Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Fireteam Intrepid?

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Spitfire team?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So overall I think they’re mobility is pretty good, considering. They can be plenty foolish in them. I still get a kick out of the spartan charge bit. Just makes me laugh. We’ll have to wait and see how the legs go. Some may notice that the cod/ ab pieces don’t go all the way around. Made a noobie mistake here. Made templates on my duct tape dummy and failed to account for the thickness of the foam. But I’ll be able to just throw in a filler piece to finish this up.
Edit : small update: I’ll just put this in here instead of making a new post. Finally got a bit more paint done on the Warmaster:) still need a few more touch ups. Then it’s off to weathering
01D4D3F2-43EB-4571-A56A-C4C779625E0A.jpeg DEBB1367-5D02-4F90-8001-AD4A4E6E3A36.jpeg D964784B-2EE2-4EF8-A541-C5EAE9B0CFAA.jpeg

Last edited:
It's awesome to see so much of your work together and functioning! I bet you're pretty excited. Not much left from here and even then you've got most of the eye level stuff done. I really like the texture you've got on orange Spartan's left shoulder. Keep it up!

I’m super pumped I was able to spark the boys interest in the suits again. Made this small little movie preview thing that they got all excited about. Lol I took some of those small clips and just threw them into the iMovie trailer tool........ I know most of my videos were filmed vertical on My phone so some footage cuts their heads off. Oh well, they really liked it regardless and wanted to go out and film some more. Which we didn’t have time for :-( . Seeing them like that tho, gives me a little more motivation to get these done. So here it is...... this was just a quick mashup no real purpose or story. Next videos should be a huge improvement.

Last edited:
If you do can you take a picture of your vacuum form set up including the buck? You've got one photo up, but it's hard to make out everything with that sick visor taking front stage.

If you do can you take a picture of your vacuum form set up including the buck? You've got one photo up, but it's hard to make out everything with that sick visor taking front stage.
Here it is, nothing too fancy. I think I made it with just one sheet of thin mdf and a $5 goodwill toaster oven. The frame is sized right to rest in the toaster oven so I can close the door. So ya, pretty basic but it works well enough. As for the buck I 3d printed the visor shape and backed it with air dry clay (got that one from you duke ;)) .

F0AB42E5-D5CD-44FB-854B-B9115C38C3B2.jpeg

D967C00F-3A0B-4877-8949-CC2384C8AEE6.jpeg

What!? I wish I had thought of using MDF.. That aluminum frame took me forever to make and it is still crooked. I might have to remake in MDF. I don't think my set up is good enough to get all the skull details like yours did.

What about fixing the visor to the helmet? Is it removable?

What!? I wish I had thought of using MDF.. That aluminum frame took me forever to make and it is still crooked. I might have to remake in MDF. I don't think my set up is good enough to get all the skull details like yours did.

What about fixing the visor to the helmet? Is it removable?
Ya I’m glad I went the mdf route. The top and bottom of the box is the middle pieces I had cut out for the frames. I just used a brad nail gun to assemble and then duct taped the seams. Only thing with mine is the size. It’s like juuust big enough for these visors. So I won’t be doing any EVA style visors soon.
The visor was hot glued in, so not removable. But I have a hot knife, so I can get it out if I really want to.

Last edited:
Ok I know my thread here has gotten a bit stale. These builds haven’t been scratched..... just delayed. We recently sold, bought, and moved into a new fixer upper of a house. Plus my printer was and still is having issues. So basically life has just gotten in the way!! But I will be purchasing a new printer very soon. So really hoping to knock these costumes out once that happens. Then it’ll be on to the fun stuff.
So the recent identity/avatar crisis (you all know who you are ;)) I witnessed may have influenced this fun little teaser of the Warmaster based armor.

Ok I know my thread here has gotten a bit stale. These builds haven’t been scratched..... just delayed.
I don't know whether to go with "Spartans never die, they're just missing in action" or "a wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to". I guess we mash them together and get "Wizards never arrive, he dies precisely when he means to".

We recently sold, bought, and moved into a new fixer upper of a house. Plus my printer was and still is having issues. So basically life has just gotten in the way!! But I will be purchasing a new printer very soon. So really hoping to knock these costumes out once that happens. Then it’ll be on to the fun stuff.
What's the new robot to join your family?

So the recent identity/avatar crisis (you all know who you are ;)) I witnessed may have influenced this fun little teaser of the Warmaster based armor.

Who?

I don't know whether to go with "Spartans never die, they're just missing in action" or "a wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to". I guess we mash them together and get "Wizards never arrive, he dies precisely when he means to".
That little twist seemed to get a little dark. Lol
What's the new robot to join your family?
Well got a Tevo tornado for Xmas and I couldn’t figure out was wrong with it. So sent that one back. Thinking I’m gonna pick up the 2018 version of it and hope this one shows up without issues. And as for the “who” question. From what I saw there were several involved.

ALright, time to bring this thread back from the dead!! So......
Finally got my new toy and really trying hard to get these builds done before the kids outgrow them. I think I can pull it off. Then we can get some cool little short films done with them. (At least that’s the plan!!!)
So here she is! My new Tevo Tornado hard at work!
C28EA42C-2E64-4E5D-97D1-3C590A1C084C.jpeg

With the new printer I’ve finally been able to finish off and assemble the H5 Deadeye/ Fotus chest piece. Still have a lot of sanding, filling , sanding and sanding to do.
A50D4EEB-ECE1-444D-BBBA-B0342333D2E5.jpeg F3B09B83-A59C-4B3C-A0A5-5ED521546575.jpeg 3CB999D7-7DEA-4DF4-A16B-E77C534E6365.jpeg

Now I’m cheating a bit with the legs. I’ve started printing CarterBuilder12 ‘s H4 H5 files because they are already printable and awesome files. These suits are kind of mashups with all the mixing and matching. I would like to model the entire sets but I don’t have the time. Not with an old fixer of a house!! Anyway here’s a couple prints. The full shin was a scale test printed in a 1 perimeter and no infill. It was a success and I went on to printing the actual pieces. Modified the files a bit for a relief since properly scaled shins don’t allow your foot to fit through. Prints aren’t stellar as I’m still learning the ins and outs of the open source printer!!
9D72EB39-E44B-469C-A5B0-74891C98B722.jpeg 250785D4-11A4-4858-A6FC-7E015BB440FF.jpeg

And while all this has been printing I’ve been able to put some more lighting into the finished pieces!! Including the Warmaster helmet. I just hotglued in some keychain flashlights from amazon. And used hotglue as the diffusion and black hot glue to cover the lights. The lights are a little on the bright side but oh well. They were quick and cheap!! Plus the batteries will dumb down on them anyway.
2F7C469F-3F87-49B2-8F03-C07D6487084E.jpeg A976B10D-CAB6-42C4-B67B-B6561ECC3C6A.jpeg 0C0644A3-566B-4D17-968B-348CF5A644DE.jpeg B797245D-519A-4034-8107-28C68EFA9916.jpeg

Alright so that’s it for this today’s update!! Feels good to be building again.

Oh and I’m also working on the buck for the Deadeye visor! And with that I can do some of my visor tinting tests!
Ok there done!

Last edited:
That's great to see you're back at it!

But what I want to know is... how did you get that Infinity shirt on your xbone avatar!?!
Haha oh man I don’t remember, it’s been so long. I think it was on the old Xbox avatar store along with my guilty spark. I know they were free, I’m too cheap to pay for something like that. Might have even been on the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back