Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a small update for you all. Spent the last few weeks getting parts that needed mirroring done, the ears on and the back screws in. Just redoing the chin detailing so once thats finished will get a series of proper photos done to show the finished article :)

securedownload_zps1da06603.jpg

Great job on the helmet, I am currently trying to make a Iron Man helmet.

Thank you man. Hopefully you will have some pics for us soon :)
If you have any questions while doing yours feel free to ask away.

looking forward to seeing it again!!
looks awesome just from the picture :)

Hopefully by the time you come round will have it all finished. I am going to do some rondoing on the insid of the chin tonight as its a little thin. Then all I have left to do is finish the under chin detail.

this is looking really sweet, and will be my follow on build after i finish my spartan. glad its moving along!

Thank you man.

As usual, awesome work! The mustard color has even grown on me somehow. More pics of cool stuffs please!

Cheers bro :)
As for the mustard it's the only colour primer filler in my area but like you said it kinda grows on you. Hopefully will have pics in the next few days. Threw a little rondo on the inside of the chin last night to strengthen it as when I rotocasted it was a little thin. I wasn't sure if it would cure as it was -4 last night but both my rondo and bit of bondoing cured fine.
Now I have had a little go at rondoing I am really looking forward to the next helmets. Will be doing Masterchiefs MK VI and Ironman MK VIII side by side. Of course won't go down the foam -> cast -> recast road again.

Cheers dude :)
So when we gunna get to see some bondo slapped down on your pep?

Ohhhh man, You're so close! I love the way this is turning out Tom. Brilliant work! :D

Cheers dude :)
So when we gunna get to see some bondo slapped down on your pep?

LOL! Funny you should ask. I just went out today and spent a whole bunch on supplies for that. It's been too cold to work on bondo or fiberglass the last couple of weeks, and since I don't have a garage and my shed doesn't have electricity in it yet. . . . Bondo work will come along in the future when it stays warm. The main reason for my pep work is so I can start the undersuit. I'm going to try hardening the torso and cod this week so I can start the undersuit. So stay tuned I guess.

Small update :)

Been smoothing the helmet and got the chin detail in now. Still need to add a screw to it then tidy up the teeth, well remove them. I am not happy with their alignment and there is that little strip along the top on the jaw that just has to go. I did have a reason for it when I started the build but changed my plans along the way.

Hope you like.

IMG_16541111_zpsb70db1c8.jpg

IMG_16572222_zpsa1af46cd.jpg

IMG_1658_zpsfd3bd34a.jpg

IMG_1665_zps881f347a.jpg

IMG_16551111_zps733fed31.jpg

Oh and a little something to keep me busy after its done :)

IMG_1653_zps80e285fb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back