How did you find us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one day i was browsing instructibles and found this instructable... so i guess i owe it to skullcandy that i found this site. the annoying thing was, every time i tried to join, recruitment was closed. it took me over a year to finally join.

Don't remember if I found you on Google, The RPF, paper craft site, or some other prop/costuming site. I visit WAY too many of these kinf of sites in a day! :D

I was looking up body armor in google images that took me to this site in the past, [I think it was back in late 2008, im not sure] I had it bookmarked, then later I reformatted my computer.

Later I found your site again, this time I think through instructables, and now I decided to actually join the forums, knowing its true worth by being without it for a while. GOOD SITE!  :D

Have been doing research for months on how to construct HALO armor, and stumbled across this on Google, Ask.com, Youtube, and a myriad of other little sites throughout the internet.

took half a right turn at the corner back there...

actually i had found out about pepakura most accidentally.

I was stumbling around to find out if it could be used to make full scale stuff and i ended up here.well done Stumbleupon.

Through much google, youtube, and askjeeves, this place seemed to be the most frequent result out of all of them.

i know its super late to post this but, i found this site on youtube when i searched Halo and was directed to BFX DIY Halo Armor i think skullcandy is featured there..lols.

I found the 405th forums whilst randomly watching videos on YouTube. it started with a carmelldance video -> Tokyo dance trooper -> the guys from mythbusters burning stuff with thermite-> back to tokyo dance trooper (those vids are hillarious) -> then to the indy mogul Backyard FX video where they featured making halo armor and mentioned the 405th forums. What a long strange trip that was :D

Greetings all!

I built a Boba Fett ESB costume back in 1998 the old fashioned way (raw plastic and a lot of mistakes!). I pulled it out of the attic Halloween of 2009 to wear again, and the Don Post 96 Helmet that I had customized was completely warped out of shape. I starting looking for a replacement. Luckily for me, I am cheap, and that led me to Pepakura results, which led me to the 405th (yahoo searching). I had NO IDEA people were making Halo armor. I have been pepping ever since. I currently have MRK 6 and REACH armor in progress.

I was talking with a friend on the Rooster Teeth RedvsBlue.com. He made some cool Caboose costume, and I asked if he could give a few tips to a newbie. He immediately directed me here, in which, I have become a very very happy camper.

I've printed out the patters for the plasma grenade and my CQB helmet, I will start more on Spring Break when my room is being painted. At least I'll have something to do because I won't be able to sleep in my room for a night or two.

I am super late as well but I found this site on youtube. I am 6'8" and was frustrated one night because I could not find a halo costume my size so I had heard about people making their own. I googled make your own halo costume and it took me to youtube. I saw adams youtube of his master chief costume he had a link to 405th and the rest is history. :D

I owe my thanks to Skullcandygirl and BFX on youtube. Actually watched the episode a number of times in the course of a few months, started working on my Pep armor, then realized just how big a project this was after all, so came by and enlisted in the 405th. :)

was watching samurai videos on youtube, there was a related video on how to make samurai armor from IndyMogul. and from watching that video there was a related video on Halo Armor. then tada, here i am. Thanks SkullCandy

I was looking for custom made Halo gear to buy on Google, and I found this. Now I don't have to buy it, I just have to practice with Pepakura and hope for the best.

Same as quite a few of the more recent ones with the Indy Mogul BFX,

I was actually looking at how to make a cool lightsaber prop and he had a tut there, then i saw the Halo Armour tut and I was like OMGZZ!!! I AM MAKING THAT!!!!

So i looked at more vids and whatever other stuff I could find and was like I dont understand!! how do I make it?!? So I went back to the Indy Mogul cuse it was the best and looked at it a few times till

I saw about the 405th, then I came here lurked the site for a few weeks, started my armour, then signed up. ;)

Found the site after seeing a lonely hearts ad in the newspaper.

Seriously though, found it through a news story on Bungie.net. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back