Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
name(s): rob and my son jordan
ages: 41 and 14
favorite hobby: collecting star wars,halo.
favorite part of halo:storyline in reach
favorite halo:REACH
favorite video game:LOL/battlefield
other interests:playing magic and playing league of legends.
favorite food:wasabi chicken:)$)
favorite finisher:assisination
favorite band:slipknot and five finger death punch.
favorite movies:star wars episodes 4-6 and LOTR trilogy.

Name: Nick Presuto (monsterhelljump)
Profession: working part time roofer
Favorite Hobby: Video Games making armor
Favorite part of halo: the campaign
Favorite Halo: reach or ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Other Interests: paintball/airsoft, photography, taking screenshots on halo
Favorite Food: pizza!
Favorite Finisher: assassination lol
Favorite Band: a whole bunch
Favorite Movie(s): men in black, resident evil, forward unto dawn
Other: i have a halo tattoo and plan on getting more

Name: Thomas Stewart
Favorite game: battlefield 3
Favorite halo: halo2 halo4
Favorite new movie: the avengers
Favorite music: techno, and metal (I love all music tho)
Profession: owner of Stewart custom sounds car audio shop.
Hobbies: games, guitars, dirtbikes, and hotrods
Favorite movie: star wars empire strikes back

I am new to armour build and am in the process of build my wife, my son and myself nobel 6 helemts and different armours. Also hope to start on some storm trooper suits after the halo suits are completed. But feel free to add me on here, facebook stewartcustomsounds, or on xbox live gamertag same as on here.

Name: Aaron Ogden, though, most people in the real world call me Nedgo or Ned.
Profession: work for FedEx Express, wouldn't necessarily call it my profession though.
Favorite Hobby: if I'm not working, I'm usually playing video games.
Favorite part of Halo: "We got Jackals in the courtyard."
Favorite Halo: Halo 2 will always be my favorite, though 3 was better in the sense the competitiveness and professional gaming.
Favorite Video Game: that's a toughie, so I'll list a couple, Bioshock 1, Diablo 1 and 2, Demon and Dark Souls, and I'm playing a ridiculous amount of Dota 2 right now.
Other Interests: Cosmology, I suggest that everyone should take time to learn about the universe and infinite knowledge it holds, it's the most astounding and fascinating thing you could learn, and it has to do with everything.
Favorite Food: probably steak I guess.
Favorite Finisher: getting a killtacular in halo 2 was always my favorite, team wipe!
Favorite Band: that's impossible to say for me, I listen to everything from Spice Girls to Sigur Ros to The Story So Far to Bury Your Dead to every single thing in between!
Favorite Movies: probably Pulp Fiction, I've watched that a trillion times or so.

I actually belonged to 405th back in 2007 when I was like 17, I had made a couple pep masks, but never really was able to go much farther than that due to lack of money and the lack of a place to resin and bondo and all that jazz. But now, I'm back, and I would like to hopefully learn to making molds and what not and start to make props in the future.

Name: Liam Craffey
Profession: I make pizza's and customer service
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, mostly League, Singing
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Tie between League of Legends, Halo 3, and Dragon Age: Origins
Favorite Music: I to anything from rap to techno to classics, except country, haven't really gotten into it yet
Favorite Food: Pizza
Other: I'm a senior with a decent amount of free time that I plan to dedicate to making a suit!

Name: Cole Finch
Profession: student, firefighter, paintball ref, and photographer
Favorite hobby: paintball
Favorite part of Halo: the entire story and how the events lead up to each other, plus the movie that came out last year.
Favorite Halo: All of them??
Favorite video game: Battlefield 3, sorry yall I am a PC gamer and I still play Halo.
Favorite food? STEAK (medium rare)

Current news... ALAMO CITY COMIC CON 2013, I am one of the photographers in October. The voice of Spartan 117 will be there too;)

Name: Stephen Keith
Profession: Advanced Tech at Sears Auto
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Cars
Favorite part of halo: The story. I love the depth of the universe, even outside the games.
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect or Halo
Other Interests: I absolutely love music. I play bass, guitar, and drums.
Favorite Food: Hmm..... way too hard a question. I love it all.
Favorite Band: Coheed and Cambria

I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community. I just got back from Anime Weekend Atlanta with a few friends, and we met a large group of Mandalorians there, and, after talking with them, decided our next Cosplay project would actually be Spartan armors for everyone.

Name: Jarik McCann
Profession (future hopefully): Being a 3D Modeler for a video game company, or zero-gee aeronautics for NASA,
Favorite Hobby(s): Prop weapon building, Gaming.
Favorite Halo: Halo 2!!
Favorite part of Halo: The depth of the universe and story and how someone can just immerse themselves into it.
Favorite video game: Halo 2, and Battlefront 2 (you gotta love it!)
Other interests: Karate (I'm a junior-shodan), and playing piano.
Favorite Food: A rack of babyback pork ribs smothered in good barbeque sauce :D
Favorite Bands: I personally hate most pop music, so in all honesty most Halo soundtracks are my favorite music.
Favorite Movies: Forward Unto Dawn (obviously), The Prestige, The Forgotten, Equilibrium, 300, Idiocracy, Zoolander, District 9, etc...

And to sum up why I'm here: I have been building weapon props since I was 11 years old. I recently made an AWESOME Halo 4 Plasma Pistol (I believe I have the best one so far). And I'm moving on to way more advanced stuff. Ever since the beginning, the idea of a suit of armor just seemed to far-fetched and impossible. But a couple months ago, I started looking into Halo cosplay. Turns out, there's a LOT of really good stuff out there! I got really interested, so I did some research. I started watching videos, looking at websites and pictures, and I was eventually led to here by all the good pop-makers and cosplayers. The second I went on the forums, I felt like I was at home. The community was big, it was welcoming, and everyone here was and is just as eager to learn as I am. So it's now my big dream to save up a bunch of money and build a full suit of Halo 4 Spartan armor, and proudly join the ranks of all the great ones here on the 405th. And who knows? Maybe someday I'll march in the Dragoncon parade next to everyone else (Adam Grumbo you're awesome!), right where I belong. I can't wait!!!

AAAHHHH knew I was forgetting to do something....

Name: Brennon
Profession: Car Sales
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and cars
Favorite part of halo: The Books
Favorite Halo: Book (Fall of Reach) Game (Halo 3)
Favorite Video Game: Dark Souls
Other Interests: Airsoft, racing cars, going out with friends to a nice dinner
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Band: Not really sure....if they are from the 80's most likely them
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, LOTR, Fools Gold
Other: Served in the Forces for the better part of 8 years

Name: Dominick
Profession: Student

Hobbies: motorcycles, home brew, video games, making things, learning how to do new things to make more things!

Movies: anything with space, action, fantasy, attractive women... And someone help me if they're all in one movie like Star Trek!!!

A little about me: I am a maker, I make stuff... My hobbies typically revolve around me learning how to do something so I can make something else... I'm here to hone my skills at armor making and hopefully some other props too... I'd love to make props to help finance my student/teaching career.

My Plan: I just finished watching the noob welcome video. I'm a 6 foot tall big dude... I have a 56 inch chest and a 50 inch waist. I am essentially a walking keg. I would like to build a suit of Jorge's Armor from Halo Reach as he is also a bigger character; I like orange too so it all works out. I want to build the armor right meaning I'd like it to be "film ready" so any help there would be great. I look forward to my many hours cutting, gluing, resin coating, fiberglassing, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, sanding, painting again, distressing, dry brushing... You get the idea. I'm open to any suggestions to aid me along in my quest, for now I will read more posts. Happy Making!

Name: Chris Watkins
Profession: Student/looking for a job
Favorite Hobby: Photography and movie directing
Favorite part of halo: All the original and crazy Sci-Fi ideas they come up with and add to the category
Favorite Halo: Halo 3 ODST (no doubt about it)
Favorite Video Game: This is going to make me sound like such a geek (because I am) but Skyrim
Other Interests: I'm an engineer at heart, ever since I picked up a screwdriver and took apart all my electric toys.
Favorite Food: Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell
Favorite Finisher: Every move Sam Fisher does (splinter cell)
Favorite Musician: J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars Episode IV, Oblivion
Comments: I've been a long time reader (years) and finally thought it was time to get involved. Can't wait to get settled in.

Hi guys,
I'm Mario, Age 35. I'm an astronomer working in the Boston area, but I'll move soon. Favorite hobbies: GdR, playing soccer and basket, and I recently discovered that I love make costumes. I'm not a video-gamer. My last video games have been Battlefield3 and Halo3. I love SciFi and action movies and any kind of music.

I'm currently working on a Halo4 markVII armor. All the pieces (exept helmet and boots) are hardened, and a first coat of resin and fiberglass is applied. I have to apply a second layer where is needed and then bondo....I'll post the pictures when I'll be allowed to start a new thread (why I am not?)

PS: this website is gorgeous

What's up, all? Curtis, 47. Recently my son Logan, 6, announced that he wants to be Master Chief for Halloween. (Halo-ween?) I'm not spending $75 on a pre-made costume when I can spend 3 weeks and hundreds of dollars making one myself! (It's a moral imperative. I've been doing it, admittedly poorly, since my first papier-mache Stormtrooper helmet in 1977.)

Although I do some costuming (I'm a member of the RPF), this will be my first foam armor build, so I'm probably going to go with the OG Master Chief from Halo:CE (fairly smooth and not unreasonably detailed). All those curves and angles on the Halo 4 armor are above my skill set for now. (I've already burned my fingers with my wife's hot glue gun.) And because I'm Mac only, I can't do pep, so it'll be mostly freehand. Thankfully, 6-year-olds aren't too picky about the details.

Wish me luck.

Hey I'm on a Mac and I am using Pep.
You just need a Windows disk or copy (keep it legal), VMWARE and about 30min to install.

Name: Sarah
Profession: School. :(
Favorite Hobby: Playing Xbox 360
Favorite Video Game: Really any Star Wars games
Other Interests: Minecraft,watching Red vs. Blue
Favorite Food: Steak :3
Other: well... I have Miniature Cows. I really love Agent Carolina and Agent York, on Red vs. Blue. XD :)

Name: Jimmy
Profession: Work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Favorite Hobby: Video Games, Guns, Writing, Fishing and hunting,
Favorite Video Game: That's tough since I play A LOT of games lol
Other Interests: Playing with my kids
Favorite Food: Pot roast and potatoes with baby carrots
Favorite Movie(s): Band of Brothers, Ben Hur, the Star Trek films (old and New)
Other: I Served 8 years in the Marine Corps

Name: Sam James
Favorite Hobby: Music Production
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Favorite Halo:Halo 3 ODST
Favorite Food:Tacos!!
Favorite Halo Weapon:
Other:????

Name: Jay
Profession: Student, cook, and receptionist.
Favorite Hobby: gaming and making music.
Favorite part of halo: Easter eggs! They always make the game more fun.
Favorite Halo: 2
Favorite Video Game: Zelda, Skyrim
Other Interests:pep :] I love movies and have always been interested in prop making.
Favorite Food: Pad Thai
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
Favorite Movie(s): LOTR, The Prestige, & any and all zombie movies.
Other: I grew up in England, moved to the US 3 years ago to marry a woman I met online.

Name: Gloria
Profession: Yoga Teacher/ Karate Instructor
Favorite Hobby: That's a long list. ;)
Favorite part of Halo: The books
Favorite Halo: The first Halo
Other Interests: Reading, cosplay, costume design, prop making, education
Favorite Food: Any pastry, and sushi.
Favorite Band: System Of A Down!
Favorite Movie: Shawshank Redemption and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy
Other: Love cartoons! The Avatar series, Adventure Time, Invader Zim and many others!

Name: Matt (smutlygimp)
Profession: retired butcher
hobby: crafting stuff and costume
Part of halo: watching things go boom
other intrest: star wars and scifi movies
food: animals , cause they taste good
band: depends on the day.. IE good day CCR , bad day Rob Zombie
Movie: Star Wars
other: just getting into HALO crafting, have built Storm Trooper out fit. and fabricated alot of weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back