Hey look, another ODST. (WIP) (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on the helmet it looks great and so does the rest of the armor you've completed so far, also if you really want to mold your helmet the silicone shouldn't harm your paintjob, keep up the great job

Interesting, thanks. I'll look into it, maybe I will try it then. When I have time of course!

As for weathering. For most of the armor, after I had all the colors on, I took a plastic bowel and sprayed silver spray paint into it. Then I dipped a chip brush (a really cheap disposable brush) into the paint and brush the silver on to the corners. The brush leaves scratch-like marks on the armor. After that, I use an airbrush. I use black on raised edges to give general wear. Next comes brow. I hit all the corners with brown, because that's where dirt would build up. Plus, I give most of the model a light spray, and sometimes I mix up darker browns for more color.

The brown and black can be done with washes, which are watered down acrylics. I've seen a really amazing painting video somewhere on here before. Though I don't know where to find it.

If that's not very clear, I can make a video next time I paint.

Its been almost a month since my last update. Sorry for the delay, I had finals, the Christmas stuff, and lately, I've been addicted to Skyrim.

Anyway, last time I updated, I said I was done with the comm unit, and, well, I lied. Now it's finished. Check it:
odst__comm_lights_by_jimmydamoose-d4l54o0.jpg

Well, I finally have some free time to finish those gauntlets I've been promising. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• odst__comm_lights_by_jimmydamoose-d4l54o0.jpg
    odst__comm_lights_by_jimmydamoose-d4l54o0.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 153
You're Helmet looks awesome. I love the amount of detail that you've put into you're build, When done this is going to be one great suit.

Thanks everybody! I just bought a can of Plasti-dip last night, so now I can seal the foam details on the gauntlet. I should have at least one coat of paint on tonight and finished by either tomorrow or Thursday night. So expect updates!

On a side note, my Laser Screwdriver came in the mail today.

I've been promising a gauntlet for quite some time now. Well, it's finally here! And I compiled all four sides into one convenient picture! Isn't that nice of me?

Anyway:
odst__complete__left_gauntlet_by_jimmydamoose-d4m90cq.jpg

These things are a difficult pep, and a heck of a lot of work, but they are well worth it. I have two days in paint on these things, and there still aren't entirely accurate. There is a detail or two missing from them, but I'll survive.

What's everyone think?

Also, I have one gauntlet left to finish, the inner thighs left to cut, and gloves to make. The end is in sight!

Attachments

• odst__complete__left_gauntlet_by_jimmydamoose-d4m90cq.jpg
    odst__complete__left_gauntlet_by_jimmydamoose-d4m90cq.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 158
It look great so far :) great details on the gauntlet and on your helmet. Keep it up

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

And, last night I began drafting a pattern for the gloves. Hopefully I have something to show for it soon.

Thanks everyone! The other gauntlet is on the way. From there, its just gloves and an undersuit to work on. The backpack will be made, but not for a month or two. Now that college is back, I have a lot on my plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back