for you (no need to pay postage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back