Hughs Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The shoulder base worked extremely well with my foam core
armor piece as you can see here (hope this is ok Hugh):

shoulder2a.jpg

I think anyone using this method is going to find that it looks
and wears awesome. You can see the only part I don't have
attached is the lower inner arm plate...

Not sure if Hugh scratch built that... or if I missed it in one of the
files......but this base works MUCH better then what I had going
with my armor before....

cujo3131

Test photo shoot

Got the parts together that I have wearable so far and decided to do a test run. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done. Mostly little things like getting the shoulders clipped so they won't slide down my arm.

Took several photos, these are some. Enjoy!

110212_ODST_WIP_4.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_2.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_1.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_3.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_5.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_6.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_7.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_8.jpg

110212_ODST_WIP_9.jpg

The shoulder base worked extremely well with my foam core
armor piece as you can see here (hope this is ok Hugh):

shoulder2a.jpg

I think anyone using this method is going to find that it looks
and wears awesome. You can see the only part I don't have
attached is the lower inner arm plate...

Not sure if Hugh scratch built that... or if I missed it in one of the
files......but this base works MUCH better then what I had going
with my armor before....

cujo3131

Thats looking great.

Okay, seeing all of this stuff together makes me feel the pressure to get off my butt and get rolling. Nice work man!! It's pretty slick seeing all of the components coming together.

Okay, seeing all of this stuff together makes me feel the pressure to get off my butt and get rolling. Nice work man!! It's pretty slick seeing all of the components coming together.

haha thanks Matt! We need more ODSTs, get back to work!

Here's another

110212_ODST_WIP_10.jpg

Hugh, man. You don't know how much these photos excite me to get ours done. XD Like I didn't already have enough motivation. I'm biased but this is actually the best ODST build i've seen!
-Elliot

damn dud e this is clean this better make it to the elite side and also im hoping mine turn out this good so far i think it is and im using almost all your files for it minus the helm and thighs...........i give this a 10

Holy S**T Hugh, The armor looks amazing. It looks as if you jumped right out of the game. Great work so far and I hope to see more. Also I love Thorssoli's BR, that thing is beast.

Andrew:

holy schnike...
that looks awesome.

though i'm curious, looking at it i see around the neck area (not the actual collar thats obvious enough) that it looks like you used foam? is that so?
also, how did you go about fastening the core at the bottom, shoulders are simple enough, but you've got the points so well disuised its making my original ideas seem like i'm an idiot to even think of doing such things.
guess i should just overal ask it as i'm sure others are thinking it. To boot i'm gonna sound like a fool if i keep going so here it is.

how in all did you go about putting it together in finale?
another tutorial perhaps? :)

oh and one other thing, what base color did you use for the armor? i found Light gun metal matched near perfect with my Rookie and Buck figures, but not so much for the H3 one which was more of a reg gun metal color...
cause you got such a damned awesome thing going there i just wanna be a total fool and strive to be as similar as i can! (you can hit me now, i probably deserve it)
i really need to get my tail in gear, but this low temp weather has me cut off from resin work and i've been building a Clone Commando helmet lately instead :p (had to jump it.. just had too)
but have my core and such done and cannot wait to get the rest going now! but must go slow.. must take time and do right.. don't want another fiasco like my rookie helmet.. heh its a 1/4 inch thick bondo on the outside.. hard as a rock though, but got WAY carried away with the bondo... looks like a cheap clay thing made in middle school art class.. but many many lessons learned. i should prob get a photobucket account huh?

@cujo3131
i don't think you missed anything, the design was for a much slimmer person, i'm going to have the same issue in mine till i drop a couple inches around the waist, so i'm just going for an adjustable strap there (as i see you have)
the two plates there should hide that gap anyways, so its hardly worth fretting over.

I can't seem to remember if I commented on this thread or not, but anyways, I think making "exploded" armor like that should be done more often, as it is an easier way to build, make it extremely symmetrical, harden, etc etc.
Anyways, I love the build and I am making that helmet ASAP O.O

wow best Odst build yet Hugh's thumbs up big time for you my friend :]
Ive been working on my odst build but haven't had the chance to update busy studying haha but keep up your awsome work man :D

Wow man. That looks extremely extreme! As kenster1000 stated; it truly does look like you came out of a TV screen. Good work Hugh!

Because of you, I'm crying now! This is absolutely beautiful! How did you achieve such a clear blue on your visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back