"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ever i scale something to fit me such as a helmet, one of the pieces always gets cut into 2, for example if theres a large piece, half of it will be on 1 sheet and the other half will be on another sheet, is that suppose nto happen?

Hey man, Thats perfectly normal. Iv'e had to do that on purpose when ive scaled some armour pieces. You just have to line everything up and stick it together once it's cut out to make it one piece again.

On that note, there is another solution to this problem! In Pepakura Designer, one thing you can do is use the "Join/Disjoin Face" option. Move your cursor over to the right side of the page (where the "paper" is) and right click. The option should show up. If your extra-large piece is made up of multiple sides, then just click on the corner you want to separate. If not, however (meaning the side is a smooth curve or a large, flat piece), then there is an option to change the model so that corners read as "nearly flat" are made into actual corners again, though I cannot for the life of me remember where it is.

Hey 405th! I've just finished putting resin on the outside of my MK VI helmet by ROBOGENESIS, but before I move on to the inside, I have a question. Now that the outside is resined, is it safe to resin the entire interior in one go? Also, how many coats of resin go on before the rondo stage? One out and two in? I haven't seem much to how much resin goes on before the rondo. Thanks!

Hey 405th! I've just finished putting resin on the outside of my MK VI helmet by ROBOGENESIS, but before I move on to the inside, I have a question. Now that the outside is resined, is it safe to resin the entire interior in one go? Also, how many coats of resin go on before the rondo stage? One out and two in? I haven't seem much to how much resin goes on before the rondo. Thanks!

You just posted this exact post in the Fiberglassing/Bondo Help thread. Since it is more relevant there, that is where it belongs (and if you had noticed, I even answered your question). So, please in the future do not put duplicate posts in multiple threads. I realize that you posted here first, but if you noticed that it belonged there rather than here, you probably should have deleted this post before posting over there.

Hey all,
Ive run into an odd issue, the Commando Helmet I downloaded has color. I would prefer not to waste the ink since I will not be seeing said colors on the final project.
Thanks for the help,
Josh

Edit: It also doesnt seem to have numbering on the flaps, any ideas?

Hey all,
Ive run into an odd issue, the Commando Helmet I downloaded has color. I would prefer not to waste the ink since I will not be seeing said colors on the final project.
Thanks for the help,
Josh

Edit: It also doesnt seem to have numbering on the flaps, any ideas?

Yup, easy enough. Click the little green red and blue box on the top row of buttons to remove the texture - from the preview and the printjob. 4th button from the left
And, under 2D menu check "show edge ID" to add numbers to all the edges.
Happy Pepping.

Thank you so much (Does this count as a double post?)

Wow, I just went through and unfolded an entire COD piece then trashed it because I thought I would have to manually do all the numbering, well live and learn.
Thanks again,
Josh

Edit: Alright, I can only find the Right Thigh piece (also shins can be worn on both sides correct?) for a Reach Armor Set.

Thank you so much (Does this count as a double post?)

Wow, I just went through and unfolded an entire COD piece then trashed it because I thought I would have to manually do all the numbering, well live and learn.
Thanks again,
Josh

Edit: Alright, I can only find the Right Thigh piece (also shins can be worn on both sides correct?) for a Reach Armor Set.
Yes, just hit invert pattern in the 2D menu and re-print
Correction, "flip pattern"

For some reason I cannot find "Flip Pattern" in the 2d or 3d menus. Is it because I am using Pepakura Designer 3.1?

Edit:
Thanks Rabbit, I thought he meant that it was another option (other than the invert pattern)

For some reason I cannot find "Flip Pattern" in the 2d or 3d menus. Is it because I am using Pepakura Designer 3.1?

InvertPattern.jpg

I see a lot of very impressive Iron Man builds out there. Are the ones made of foam just adapted/modified from pepakura files, or is it more freehand?

My fear with continuing to do a whole Iron Man suit in pepakura, fibreglass and bondo, is that movment will be limited and the gaps in joints for movement will look silly and fake. Do I need to use a combination of foam/pep to bring the whole suit together to look like a fully enclosed metal suit?

pepped my first helmet and then realized that it is too small and am clueless on how to scale my second one

pepped my first helmet and then realized that it is too small and am clueless on how to scale my second one

Not being funny, but have you read the tutorials?
They're all stickied at the top of the noob forum... Halogoddess' tut is particularly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back