"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I got a question I'm currently working on the boots for the spartan and I'm wondering what are some techniques used to hold the boot in place on the shoe. I'm trying out a boot layer over the shoe and I don't know how to have stick to the shoe. What do I do?

velcro is a good start or you could use magnets or straps or.... well it just keeps going but the top of the boot sould hvae a strap that runs from it around your ankle back to the body of the boot you can do the same with the bottom of the boot too.

sg_main.jpg

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htm

So when you vacuform a visor, can you see through it? cause I wanna make an EVA helmet but I dont know what kind of plastics to use and how expensive they are. (and yes as you can tell ive never vacuformed before)

wow im a noob. can you find them at your local hardware store or do you have to order them online? (the transparent plastics)

wow im a noob. can you find them at your local hardware store or do you have to order them online? (the transparent plastics)

I don't think the local hardware stores sell this stuff. They're called "Acrylic Sheets" and are most commonly found in your local plastics supplier- otherwise, you'll probably need to order them online.

It's okay. I'm a newb too. Just start reading all of those stickies- they're really useful. :p Jump right into the Elite forum and dig through people's threads; you'd be surprised how much of this stuff gets covered.

so technically its just plexiglass? would that wok at all?

Yes, it is also called "plexiglass", I believe. Just stick with the term "acrylic sheets"- that's how many of the plastic companies classify this stuff. Yes, since "plexiglass"=acrylic, you can vacuform it.

Im a bit a way's away from actually doin this but I thought id ask now. I ordered a motorcycle visor for my helmet and I was gonna have to cut it regardless of the helmet I used. Can you cut it with like a band saw or something without shattering it?

Im a bit a way's away from actually doin this but I thought id ask now. I ordered a motorcycle visor for my helmet and I was gonna have to cut it regardless of the helmet I used. Can you cut it with like a band saw or something without shattering it?

I'd use a Dremel with a cutting wheel or cutting bit. Even if it's not a high quality visor, it shouldn't shatter (which is kind of the point, wouldn't be of much use otherwise). The bigger problem when cutting it is going to be temperature: If you set the speed f your tool too high, it's going to melt instead of just being cut. Depending on the accessory you use, that may or may not be a problem.

How would you give a weapon internal support. cause If you pep a weapon you cant fiberglass it cause its closed off. do you just bondo it for strength?

dumb question i guess, you guys have probably already been asked a bunch of times too. How strong is the armor normally when its done? Like could i use one for paintball? I think it'd be sweet. lol. I know it depends on what you use to make it, which is the strongest? And do i have to use motorcycle lens or could i would i have to use paintball goggles? Thanks

dumb question i guess, you guys have probably already been asked a bunch of times too. How strong is the armor normally when its done? Like could i use one for paintball? I think it'd be sweet. lol. I know it depends on what you use to make it, which is the strongest? And do i have to use motorcycle lens or could i would i have to use paintball goggles? Thanks

No, you can't. And yes, it comes up regularly - please do use the search function.

I need to contact Nintendude about a badge I bought from him; hasnt come yet and it's been a month and he left so if someone would be kind enough, please PM me a way to contact him or contact him for me please. Thanks in advance.

@ halo95 try looking up slush casting basicaly its mixing resine and reinforcer together and poring it in to you weapon and then shaking it around to get an even coat on the inside some one correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back