Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I figured the best way to introduce myself would be to just say it the way it is. I'm 44 years old, in a professional occupation. I am, by far, extremely new at Pepakura and any kind of armour builds. My 15 yr old daughter has been participating in cosplay events for the last few years. We (my wife and I) have made her cosplay outfits the last two years by hand. Every year, my daughter has asked me to dress up for the events. My wife and I decided we would this year.

Having seen a couple of Halo Armor Cosplayers that were amazing, I started reading the forum in January 2014. I quickly realized there are SEVERAL members who have so much talent and knowledge when it comes to Halo Costuming, that I would learn what I needed to know from here. I watched the intro video for "noobs", Cereal Kill3r's videos, and have read as many of the posts as possible. Keeping in mind that I work a full time demanding job, I am taking on Halo builds as both an interest and hobby.

I will probably not post very often or ask very many questions (as I've seen most of the answers in the forum), but to acknowledge the posts/files/advice/ect., from the forum members. We are building a Spartan MKV (files by moz) for my wife currently, and after having built a helmet, two forearms, shin, and boot incorrectly, I have learned rather fast that armor builds requires alot of trial and error (and a healthy dose of patience). To date, it looks pretty good for a couple of "noobs".

So, let me thank the many of you that have already helped us start our project based on your videos and posts. I am excited to be a part of the community.

Hi im Monkey_Butt_ also known as James,
I am 16 and I joined because I want to be apart of this awesome community.
My favourite halo game has to be reach.

I will be attempting my first build the halo 4 raider helmet
it will have my in game visor (verdant) and colours
light blue + yellow. This is my first go but I will be getting
hope and I am super determined ;)

-Remember Reach

Name: Bobby M
Profession: Full-time college student
Favorite Hobby: Building, jeeping, trooping,
Favorite part of Halo: Playing it the first time.
Favorite Halo: 3/Reach
Favorite Video Game: (Tie) Halo 3, Cod MW2, BF3
Other Interests: Paintball/Airsoft, almost any sport
Favorite Finisher: Precise single-shot to the head
Armor: FX Sandtrooper!! My pride and joy. And ODST in progress

What's up guys and gals? I am really excited to be a noob on this forum. I am in the process of building the Hayabusa armor. Full suit going with white and blue and the plasma sword. This is not my first helmet. However it is my first Hayabusa and first full functional armor suit. Any ideas, tips, pointers etc. would totally rock!!!!! Look forward to hearing from you guys!!!!!

Name: Vincent B
Profession: full-time college student
Favourite hobby: motocross, quad, jeep, gaming, and anime
Favourite part of halo: All Of It!
Favourite halo: halo 2&4

Hey, I created my account a while ago and I didn't know how to use it, and now I know a slightly more how, but I still don't know how to post the pictures of what I'm doing, so if anyone could message me and tell me how, that would be great! If anyone wants to know, I'm doing the helmet of ichigo vasto lorde form.:D

Name: Benjamin Fields
14 years old
Hobby, halo suits :D
Favorite halo part: Assasinations
Favorite halo: 3 and 4
Attempting to build a master chief halo 4 UHD suit with resin/bondo process

Name: Kyle J
Profession: PCA, Graduate Student, Improv Actor
Favorite Hobby: Video gaming
Favorite part of halo: All of Halo. Seriously.
Favorite Halo: oh geez... Every one has something I love... Let's go with 4, just because I'm excited that the story continues!
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Bioshock. Elder Scrolls series!
Other Interests: guitar, photography, reading, sports, salsa dancing, muay thai... the list goes on and on
Favorite Food: Chicken
Favorite Band: Depends on the Genre

Name: Gary - B416
Profession: Sattilite Communication.
Favorite Hobby: Blacksmithing
Favorite part of halo: The development of John's and Cortana's relationship
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Halo series
Other Interests: Raising my daughter and soon son.
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Finisher: N/A
Favorite Band: Don't have one.
Favorite Movie(s): Halo: Forward onto Dawn. (Master Chief has more facial expression than Kristen Stewart when he runs into the hunter.)

Name: Stephan
Profession: ICT Student
Favorite Hobby: Gaming
Favorite part of halo: The lore
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Halo series
Other Interests: Hmm.. Idk
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Finisher: N/A
Favorite Band: Don't have one.
Favorite Movie(s): Halo: Forward onto Dawn, Star Wars, How To Train Your dragon (don't laugh, that movie is awesome)

Hey Guys!
The name is Jack! 20 years old Work full time love Halo and really interested in making a suit of amour :)
I am going to be starting my first build soon and I am thinking the Haybusa armour! I am not to sure if its a good idea for a first build but I really want to give it a go!
I will be sure to post updates as much as I can and any constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers guys!

Name: Ryan Favinger
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Hobbies: Producing Music (DnB), Drawing

There isn't that much of what I can say more (I don't talk much)

HOLA COLA,

Designated: Zalrohg Lekk'olo
Hobbies: any form of art from building stuff to painting stuff

Hello everyone, im an upbeat individual who generally enjoys making anything from cosplay to art. I spend a lot of time visiting this place and now I can finally take part in conversations and help learn from this community. I learned a lot from observing specific members here and its helped so much in learning to build stuff. Currently learning blender to be able to make more stuff and learning to sew. Hope to see more great stuff here! :D

Name: Pat
Profession: Computer Science Major / Application Developer
Favorite hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of Halo: Pretty much everything.
Favorite Halo: 3 but great memories with friends with 2
Favorite video game: Of all time?!?!? Well I think it would have to be MGS1
Other Intresets: Some Anime, Bowling, Paintball, and drinking.
Favorite food: Red Meat
Favorite band: Blink-182
Marital status: Single

Name: Thomas
Profession: none :D (soon to be ITer)
Favorite Hobby: Video games and skateboarding
Favorite part of halo: the multiplayer
Favorite Halo: Halo 3
Favorite Video Game: Dark Souls or Fallout 3/New Vegas
Favourite Finisher: GET OVER HERE!
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold

Name: Jagger Reid
Profession: Work at a Keg Steakhouse and Bar
Favorite Hobby: Video Games and Djing
Favorite part of halo: The Story line, everything about it is so interesting!
Favorite Halo: Halo 2
Favorite Video Game: Halo, NHL, Minecraft, etc....
Other Interests: I am a rookie DJ, mixing music on my spare time.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite DJ: Hardwell
Favorite Movie(s): Blackhawk down, Saving Private Ryan, Resident Evil, etc...
Other: Have participated in Halo Machinima's.

Name: Mikado
Profession: Retail Manager
Favorite Hobby: Cosplay, cons, anime, games, comics
Favorite part of halo: Multi player
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Pass
Other Interests: See favourite hobby
Favorite Food: pizza
Favorite Finisher: umm
Favorite Band: Miracle of Sound
Favorite Movie(s): The Crow

Name: Chris
Profession: SysAdmin/Army Reserve
Favorite Hobby: Video games, outdoors, fencing (sport), shooting (archery/rifle/pistol)
Favorite part of halo: Deep storyline
Favorite Halo: 4
Favorite Video Game: Starcraft II, Diablo 3, Titanfall, Fallout (All but Tactics)
Other Interests: I listed these in hobbies...
Favorite Food: Steak and potatoes
Favorite Band: Argyle
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (Original Trilogy), Lord of the Rings, Blackhawk Down, Gladiator

Name: Scott Lemke (A.K.A. Scoot)
Profession: Cashier for ACO Hardware
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, guitar playing, and prop making
Favorite part of halo: "Here. You may need these. High velocity, armor piercing. They'll take the hat off an Elite at 2000 yards. And they ain't cheap."
Favorite Halo: ODST
Favorite Video Game: Halo series, Elder Scrolls series, Star Wars series
Other Interests: Airsofting
Favorite Food: Chinese/Japanese
Favorite Finisher: Big Bang Kamehameha
Favorite Band: Black Veil Brides
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, LotR trilogy, Marvel franchise

I would like to also announce that this is my first time being in a forum group, and welcome any and all help to figure my way around the community!

Hi, I'm a dad with a 11years old kid who want a masterchief foam costume. So I found that forum to find some answers on how to proceed.
thanks for that GREAT site
seby

Hello, I’m JICR-B148. FYI: JICR is my full name but in acronyms. I’m personally intrigued with the Halo Franchise, much so, I’ve known the franchise since Halo CE. Although at the time, I was under the acceptable age to be playing a mature rated game. I’ve read most of the Halo Novels, and I’m currently reading Glasslands. I was first introduced to Pepakura about 5 years ago, but not in the way you may expected it to be. At the time, my cousin was familiar with simple 3D modelling, and in this case, she created medium-sized boxes for small goods, and I was helping her build these boxes. One day, she suddenly convinced me to look up on Google: Halo Pepakura. From then on, around the year 2010, I researched more about Pepakura. I have about 3 years’ worth of experience on Pepakura and unfold editing. I hope this information suits the interest of the 405th at better understanding who I am and what I’m here for. If you have any questions, please state your responses onto my profile. Thank you, the community of the 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back