Holy Crap! We're Actually Moving To Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogWizard

Hey 405th,

As some of you may have noticed, I have been pretty quiet on the boards here recently - let's just say that there has been a lot going on down here. I've mentioned this possibility before but it looks like it's really going to happen this time. She has an opportunity/promotion in Plano and we are flying out this weekend to check out the area and start looking for a place to live - WHOOOHOOO!!! :lol :D :lol

We are looking to stay north of Plano, ideally around Frisco/McKinney or possible farther west towards the Denton area. We will be renting for the first 7-12 months as we settle in and look for a house and we would prefer to rent a house vs. an apartment if possible (we need space and have a dog). If there is anyone out there who can make a recommendations on better areas or rental agents, we would really appreciate the help. I've never rented a house (or been to Texas) before and while the web is useful, nothing beats local knowledge.

I just wanted to share the news and give the Texas Regiment fair warning... :D

I got a lot of relations in Mckinny. My family founded Farmersville which is just a little bit to the east of there about 150 years ago.

I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. ;)

congrats on stepping up in the world sir. Both via the opportunity/promotion and Moving to the greatest State on Earth

Sigma-LS said:
I got a lot of relations in Mckinny. My family founded Farmersville which is just a little bit to the east of there about 150 years ago.

I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. ;)

I'm gonna go with "good thing" on that one... ;)

BenStreeper said:
congrats on stepping up in the world sir. Both via the opportunity/promotion and Moving to the greatest State on Earth

Why, thank you! That's been my opinion for quite a while and we can't wait to get out there. Hopefully it will be everything that we are looking for. I'm active on a couple of shooting forums as well and they seem like great folks and I know that the guys (and gals) here are top-notch. Everything I hear leads me to believe that we will fit in just fine - here's hoping...

(Chili does NOT have beans)

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas is the only state :p.

You will really like it here, just avoid living IN Denton if you choose near there. Lived there and it's all good so long as you stay off the roads, horrible traffic and people do not know how to drive .

Hope your move goes well and you find what your looking for.

:] Need a driver from the airport? I'm pretty free this weekend. Lol.

And Denton isn't THAT bad if you live in the outer portions like I do. I'm like, a block away from jumping onto I-35, so it makes for a very easy commute.

I'll ask around about rental places. I'm going to university, so I have an infinite number of classmates at my disposal that know rental companies around the area. Haha.

There's a couple houses for sale in my neighborhood, just down the street. ;D Hey hey.

AND YEAH, we could do a roadtrip down to Dave's for an epic 405th party or sommat. :]

Texas Regiment welcoming with stylez.

Thanks folks - I'd love to make the rounds and a get-together would be great! I was hoping to meet more of the "Texans" at DCon but this may even be better. I've always wanted to crash RoosterTeeth... :cool

Drakku - I figured you'd be popping in after I threw "Denton" into the mix. A little bird told me that all the cool kids are there... :D As far as a ride - I appreciate the offer but I've already rented a car for the weekend (MANY miles of driving coming right up). We are looking primarily at the North-Plano/Frisco area but as we haven't been there, who knows where we will end up...

Any contacts/agents you could suggest would be a HUGE help. I'm trying to pull together everything I can before we head out. Finish your Hammer yet? :p

Thanks again - I appreciate all the support!

DogWizard said:
Drakku - I figured you'd be popping in after I threw "Denton" into the mix. A little bird told me that all the cool kids are there...

Finish your Hammer yet? :p

:] Sounds good.

And Denton's mah keyword. I hear it mentioned on the 405th and I get e'ssited that something might be goin' down! Lol.

I asked my mother and she said that Plano is actually a great place to live; my aunt lived there for a while, and she loved it! Don't know which side of town or anything, but yeah.

Aaand.. the hammer is close! Haha. I have everything all set up and ready to put together, it's just a matter of actually sitting down and doing it. I feel really bad that it's taking so long, and I'm annoyed at myself that I keep putting it off. :<

But it'll be done in time for me to roam around with it when I have Arby's hands ready to hold it. :]

And maybe we should have a party in March to celebrate you comin' down here too, Nintendude. ;D

I just moved here too, from, the UK. Its amazing here in Texas. Everyone seems so friendly here also. I got married on friday, and the family is so friendly!

But yeah, ithica needs to do a party for all us new Texans, I live like 15 mins from his house :p.

I get the hint...lol. I actually live on Fort Hood now but it is still only maybe 30 mins from your house. The wife and I are actually talking about doing another get together but it will have to wait until it warms up because we will have to do all work outside here. Now I have 2 more members that can attend.

Ithica

Ah, you're in Fort Hood? One of my best buddies is supposed to be heading out there next month for training. Two reasons to visit. I hope you have another gettogether soon. I've still got plane tickets that need to get used up. =P And the last one was incredibly fun and educational.

Well welcome to Texas! your actually gonna be pretty close to us of course 4 or 5 hours of driving in texas is pretty close lol.

SPARTANs, prepare for glory!

THIS! IS! TEXAS!

What's wrong with Tarrant County? :p

But, seriously, Denton is not the place to be. Real scary at times. I really like Carrollton, Frisco, and Plano, though. The first of those is my birthplace, so I might be biased.

Hope you settle in just fine, here. See you at A-kon?

Sooooo, how did it go? :]

And hey, Schizo, it's not thaaat baaad here.. :<

'Cuz here I am thinking Carrollton is edgy. Rofl.

Psst, I say pepakura right. :3 Are you proud?

M07Marauder said:
Texas is the only state :p.

You will really like it here, just avoid living IN Denton if you choose near there. Lived there and it's all good so long as you stay off the roads, horrible traffic and people do not know how to drive .

Hope your move goes well and you find what your looking for.

true and stay out of houton city it can get realy bad there go katy ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back