James Cameron's "avatar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

corby

"Avatar" is the story of an ex-Marine who finds himself thrust into hostilities on an alien planet filled with exotic life forms. As an Avatar, a human mind in an alien body, he finds himself torn between two worlds, in a desperate fight for his own survival and that of the indigenous people.

James Cameron has been working on this film for over 10 years and Weta is in charge of the special effects, they're using some of the most revolutionary new technology. Today was "Avatar Day". 15 minutes of footage from Avatar was shown in select 3D theatres across the country. Me and my brother were lucky enough to get to see the footage, and this movie looks amazing! The aliens looked like they were actually there. Weta has created astonishing results once again. They used a new kind of facial motion capture which is able to capture 100% of all movements on the face. The trailer doesnt even compare to what the footage looks like in 3D.

hr_Avatar_6.jpg

hr_Avatar_7.jpg

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6AAt-oV3wE[/media]

Underdogg13 said:
My brothers were pretty angry when I broke the news to them that it wasn't going to be based off of the show. :D

there doing a movie about that to but it's call last air bender instead of avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
ironkamakaze said:
there doing a movie about that to but it's call last air bender instead of avatar

...which is based on an animated series ("Avatar: The Last Airbender") on Nickelodeon.

BTW, I just saw the Avatar trailer a couple of minutes ago on SyFy Channel and it just blew me away! Amazing visuals!

i hate to spoil the movie but at the end you find out that the boy is just in a coma and has been dreaming the whole time "what a twist"

S.I.T said:
yea and its m. night shamalyanadingdong who is making it

What? Avatar or The Last (overly caucasian cast) Airbender? Because Cameron's doing Avatar, not tlab.

I love the air vehicles and military tech.. they should put that stuff in a video game, it'd sell a million copies.

Is it just me, or do the fighters look alot like hornets?

looks badass!! deffinately going to see it!!

-Pony

Sean Bradley said:
I love the air vehicles and military tech.. they should put that stuff in a video game, it'd sell a million copies.

yeah, hopefully they'll be in the game

ACDCrockr209 said:
Is it just me, or do the fighters look alot like hornets?

looks badass!! deffinately going to see it!!

-Pony

Well, Halo's always barrowed from cameron's art style, it's about time he returned the favour. :p

xalener said:
What? Avatar or The Last (overly caucasian cast) Airbender? Because Cameron's doing Avatar, not tlab.

I believe most of the fire nation peoples are Indian... I dunno what you mean by "overly caucasian cast" considering the fire nation is the largest of the four...

Looks like a generic CGI circle jerk to me. :rolleyes You can't replace story with explosions and blue furless ewoks and expect to get a good movie.

And the way they are pitching this movie "From the director of Titanic..." really makes me wonder what retard is in charge of marketing.

Set sail for fail skipper.

VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!

Well that's because the movie's probably gonna be PG13. They can't very well say "The originator of the Terminator series and the director of Aliens" can they?

I'm gonna see it.

Jim Cameron changed me as a movie watcher. He's part of the reason I WANT to be a director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back