"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this may be an odd question, my friend and I were discussing our costumes cause we are going as Carter and Jorge for comic con, and the subject came up about weapons. I'm not sure what he's doing to make his Jorge gun but for my Carter outfit I'm making the DMR and Assault Rifle out of the cs 6 recon and the long strike, A question came up about how to attach the weapons to the armor and he had a brilliant idea of using magnets. What we want to do is install magnets to the back of our armor which is made out of foam and place magnets on our weapons so they'll attach like they do in the game. My question is has anyone tried this before and if so where did you get magnets strong enough for it and how well did it work out for you?

A few people have used magnets to hold their weapons on. Use the rare earth (VERY strong) to secure the weapon. Only problem is that the magnets are very susceptible to shearing forces, so don't go jumping around when you have the weapon on the back.

A few people have used magnets to hold their weapons on. Use the rare earth (VERY strong) to secure the weapon. Only problem is that the magnets are very susceptible to shearing forces, so don't go jumping around when you have the weapon on the back.

ok that sounds good where do I get rare earth magnets?

Try ebay, just did a search and it popped up 46 hits. Then of course just doing a google search should get you some where also for a vendor.

What does it mean if it says infantryman under your name. is that a rank on 405th or something?

It means that you have proven you're capable of skillfully wielding the sword of language... or the dagger, or peeling knife or whatever you have. The important thing is you didn't poke anyone in the eye with it.

thanks that is very helpful now my next question is a friend of mine who is going as Noble six can't use pepkura becuase he is using a mac is there any program out there that is like pepekura for mac that he can use or should I just charge him to build his armor which of course sets me back in building my armor

thanks that is very helpful now my next question is a friend of mine who is going as Noble six can't use pepkura becuase he is using a mac is there any program out there that is like pepekura for mac that he can use or should I just charge him to build his armor which of course sets me back in building my armor

I am unfamilliar with mac computers, but owning a mac shouldnt stop a person from cutting, folding and glueing paper.... You could offer to print the pages for him and he could build it himself. Just a thought.

If you have a flashdrive you can install a program called "cute PDF writer" if you download that (on your PC) you can "print" files out of pepakura with the program and it writes them to PDF's.

If you did that you could scale them and email them to your friend (I did this for a bit cause the mac was the comp with a printer)

Heres a link to it: www.cutepdf.com

Hey, uhh I didnt see and "help" threads for this kind of thing, but I have some expired fiberglass resin and body filler and I dont feel comfortable just throwing it away. does anybody know where I dispose of it? Thanks, Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back