"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have tried very hard on the search tap but can't find anything.
Can anyone tell me where to find a very detailed guide to building with cardboard. I am particularly looking for the assault rifle. But I just need a guide. I am working on a 98 custom assault rifle. And also, should I start a thread on it?

Hello I've been having a rough time trying to put together a halo 3 odst helmet but unfortunately my peping skills along with my folding skills suck and i was wondering if there was some templates for cardboard

Does anyone know how to do the vote thing for your thread. Is that something you have to download?

You can add a vote at the bottom of the reply screen.

Hello I've been having a rough time trying to put together a halo 3 odst helmet but unfortunately my peping skills along with my folding skills suck and i was wondering if there was some templates for cardboard

I don't get the question. Where exactly do you see the difference between a "template for cardboard" and Pepakura?

You can add a vote at the bottom of the reply screen.

I don't get the question. Where exactly do you see the difference between a "template for cardboard" and Pepakura?
i mean bigger pieces to work with that not necessarily give you good shape but the basic shape so when bondo comes in all the details can be added after

Hi Ive been around for a while(lurking :S) doing research needed to start. As i decide to start i go around looking for cardstock and cant find any, the people at art shops and such tell me they've never heard of the stuff.I did find a card-like paper though(160grams) but its around 0.50euro or 0.60$ each and thats kinda pricey(I livve in South Africa btw).What i wanted to know is if there is a substitute to cardstock and if I perhaps has another name i can refer to it around here that people might know it by. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me where to find a very detailed guide to building with cardboard. I am particularly looking for the assault rifle.

hi guys. I have a specific question about 3d modeling for pepakura. I have a bit of experience creating 3D models with solidworks but my problem is the curves do not unfold well. i'm guessing the solution would be to make the 3D model "blockier". I've searched google and I cant seem to find a solution. I found a tool called retopo but it's for blender. Is there any way of doing this in solidworks short of redoing the entire model? thanks.

Can anyone tell me where to find a very detailed guide to building with cardboard. I am particularly looking for the assault rifle.

If you're talking about Pepakura (the 3D paper puzzle): Search the forums. There are lots of threads about that, everything from quick tips to questions and answers to tutorials.

Ii you're talking about scratchbuilding (you, cardboard and some reference pictures, no guidance beyond that), I guess you'll have to live without one. You can read previous cardboard scratchbuilds for inspiration though.

Not sure if this is actually the right place for this, but can anyone give the best technique for sanding down and flattening off foam to get it looking nice and neat? Also, the best way to join that foam to say, a shirt or a nylon harness or something? (Some sort of glue?)

I've done a test with putting Resin over the top of some foam bits, then was going to see if I could sand it down. I'd prefer to be able to just neaten up the foam directly, though.

Also also, the neatest way to cut out foam? The type of Foam I'm using are those inter-locking mats that they use for various types of gym and martial arts stuff. I was hoping it had 1 bumpy side and 1 smooth, but when it's arrived, they're both bumpy...

Not sure if this is actually the right place for this, but can anyone give the best technique for sanding down and flattening off foam to get it looking nice and neat? Also, the best way to join that foam to say, a shirt or a nylon harness or something? (Some sort of glue?)

I've done a test with putting Resin over the top of some foam bits, then was going to see if I could sand it down. I'd prefer to be able to just neaten up the foam directly, though.

Its a porous material and any sanding will cause it to create gouges, and unless you're going for that look (ie battle damage) then you can't get it smooth without the application of some type of resin.

however, many resins will eat away at foam. What I've done in the past, is coat the foam in Gesso (cheap product you can get at an arts and crafts store) with 2-4 layers (depending on how porous the material is) and covered it good. I then used resin to apply a couple of layers so that I could sand.

Also also, the neatest way to cut out foam? The type of Foam I'm using are those inter-locking mats that they use for various types of gym and martial arts stuff. I was hoping it had 1 bumpy side and 1 smooth, but when it's arrived, they're both bumpy...
don't know. I've never had foam with bumps.

Ok, cheers for the info. I was hoping to avoid having to use Resin, but my test of it didn't eat the foam so that's a plus.

Also, sorry, I didn't explain it very well, but I meant to cut out my patterns in the foam. The thing about the bumps was kind of unrelated, sorry about that. I was thinking of using one of those heat cutter thingies that folks use to make Miniature terrain out of that packing foam stuff, but I was wondering if it'd melt the anti-fatigue foam I'm using.

Help please

I am interested in building Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine armor. I dont know where to start and I know that alot of people build Halo armor and I want to use the same techniques but make a different kind of armor. For everyone who doesn't know what a Space Marine is go to games-workshop.com and go to the Warhammer 40,000 section and go to the armies part on the side bar. Then go from the armies section click on the space marines part and just look around. I want to build a suit of armor from a tactical squad. Please may someone help me with starting my build and the materials to use???

I am interested in building Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine armor. I dont know where to start and I know that alot of people build Halo armor and I want to use the same techniques but make a different kind of armor.
Start by reading all the stickies, especially the ones here.

For everyone who doesn't know what a Space Marine is ...
We know what they are. There are more than a few WH40k fans here. You can check their WIP threads (use the search feature) and learn from them.

Ok, I have a problem and its really annoying. Its not an armor related question, and I cant post in general talk yet, so I didnt really know where to post this.

anyway... On my xbox for reach, ive made it to major rank. and a few days later it started me over as if ive never played it before. so I said no big deal. well it did it again a few days later and its really annnoying. Ive asked other people and they said its cause I dont have a hard drive. its not that cause I have 2.9 gigs storage, and everything else is still there, it only deletes it on reach.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back