"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help. Indeed I put the entire visor in. I plan to simply cut it out later and vacu-form my own down the road. However, its apparent the problem roots from the way some of the tabs are designed differently on either side. I just downloaded the community pack and noticed that the helmet provided in there is different then the version i have. I might try that one, but for now, I'm debating whether to start on a simpler piece of armor. :p

If it's a problem of the tabs not being symmetrical, you can change that in pep designer very easily.

This is true, and I'll probably mess with that this weekend, but like you said, not having internal supports may cause its own warpage due to the surprising amount of weight the piece possess, and the propping up with sticks, ect, may be problematic too because of the complexity of the design. idk.

Ok, I been looking all day for Pepakura flies for Mass Effect armor but all I keep finding is the male one please does anyone know where I can find the female armor? I really want start making this cosplay as soon as I can so I can have it done by next years Katsucon or Otakon

Ok, I been looking all day for Pepakura flies for Mass Effect armor but all I keep finding is the male one please does anyone know where I can find the female armor? I really want start making this cosplay as soon as I can so I can have it done by next years Katsucon or Otakon

It is because mass effect body armor doesn't translate into pepakura. Pep is for hard armor, and mass effect needs to be softer. There are fantastic templates for foam armor, if you look for narayas female mass effect armor on google.

Hello all.
I would like to know if anyone created a sizing chart for boot sizes for pepakura for example: size 14 shoe = pep scale H=195 W=178 D=331
size 13 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=?
size 12 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=?
I would like to know the size for a size 11 shoe * size 11 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=? *

I am just so tired of doing trial and error. i created at least 3 peices of other body parts and had to redo them.

Thank in advance to whomever can help me.

Hello all.
I would like to know if anyone created a sizing chart for boot sizes for pepakura for example: size 14 shoe = pep scale H=195 W=178 D=331
size 13 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=?
size 12 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=?
I would like to know the size for a size 11 shoe * size 11 shoe = pep scale H=? W=? D=? *

I am just so tired of doing trial and error. i created at least 3 peices of other body parts and had to redo them.

Thank in advance to whomever can help me.

well this is my first post so hopefully i can help a bit, if you have a <size 11 shoe> measure the length ,width, and height of the shoe. then jump on over to a site like google and type in inch to mm conversions or any search engines to look for conversion charts. most show tools and they can convert based on your measurements. Then jump into designer go to change scale)in the (2d menu)look at the dimensions then punch those in for each one it should after the fact of converting it to correct size that you need based on the measurements of your shoe also note room needed for things like your body parts and comforts aka padding and such

uhh heres a link http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...pw.r_qf.&fp=cacdae0a7374697e&biw=1298&bih=662
hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
@Warlord This process is extremely arduous and filled with mistakes. A fundamental part of the pep process is having to resize models and try again. But, some extra help is always appreciated. I would suggest searching for HaloGodess' scaling tutorial. Many members of the forum say it is the most reliable. I used it for my pep work, and found it incredibly helpful.

Hello everyone! This is my first post in 405th! I have an issue that seems like I cannot work around. I am using a Mac computer, and because of this, I cannot run Pepakura. I have attempted using a Windows emulator (Wineskin) and any time I try to load a Pepakura file, Wineskin crashes. I really want to just use it as reference when I am building my foam armor. But this is issue is holding me back. Can anyone help me out? If so, please message me.

Hey guys. This is my first Pepakura build. I'm not new to microscopic manipulations, however, I am new to working in anything less sturdy than metal and plastics. Now, I have two questions.

1.) How do you go about actually MAKING the item in question? I have the Energy Sword set up for my paper, printed on #110 white, edge ID on, flaps, cut out, and all that. Do I just pick a piece, start attaching, and hope it shapes up?

2.) I know a low-temp glue gun is recommended, but honestly, the pieces in the sword are way to small to use that with any precision. Is there any other adhesive that is relatively inexpensive, and can still hold up/set quickly?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, you just pick a piece and go hard in the paint. It can take a little practice to be any good. However, it's always a really good idea to score the folds and flaps of the paper. That way, your folds will be much more precise. You could use the dull side of a knife, or a pen. Whatever works.

As for glue, I personally dislike glue guns, and don't ever use them for pep documents. Other people use them all the time, though. Just a personal preference. I personally would recommend using Duro-brand super glue, as it's the only glue I ever use. It comes out of the container as practically water and ergo doesn't interfere with the model itself, is tangibly stronger than hot glue, and doesn't fray. But, it is more expensive. Then again, this hobby is pretty expensive as a whole. Forking over the extra cash can often be worth it with this hobby.

Hey Silverhead,

Welcome to pep lol. You will either entertain yourself for hours on end or frustrate yourself. Either way..... You'll never be able to stop once you start rofl.

But in reference to question 1.) I had pepakura viewer open and started on page one. Then built it out from the first page. Not always the best way to build every armour piece i've have since found out. But worth a try if your curious on how to start. Tracking what your building as you build on pepakura viewer or designer, helps to nut out those tricky little bits that kinda look the same at first glance.

Good luck with your builds. You should start a new thread and keep us all posted with pics lol. We all wanna see it already so..... DO IT! lol

You should start a new thread and keep us all posted with pics lol. We all wanna see it already so..... DO IT! lol
But don't get frustrated if no one or very few post comments, as long as you're enjoying the experience and learning, that's what matters.

I have all the female armour for ME2 nd ME£ But there's a LOT of a variants. Basically ALL of them. Let me know exactly which ones you want for pep and I'll sort the PDO's for you. x
Stu

But don't get frustrated if no one or very few post comments, as long as you're enjoying the experience and learning, that's what matters.

LOL quite right. Thats why I haven't posted any of my works here yet. But I will eventually. I wanted to eperiment a bit with various models and such. MY first ever pepakura work was a helmet from Gundam Wing. Wing zero. I never did find an Epyon papercraft set anyone know where I can?

Hi guys, not sure if this is thr right place to post for this, I need help unfolding my helmet (my own design) - I was wondering if someone could take a look at the file for me?

2 piece boots

was downloading pep files, and got to the 2-piece boots, and i cant download them on 4shared because of 'piracy' issues.. so I was wondering if anyone had them and could email them to me? Dawgy-d@hotmail.com. thanks

was downloading pep files, and got to the 2-piece boots, and i cant download them on 4shared because of 'piracy' issues.. so I was wondering if anyone had them and could email them to me? Dawgy-d@hotmail.com. thanks

First off, great choice in user name and avatar. The 69 Charger is my favorite car.

Second, where did you get the link to the boot file? I just checked and I can download that very file with no issues. Try going HERE and looking up the 2 piece boot file and see if it works for you. You WILL need a 4shared account to be able to download, but it's free and you don't need to put in any personal information and can use a bogus hotmail account.

Yeah i was doing it through 4shared before when I encountered the problem, but it worked now.. Thanks for the helpful response anyway. And yes the 69 Charger IS the best car ever!

i've kinda stuck in the design. i already make 2x prepakura 1st i did not scale it so the helmet opening is too small and 2nd build which is much bigger but the oprning still too small as first build.thought my head is preety small

i've kinda stuck in the design. i already make 2x prepakura 1st i did not scale it so the helmet opening is too small and 2nd build which is much bigger but the oprning still too small as first build.thought my head is preety small

Almost every helmet will need the opening for the head widened after it is hardened. In this picture, you can see how much I had to widen my Mk VI helmet's opening...

DSC04881.jpg

Just make sure that you have an accurate measurement of you head's height, add a few cm, and enter that as the height of the helmet, and you should be fine. You'll just have to widen the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back