"Help!" for: Misc...

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by 23Magnum, Aug 20, 2010.

1. agent canada

agent canada New Member

good place to get eva foam for cheap? ( located in Ontario canada if it helps)

2. BlazedStarbon

BlazedStarbon RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Wal-Mart sells the EVA foam floor mats around $12. They come as a pack of 4. You can also find them at Home Depot or Lowe's.

FlyinPhil likes this.
  3. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Harbor Freight has the same 4 pack for $10. They just raised their prices but they have sales every so often and they go for $8. Not sure if that is going to help you in Canada..........they do ship but the cost would go up much higher....

BlazedStarbon likes this.
  4. Jme

Jme

Harbour freight isn't good for shipping to Canada.

Agent, I get mine at Home Depot. $13 for the 4 pack, $15 and change after tax.

"I'm just a witness"

5. recon313

recon313 Jr Member

help!! I just started resining some part pepakura model and let it's out in the open so that it's cure faster but disaster struck and it's got wet and totally warped half of it's at least. it's totally messy and totally warped. Can this be saved ? or fixed when it's dry? or it's just totally lost cause and I should just remake as it's really time consuming to remake it again and spend like a week for it

6. Raquisite

Raquisite

Unfortunately you'll have to make it again. This has happened to me a few times when the weather suddenly changes, and there's not really anything you can do to salvage it.

7. recon313

recon313 Jr Member

Welp there goes 1 week of my work. I guess I made it again later on

8. Raquisite

Raquisite

I feel your pain. Good luck on your new build.

9. recon313

recon313 Jr Member

Haha thanks man. I don't think I be doing it in the moment thought. I'm in the middle of exam and I thought spend a bit of time to resin while studying.

10. Austin97

Austin97 New Member

Hey I have a question about my helmet. I made a Halo Reach Gungnir helmet, and what makes it unique is the lack of a visor. So I'm going to put my phone in it, but I don't know how I'll make it stay in place. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

11. FlyinPhil

FlyinPhil Marketplace Supervisor Division Staff

Having your phone that close to your eyes for any extended period of time is going to be absolutely painful. Unless you can link a small camera with live feed to screens that are designed to be used extremely close to your eyes (think google glass), I'd stray away from electronics and try another route. I know roxy roo used a door peep lens, like the wide angle lens you look through to see people outside of your door. That might be worth a shot!

If you are set on using your phone, why not juse glue in a cheap case designed to hold it? Simplementation and effective.

12. peterthethinker

peterthethinker

look online for NTSC video glasses... and a wide angle CMOS cam.... not super cheap but way more effective then a phone and its optics are made for this .

Austin97 and FlyinPhil like this.
  13. kaween

kaween

Myeah, having that phone in front of you for prolonged periods of time is going to be challenging.
    However, if you're hell-bend on using a camera solution, using your phone will be the cheapest solution no doubt.

"keeping the phone in place" : I'd look for a cheap hard plastic bumper case for your phone, change/cut it so the phone can go in and out easy, and glue in that bumper case. Hey presto, perfect holder for next to nothing.

Camera ? Unless you're going to directly use the camera of your phone (preferable) : OTG cable, USB camera. But this would defeat the lowcost setup.

Keep in mind : you will have ZERO depth perception when using a camera solution.

Austin97 likes this.
  14. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

I have seen people even install the small thing that is at your door, that thing where you can peek through and see. It works perfectly because it has this 'fish-eye' effect showing you pretty much everything at once, so your vision is still quite good.

Just an easy alternative.

Austin97 likes this.
  15. Austin97

Austin97 New Member

Alright, Thanks FlyinPhil. I wasn't thinking of my eyes' health. I'll look into Roxy Roo's design.

FlyinPhil likes this.