I've got a 10ft by 5ft Halo Reach Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've got this 10ft long by 5ft wide Halo reach banner, I was just wondering if anyone could help me guess an approximate value of it.

Because it's so big lol, I'm just looking to sell it or trade it.

I don't think it's worth anything. But I do live near a recycling centre and if you send it to me, I will gladly dispose of it for you! ;-)

Its really a buyers market. Usually this kinda stuff won't go for much because of the size. Makes it heavy to ship and usually very few ppl have the space to display it

I'll take it for 10, if you hold it until like, Friday.

Like someone else said, the value won't be high at all, and it'd be difficult finding someone to sell it, BECAUSE of it's size.

Yup the banner you seem to have sounds like the one's all the store who did big launch parties had. As in anything with P2P sales a lot of factors come in to play when creating a value. First off if there's a market for a particular item thats a good way to come up with a price, by comparing it to the competition but sadly in this case there is not. If you made it yourself then you need to factor in your cost for the supplies used to create it and lets not forget all the time and effort you put forth in making it if you did.

What are you thinking about along the lines of a trade, possibly a rough cast helmet or prop? Not many people are likely to offer one of those but not saying it isn't possible.
What in your opinion would be an acceptable item you would trade for it? I think the best way to come up with a price is really think about it, like what do you really have invested in this banner e.g. money,time,trade value or nothing at all.

I can say with complete honesty as far as finding a value is that everyone is gonna have a different opinion and as you can see from the comments above it seems there is none for those that are only wanting, so it's kinda hard to ask around to other people because the values others may give might not always be in your favor. I'm not saying or in no way implying that someone on here is gonna rip you off but be sure you kind of have an amount you would settle for in your head and don't just settle for the first offer given because you could get very upset with yourself if you go and except the first offer and then something better comes along and you missed out.

*I would just like to remind members that good manners should not be forgotten just because this is the Internet. And when someone asks for help it's best to not comment at all if what you say might be taken as an insult even if it is a joke, in which case it should be followed by a jk or lol. Please think before you type!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Value is based on the following. What is it made of? Paper or Vinyl? How's the condition? Any holes or rips? Does it have hanging grommets? And can you post a picture. Value is based on content. If it just says Halo reach it wont be worth much. if it shows Noble Team its worth more. Hope this helps.

Like someone else said, the value won't be high at all, and it'd be difficult finding someone to sell it, BECAUSE of it's size.

Actually, the (in my opinion rather obvious?) point of my joke was that a poster this size IS a very desireable item, especially for a fan, and therefor can be worth quite a bit. Just have a look at Amazon's poster section. Even medium sized posters can have galactic prices, especially when there's a license involved. And shipping? A poster like this was probably intended for game stores, which means it had to be cheap. That means that they wouldn't have shipped it as a 1.6 m long roll, but folded - so fold it back up and just ship it as a letter.

*I would just like to remind members that good manners should not be forgotten just because this is the Internet. And when someone asks for help it's best to not comment at all if what you say might be taken as an insult even if it is a joke, in which case it should be followed by a jk or lol. Please think before you type!*

To be honest, I'm not sure which of the previous posts required a warning like this? There don't seem to be any misleading ambiguities, insulting jokes or unmarked humour here.

Last edited by a moderator:
.To be honest, I'm not sure which of the previous posts required a warning like this? There don't seem to be any misleading ambiguities, insulting jokes or unmarked humour here
IF there was a like button like on face book i would so like your status lol...:)

When you do get around to selling it, can increase the sell price by writing up the items complete history. Where you got it, what it was used for. Including any packaging or paperwork that came with it.

All these things increase the value to a collector.

I got one too, just trying to figure out where to hang it. And why recycle it?! Here is how i see it, HALO is big, like almost Star Wars BIG. My advise, keep it some where it can't get damaged if its not going to be hung, i am sure it will be worth something to alot in 10 to 30 years from now, again, Halo is BIG so this should be worth something in the future, keep it safe or give it to someone you know who will keep it safe. I am trying to keep all my Halo stuff in good condition for that reason, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back